+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1392Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I don't know what it is about this show.....but I fall asleep watching it! None of the other HW shows put me to sleep, just this one!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3696738;
    I think that underneath the ridiculousness, NeNe is a good person. I think she's impulsive and likes to be the center of attention and so she hurts people by talking bad about them for a laugh.

Actually, I also think Kim is a good person. I just think they both are maybe not so intelligent.
    Well I fell in love with NeNe in last night's show -- one sentence, one word did it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3696948;
    I would agree that NeNe is not so intelligent and I'd add Kim to that mix. Both don't appear to be the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. On the other hand, I think both Lisa and Sher ee are bright. And, I think they both use it to stir up trouble and I don't find either to be nice.
    I can say a lot of things against NeNe and Kim, but I would not say that either is really malicious. I do think that Lisa and Sher ee are.
    I agree with those sentiments entirely. And watching Sheree & Lisa go at each other was disturbingly entertaining.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3698474;
    These women bug me more and more. AT LEAST the other wives shows actually show us the women's lives. These woman must have all signed up for this show just to get their "new" careers going. Kandi is the only one that is doing what she was doing before she started or that is even qualified for her profession. A lot of celebrities come out with clothing and product lines but these women are "F "list celebrities at the best! Who really wants to say "Oh, yes this blouse is She by Sheree"! Did anyone hear her say that she wanted to arrive in a Maybach? Talk about having Champagne tastes on a beer budget! I think that these cars cost about $500,000. She's going to impress everyone with a rented car. She's all show with nothing to back it with.
    That was priceless. Hell the First Lady doesn't even show up in Maybachs. At least she did pick a Mercedes brand...and then her demands ran Mercedes off! Her publicist was a gorgeous piece of man.

At least Lisa gave credit to her designer. I thought that some of the designs were pretty cute BUT What part of the designs were influenced by Lisa? We only see the wives in hoochie tops and (from what I can remember) all I saw were blouses with ruffles and high necklines. I feel bad for "her" designer, being associated with this show. Maybe this will lead to a gig on Project Runway or something else for her.
    KIM! Ahhhhhhhhh We all know that she can't sing. I did love the discussion, in the studio, with Kandi and those guys. Kandi saying that they could make anybody sound good! Kim , just like the other two, has just hired people (who actually have talent) to design and produce for them. If they all just said that they were starting companies it wouldn't bug me so much but they want us to think that they are the ones with talent. Hate it!
    And they could have claimed the credit and kadooze for having spotted and engaged talent. There's nothing 'dishonourable' in being the one to put something together, hiring and encouraging skilled craftswomen and visionary designers, contributing financial support. Nothing at all. Being a patron of the arts or industry or design is admirable if one has the wherewithal. It's a skill in and of itself. OTOH, pretending to vision is a bit tawdry.

I thought Dwight's comments were spot on. It doesn't look good to buyers that you don't have your garments finished. The spotlight should be on the pieces. I mean, that's not like some sort of super secret inside knowledge, but simple common sense. I think Lisa should just get over herself and avail herself of Dwight's insights. He gets more and more likeable in every episode.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3698512;
    Lisa and Sheree are so in competition with each other that it's not fun to watch. Why can't they just try to be more supportive of each other? They pretend to be friends, as they stab each other in the back.

This is probably why these 2 are my least favorite on this show.
    Also they waste a lot of energy sniping, and a lot of opportunities to share ideas.

FORT Fogey

So what's the group verdict on Sheree at Lisa's fashion show.

For somebody who gives herself such airs and graces, she's about as uncouth as they come. First to use the eff word. First to use the mofo word. Carrying on shrieking even as she walked along.

I know she didn't have some school concert. This was a poor attempt to throw shade, as NeNe rightly pointed out. Better would have been to visibly show up at first, then, before the shmatte was shown, to leave. As if she were quietly, kindly, noting that the collection wasn't worth seeing and she had better things to do.

Instead she looked like she had nowhere to go, no place to be, and nothing to say. Where you are last in the evening is always the most important seeming place. So she should have stayed away completely or left early. Showing up late just showed she was curious as to how the evening went.

Or, as I say, had nothing else on her calendar except counting her food stamps.

But she got read and good by Lisa who shaded back but on target; blanking is a hard maneuver to pull off. You can't EVER look at the person you're blanking or smirk. You have to look busy with the other guests so there's nothing for the readee to complain about, without looking even more sad and pathetic and uninteresting. One crack in the act of totally ignoring the other and you're sunk; you're letting her see you care.

Oh, and NeNe's boy? Going to be a sad case, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3698818;

And they could have claimed the credit and kadooze for having spotted and engaged talent. There's nothing 'dishonourable' in being the one to put something together, hiring and encouraging skilled craftswomen and visionary designers, contributing financial support. Nothing at all. Being a patron of the arts or industry or design is admirable if one has the wherewithal. It's a skill in and of itself. OTOH, pretending to vision is a bit tawdry.

I thought Dwight's comments were spot on. It doesn't look good to buyers that you don't have your garments finished. The spotlight should be on the pieces. I mean, that's not like some sort of super secret inside knowledge, but simple common sense. I think Lisa should just get over herself and avail herself of Dwight's insights. He gets more and more likeable in every episode.
    Exactly! Say that you've started a company because you've "discovered" a new designer or talent. Take credit for that NOT the designs!
    Yes! I'm liking Dwight more than I did at the beginning. He's being sincere not insulting, with his comments.

Did I really hear Nene correctly when she was at Kim's wig party when she said she was a size 8? SERIOUSLY...an 8??? If she is an 8 then I guess I am in baby sizes. Sheesh!

Ok quick question...who is the worst singer Kim or Heidi Pratt?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3699153;
    Did I really hear Nene correctly when she was at Kim's wig party when she said she was a size 8? SERIOUSLY...an 8??? If she is an 8 then I guess I am in baby sizes. Sheesh!

Ok quick question...who is the worst singer Kim or Heidi Pratt?
    Maybe the size charts in Atlanta are kinda like dog years! You multiply it and get the sizes that the rest of us are wearing!

Too funny.
    I think she's actually small on the bottom - I noticed that when she was in the shorts on the pole dance.
    It's just her top that is oversized.
    Sizes today are very different from what they were years ago, so an 8 is really not that small. It's average.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread