+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

One of my mother's favorite sayings was, "You smell your upper lip!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Lessee, I finally finally finally got to see the episode from last week.

I thought NoNo did a great job directing; I was genuinely impressed that she took it so seriously. I remember thinking "what do they need a director for" and then when I watched her I realized she was a big help to everyone except Kim, who seems to be dedicated to the proposition that being really dumb is somehow cute. Kim: it's not. It's sad.

I thought Sheree was very good in how she reached out to Kim without making a big deal of it. I was very impressed.

NoNo says that she was uncomfortable as the 'prim and proper lady' but I thought she looked really good.

It would appear to me that this episode was designed and edited in response to the general poor behaviour shown in the previous ones. Even Kim and Lisa managed to be civil during that excruciating 'confrontation.'

Sometimes I think Kim must be a masochist.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"I thought NoNo did a great job directing; I was genuinely impressed that she took it so seriously. I remember thinking "what do they need a director for" and then when I watched her I realized she was a big help to everyone except Kim, who seems to be dedicated to the proposition that being really dumb is somehow cute."

Geez...where did Kim and Sarah Palin get these ideas???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Same thrift store?

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3696225;

Sometimes I think Kim must be a masochist.

Nothing wrong with that. I am just sayin'

I don't really have much of a problem with Kim.
    It's Sher ee and Lisa who bother me. I think they both stir it up / incite others.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3695951;
    Nene is still my favorite, too. I get the impression that when she "puts on airs", she's doing in a sort of tongue-in-cheek way (as opposed to my least favorite character Sheree'). Something was mentioned upthread about Nene's education. I don't think "book smarts" is her strong suit, but I do remember (maybe it was last season?) that her oldest went off to college and seemed like an admirable guy. That has to be due in part to Nene's handiwork. We always want better for our children, and I give her credit for changing her family tree, so to speak.
    Agreeing w/you here. I dunno why, but it bugs me that NeNe is such a pretender. I do like her 'cause deep down she seems very decent.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

I think that underneath the ridiculousness, NeNe is a good person. I think she's impulsive and likes to be the center of attention and so she hurts people by talking bad about them for a laugh.

Actually, I also think Kim is a good person. I just think they both are maybe not so intelligent.

I would agree that NeNe is not so intelligent and I'd add Kim to that mix. Both don't appear to be the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. On the other hand, I think both Lisa and Sher ee are bright. And, I think they both use it to stir up trouble and I don't find either to be nice.
    I can say a lot of things against NeNe and Kim, but I would not say that either is really malicious. I do think that Lisa and Sher ee are.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

These women bug me more and more. AT LEAST the other wives shows actually show us the women's lives. These woman must have all signed up for this show just to get their "new" careers going. Kandi is the only one that is doing what she was doing before she started or that is even qualified for her profession. A lot of celebrities come out with clothing and product lines but these women are "F "list celebrities at the best! Who really wants to say "Oh, yes this blouse is She by Sheree"! Did anyone hear her say that she wanted to arrive in a Maybach? Talk about having Champagne tastes on a beer budget! I think that these cars cost about $500,000. She's going to impress everyone with a rented car. She's all show with nothing to back it with. At least Lisa gave credit to her designer. I thought that some of the designs were pretty cute BUT What part of the designs were influenced by Lisa? We only see the wives in hoochie tops and (from what I can remember) all I saw were blouses with ruffles and high necklines. I feel bad for "her" designer, being associated with this show. Maybe this will lead to a gig on Project Runway or something else for her.
    KIM! Ahhhhhhhhh We all know that she can't sing. I did love the discussion, in the studio, with Kandi and those guys. Kandi saying that they could make anybody sound good! Kim , just like the other two, has just hired people (who actually have talent) to design and produce for them. If they all just said that they were starting companies it wouldn't bug me so much but they want us to think that they are the ones with talent. Hate it!
    Why does Kim have her kids on the show so much? Sorry, but that little one is OBNOXIOUS and as long as she is on the show (her mother's choice) I feel that she is fair game! SOOOOOOO, I would just like to say (in a nice way) that all of those expensive clothes are a TOTAL waste on that kid! She may as well buy her clothes at Target because the price of the clothing doesn't help her look one bit! Kim admitted to the new nanny (last week) that they eat a lot of junk food. Well, I just want to say that IT SHOWS! Kim, PUT THAT KID ON A DIET! NOW!
    Last edited by tvaholic; 09-11-2009 at 03:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread