+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1357Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3690429;
    Again, this is my first season with the Atlanta women so I don't know the history. But, what's with NeNe? Was she actually a stripper in her former life? She seemed to take to that pole like a fish to water.
    Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;3691126;
    I saw Nene in an interview the other day I think it might have been on Extra and she said absolutely she used to be as stripper. That men like strippers and there was nothing wrong with it.

When NeNe was on Bravo's 'Watch What Happens Live,' Andy Cohen asked her if she had ever been a stripper. She said, "no." I guess she may not have wanted to admit it (if she had), but I actually believed her. Maybe she was just kidding around in the Extra interview??

FORT Fogey

Did anyone notice that with Kim's "mistress" alter ego shoot, her robe was opened a little, and she wasn't wearing underwear? They pixelated the "area," but the way the robe was opened, it had to have been intentional!

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3691349;
    When NeNe was on Bravo's 'Watch What Happens Live,' Andy Cohen asked her if she had ever been a stripper. She said, "no." I guess she may not have wanted to admit it (if she had), but I actually believed her. Maybe she was just kidding around in the Extra interview??
    In her book, NeNe does admit to having been a stripper. Not surprising but also not a big deal IMO. Oh, and her stripper name was "Silk"

'Real Housewives of Atlanta' star Nene Leakes admits to stripper past

FORT Fanatic

Seems like I remember the question of NoNo being a stripper came up on another board, or a reunion show, and NoNo was adamant she had never been a stripper, and the only person she stripped for was her husband. (I never believed her) Looks like NoNo wanted to include this juicy tidbit in her book. Go ahead Silk!

Next episode, looks like the green eyed monster gets Sheree, as Lisa debuts her fashion line, and she has real clothes!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3691823;
    In her book, NeNe does admit to having been a stripper. Not surprising but also not a big deal IMO. Oh, and her stripper name was "Silk"

'Real Housewives of Atlanta' star Nene Leakes admits to stripper past
    Count me in as another one who doesn't think it's a big deal. It wouldn't be my choice, but if others want to.... I was just going by her reply to Andy Cohen when he asked her about it. If she had a book coming out that admitted to being a stripper, I wonder why she denied it to Andy? Oh, well!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3692181;
    Count me in as another one who doesn't think it's a big deal. It wouldn't be my choice, but if others want to.... I was just going by her reply to Andy Cohen when he asked her about it. If she had a book coming out that admitted to being a stripper, I wonder why she denied it to Andy? Oh, well!
    I agree..just wonder why she denied it also.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3692170;
    Seems like I remember the question of NoNo being a stripper came up on another board, or a reunion show, and NoNo was adamant she had never been a stripper, and the only person she stripped for was her husband. (I never believed her) Looks like NoNo wanted to include this juicy tidbit in her book. Go ahead Silk!

Next episode, looks like the green eyed monster gets Sheree, as Lisa debuts her fashion line, and she has real clothes!
    I have been a "lurker" for many years here. (since the first RHOC thread got taken down)

This was one of the best lines I have seen through the years.
    "Real clothes" ROFL
    BTW...Hello everyone..I feel like I have gotten to know all of you personally through all the threads.
    Last edited by BlondeOne; 09-06-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: forgot to say Hello

FORT Fanatic

Welcome, nice to meet you! Just jump in anytime. Yes, Lisa has "real clothes" not sketches!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Well, NeNe had me fooled. I'm thinkin' stripper would be an upgrade for her "past life"; she's so not even middle class. It's pretty clear she is from the wrong side of somewhere but pretends otherwise - remember first season when they showed her kindergarten-like printed note, done in huge semi-literate letters, to her "father"-- it was downright pathetic. Made me feel sorry for her.

NeNe's spunk and sass are hugely entertaining, but I'd like her a whole lot more if she was honest. Say where you're from, girl, then we'll maybe be happy for you that you're where you are today.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I don't understand women who hang out with people who don't like you. Kim is really and truly dumb.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread