+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1406Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3686706;
    And who is NoNo to call someone ghetto. Yes, I know the origin of the word, but I know exactly the way NoNo meant it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3687411;
    I agree with NeNe. Kandi is just a little more on the down low with hers. I compare Kandi's hidden ghetto right up there with Whitney Houston when she was with Bobby Brown.
    I don't see it that way at all. To me, Kandi is more urban. I would not think of her as "ghetto" at all.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't see it either.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kim Zolciak Goes Topless, Steve-O Kisses Men to Support Same Sex Marriage
    Wednesday, September 02, 2009
    By Hollie McKay

When it comes to drawing attention to herself, Kim Zolciak knows how to create a buzz, and once again the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" starlet has flashed the flesh to promote her political position.

The Bravo blonde has posed topless (for free) in support of the NOH8 Campaign which seeks to overturn California’s Proposition 8 which bans same-sex marriage. Oh-so coincidentally, Zolciak has timed the release of the sexy snaps with the release of her debut dance single "Tardy For the Party."

"[T]he noh8 campaign shoot was hot. and I am topless!!! Just to cause a stir to make people pay attention!" she tweeted.

The photo is certainly eye-catching, so eye-catching in fact that the reality star had to defend herself on Twitter and coax her many followers to "trust" her that "it wasn’t photo shopped that much."
    Link

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3686943;
    well I read somewhere (cant remember where) that bravo is searching for gay men in atlanta to revolve a show around. Wonder if Dwight was the start of this?
    I didn't hear about a reality show revolving around gay men, but I did hear about a reality show based on "The L Word," on Showtime. It will be called, '"The Real L Word: Los Angeles."

Variety dot com

'L Word' is now a reality. Showtime to revive show as reality series

Showtime is reviving "The L Word" -- but this time as a reality series.
    Pay cabler has greenlit nine episodes of "The Real L Word: Los Angeles," from "L Word" creator Ilene Chaiken and reality producers Magical Elves ("Top Chef").

Show will follow six lesbians in Los Angeles as they go about their lives -- a lesbian answer to Bravo's "Real Housewives" franchise. Project is dependent on casting, the net said; if all goes as planned, "The Real L Word" would debut sometime next year.

"The L Word," which ran for six seasons on Showtime, wrapped up earlier this year. Series, which starred Jennifer Beals, Mia Kirshner and Laurel Holloman, among others, centered on a fictional group of women, both gay and straight, in Los Angeles.

"Even though we concluded our sixth season of 'The L Word' on Showtime this past March, I believe we are not nearly finished telling our 'L Word' stories," Chaiken said. "Showtime has yet again come forward to continue with us this mission to entertain and enlighten and bring more 'L' to the world."

Chaiken, who exec produced "L Word," will also EP "The Real L Word," along with Magical Elves' Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz.

"We love to tell authentic stories about complex characters and feel like this is an area that has yet to be explored in reality television," Lipsitz said.

"Real L Word" is the latest in a string of series orders for Showtime, which last week greenlit the Laura Linney starrer "The C Word." Cabler also has "Oliver Stone's Secret History of America" on tap.

"The Real L Word" is the second spinoff for Chaiken. The exec producer was behind the scripted spinoff "The Farm," which starred "The L Word's" Leisha Hailey. That project wasn't picked up to series, however.

Added Cutforth: "We're ready to take on the challenge of living up to the groundbreaking drama of the original 'L-Word'."

FORT Fogey

Kim's song, "Tardy for the Party" is #10 on iTunes Top Dance songs. I just heard a little clip, and it (of course) doesn't sound anything like her!
    Last edited by daiseyo; 09-02-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3688057;
    Kim's song, "Tardy for the Party" is #10 on iTunes Top Dance songs. I just heard a little clip, and it (of course) doesn't sound anything like her!
    Well, color me surprised...

I thought Kimmie wanted to be a country singer...guess that didn't work out, huh?

I went to YouTube to hear it. I'm not big on dance music but it didn't sound too bad and there were a lot of positive comments. Some of the parodies of her singing are pretty funny. I would have picked her as the housewife least likely to succeed and now.......... she's a star !!!!!! heh-heh Go figure! I bet that Jo (OC) is soooooooo jealous!

FORT Fogey

It is kinda catchy, but like one of the comments on YouTube states, they really synthesized her voice! I wonder how Ryan Seacrest feels with all of the shoutouts to him in the song ("On Air with Ryan Seacrest....")?

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3688125;
    I went to YouTube to hear it. I'm not big on dance music but it didn't sound too bad and there were a lot of positive comments. Some of the parodies of her singing are pretty funny. I would have picked her as the housewife least likely to succeed and now.......... she's a star !!!!!! heh-heh Go figure! I bet that Jo (OC) is soooooooo jealous!
    So, if it's on U-tube, I'm assuming that means there's an actual video to go along with it?

If "it didn't sound too bad," I'm betting that her voice was MAJORLY altered electronically or something. I mean, come on...remember how she sounded when she sang for Dallas Austin?

I'm gonna have to check it out when I get home...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3688141;
    So, if it's on U-tube, I'm assuming that means there's an actual video to go along with it?

If "it didn't sound too bad," I'm betting that her voice was MAJORLY altered electronically or something. I mean, come on...remember how she sounded when she sang for Dallas Austin?

I'm gonna have to check it out when I get home...
    OOOOOH YEAH! Her voice has been altered BIG TIME! She almost sounds like a ROBOT! There are a couple of joke videos that say that they are the THE video. The one that I listened to had a black and white picture of her and the song just played. Read the comments! Some of them are pretty funny. We all know one thing for sure, if she ever has to perform it in public, she WILL be lip syncing ! I CAN'T WAIT! Can't you just see Kim dancing around on a stage, holding a microphone! I'm sure that she's been practicing in front of a mirror with her hairbrush!

+ Reply to Thread