+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree1059Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3217050;
    I don't see the "stank" attitude some people see. I see women being women. We women tend to be Catty by nature. So what they like to flaunt the things they have? I don't see them as being insecure. I see them just being who they are women. People all over the country no matter what race, creed or color are about "Keeping up with the Jonese's"

I don't take issue with them spending excessively its their money to do with what they will while they have it. These ladies binge shopping benefits the economy so let them do their worse and they probably will. I plan to watch with my girls and lmao at the drama of it all.

This really is good gossip at the beauty salon let me tell ya,lol.
    "Just women...." I - DON'T - THINK - SO.
    These low life buffoons wouldn't last a day in my neighborhood. They all clearly were brought up in poverty, have no idea what civilized and cultured living looks like. They seem to think flaunting new money makes them "somebody". They're simply freaks & we're not even laughing at them. They humiliate themselves every time they open their collective mouths. No need to make fun of these pathetic heathens.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3217971;
    I don't blame Keith Sweat one bit for not letting his boys in on this thing. Too many people these days are throwing their kids in the spotlight for whatever reason. I don't care whether his kids want to do it or not. The show is about the "housewives", mention the kids all you want but we don't need people blogging about what sorts of kids they are or how they look or what they wear. Exposing them to all of that is so unnecessary.

I totally agree, keepitreal. If these boys were over the age of 18 and wanted to do it, that would be their choice. But they are not! Good for the father to put his foot down.

I am really not liking Sheree, and she didn't bother me when she was on the Amazing Race. But so far she has not come across as being very nice....to her "friends" and even her ex. The things she said about him on last night's show were rather bitter.

Blondie is a trainwreck. That bday party was so over the top for her 11 year old daughter. Looks like she is living in a condo/townhouse kind of neighborhood, not one of the mansions like her other pals. Shades of Lauri from RHOOC.

Nene was rather nutty in her son's dorm. Can we paint the walls? Can we hang a plasma? I highly doubt she ever lived in a dorm.

The one who spends her day getting her hair done and make up put on in her in-home salon (while not interviewing "the help") while moaning about being a single parent while hubby is away with his team......should be spending some of her precious time teaching that little brat that the world does not revolve around him.

I think I like the last wife the best, the one who is a realtor among other things. She seems like the Jeana of this group.

I didn't find the party for Kim's daughter to be over the top. I live in Cali in an area that kids have parties like that all the time. My niece just had one herself and the kids gave her extremely expensive handbags and clothes.The party was held at an exclusive restaurant. The kids in my neighborhood have parents with lots of disposable income and so that is what a birthday party consists of to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3218321;
    I didn't find the party for Kim's daughter to be over the top. I live in Cali in an area that kids have parties like that all the time. My niece just had one herself and the kids gave her extremely expensive handbags and clothes.The party was held at an exclusive restaurant. The kids in my neighborhood have parents with lots of disposable income and so that is what a birthday party consists of to them.
    I find that the kid's that have the "over the top" parties at that age are from families that are usually upper middle class and are trying to keep up with the Jones's. These parents usually are from "new" money and need to prove something to either themselves or their friends.
    Regardless if families have disposable incomes or not, many parents are practical and choose not to waste money.
    Wealthy families have nothing to prove and the birthday parties they give their children are usually low key and limited.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

These parties are more about the parents than the children.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3218373;
    I find that the kid's that have the "over the top" parties at that age are from families that are usually upper middle class and are trying to keep up with the Jones's. These parents usually are from "new" money and need to prove something to either themselves or their friends.
    Regardless if families have disposable incomes or not, many parents are practical and choose not to waste money.
    Wealthy families have nothing to prove and the birthday parties they give their children are usually low key and limited.

Some of the kids at the school down the street from me, Torrey Pines High drive better cars and take better vacations than I do and I work and can afford to but just won't. I however don't agree that doing what you want with your own money is wasting it. I spent my money how I want because its mine and if I want to spend $400 on a Hairdo I will and have. It's personal preference thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3218581;
    I however don't agree that doing what you want with your own money is wasting it. I spent my money how I want because its mine and if I want to spend $400 on a Hairdo I will and have. It's personal preference thats all.
    So if you wanna light a cigar with a $100 bill then it is not wasteful? It's your money you can waste it if you want but don't fool yourself into thinking that a $400 haircut is not being wasteful. That money could be put to better use than fueling your narcissism.

At what point does it become excessive?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing that if she's got it and she wants to do that $400 hairdo, and even though it may be ridiculous to you and me, it's not anyone's business if she chooses to spend her money like that. What's excessive to one is not necessarily excessive to the next person. We all make our own choices; our values are all different.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Some of the kids at the school down the street from me, Torrey Pines High drive better cars and take better vacations than I do and I work and can afford to but just won't. I however don't agree that doing what you want with your own money is wasting it. I spent my money how I want because its mine and if I want to spend $400 on a Hairdo I will and have. It's personal preference thats all.
    I agree with you - if it's yours, do what you want; all these women are guilty of is trying to navigate the world without a brain. They're humiliating themselves, poor things: undereducated, overchallenged, and have no idea they are freaks. It's fascinating, actually.

Of course it's wasting money when you buy an 11 year old a purse that costs $1600, it's ridiculous, unnecessary and excessive. It's a need to try and keep up with the Jones's and impress others. Same with the expensive cars, it is a need to impress others. I can assure you some of the wealthiest kids I know prefer to shop at second hand stores and at Target, sure they may drive a nice "safe" car but they're not idiots.
    You are a grown woman that earns her own money, it's up to you if you want to pay $400 for a haircut. It's your choice, your money. What values does one instill in a child by allowing her to have lavish parties and gifts at such a young age. If you watched RHOOC, Lou lost all his money and left his family without a home to live in, after they lived in excess for many years. He died without life insurance or any provisions for his children. These kids went from living in a gated community, owning their own horses and never wanting for anything. They now live on their own with no help from their parents. What preparation did they have? What life lessons did their parents teach them?

+ Reply to Thread