+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1430Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3681865;
    If he's left them on welfare, he's not, by definition, taking care of them.
    What makes you think they are on welfare? I don't remember hearing that on the show. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3681972;
    I can't wait to see Kandi's reaction to Kim's CD! Kim was determined to smear Lisa in Kandi's eyes last night. I'm glad to see that Kandi likes to make her own decisions. Also got a kick out of Kandi ordering herself a Shirley Temply with orange juice, while Kim went for the wine. Smart woman.

Did NeNe remind anyone else of Aretha Franklin last night, appearancewise?

I get the impression so far that Kandi does not know what to think of these crazy women. But I am glad she is determined to make up her own mind and not base her opinion of them on what they say about each other

Anyone else notice how after Kim discovered that she and kandi were the same sign, she mentioned it like every 5 seconds. You are not destined to be friends with every single person you share an astrological sign with, kim

Even though I said I struggle to watch...
    I did last night and couldn't quite figure out what was different...thanks for pointing out Sheree was not on so much. Maybe?????
    I'm happy to know Kandi is making up her own mind about each of these women as well.
    Otherwise her head would be spinning just like mine does watching them sometimes.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

I like Kandi, and hopefully she will not marry that guy. That being said, I hated when Nene was hating on her singing. Regardless of what you think of her voice, she (sometimes collaborating with her former group members) has been responsible for many a hit song, some of which both Nene and Dwight have enjoyed I'm sure. Not to mention that Xscape themselves did very well in the r&b game back in the day. I don't know why they felt the need to get all salty about her musical skills. It was not a good look. I'm certain she would pass it off as good fun, but it was mean spirited. Why did she feel the need to not allow the woman to shine even though she's never done anything to her personally? It boggles the mind the way these women act sometimes.

As for Kandi and Kim....I guess Kandi has to hang with someone on this show to honor her contract. Who among them would YOU choose to be around? The outcast who you may get away with only having to deal with her, or the dysfunctional package deal that are those other three. She seems to be willing to decide for herself what she believes, which is awesome, but the others don't seem to be giving her much to work with. The way they were eager to break up her conversation at the party with Kim was uncalled for. They need to grow up.

They need to revamp this show. Deshawn and Kandi should have been on together, with only two of the other loony toons. Some balance would have been nice. Sure Deshawn was boring, but what normal grown woman woudn't be in the midst of this train wreck of a group?

I believe Kandi has an agenda. She did this show because she has a cd she wants to promote. Good for her. Hopefully she won't live to regret it. At least she's a woman on there who made her own money and doesn't seem eager to show how quickly she can spend it. That's the respect a smart person gains for the fruits of their labor, when it's actually their own labor that brings forth that fruit. I hope she just settles her personal life with this questionable guy and doesn't let her desires to settle down lead her into a poor situation. She is likely simply at a place in her life where she is ready to settle down, which can be dangerous if you don't recognize it for what it is, especially when you are a woman of means.

I didn't like the insults about Kandi's singing either. She can insult Kim's voice all she wants but I don't like her picking on Kandi. Notice that Dwight DIDN'T jump in on the insults. It made me like him more.

Since this is my first season with these ladies, I'm wondering if they've shown NeNe's husband? Is he in sports, also?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3682188;
    Since this is my first season with these ladies, I'm wondering if they've shown NeNe's husband? Is he in sports, also?

They have shown nene's husband.....not as much this year as last year, I don't think. He isn't in sports. I think Nene has described him as an "entreprenuer" but I don't know if his exact line of work has been mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3682188;
    He seems to be a a very nice man.

Thanks, Rockytop.
    It always makes you wonder, doesn't it, when their title is entrepreneur?
    I figured he was like Dina's husband on RHONJ and he just doesn't want to appear on the show. If that's the case with NeNe's husband, I certainly give him a lot of credit. I wouldn't want to appear with this trainwreck

ETA - TVA, Thanks. He has to be nice to put up with NeNe's drama.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-28-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: ETA - didn't see the posting from TV
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think his main thing is real estate.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread