+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1590Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

whatever, as long as he loves and cares for his kidds, i could give a hot damn how they were created. there are plenty of children that were created the "right" way that are unloved and abused. the concept of "family" is fluid, ever changing, and reflective of that community.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3677620;
    How about not creating kids in the first place - there's a plan.

i don't know whether it makes him a good dad. you also don't know that it makes him a bad dad. i do know that from what i've seen on the show, he seems to care abt riley and she cares abt him.

adulthood can be defined many ways and i choose to define it in terms of maturity rather than age or reproductive abilities. i got my period at 12 - i def wouldn't consider myself an adult at that point bc i could give birth.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3677625;
    It doesn't taint him for life.

He wasn't a kid. He was over 18. Also, if you have functioning gonads, you're biologically an adult.

And I said - I could accept all this with one kid. Not six by four women.

It's not tainting him for life. But does it make him a good dad for Riley?

And whomever else may come along.

i guess i should have kept reading, i just said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3677631;
    Just because you can make a baby does not make you an adult, nor does your chronological age.

now this is a point i can agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3677816;
    Aside from the six kids/four baby mama drama, Kandi and text boy have not been in a very long relationship. Didn't she say that they've only been together for under a year? Like six or eight months?

Another thing......years ago I worked with a woman who married a guy who was divorced and had two sons with wife #1. This co-worker was ticked that HER income got combined with his income to determine how much child support he had to pay to his ex-wife. If this is the case in GA, then Kandi's income would be added to text boy's income to pay out to those six kids.

I don't know what Kandi is thinking. I kind of have to side with her mother on this one. Don't marry this dude just yet. Wait at least a year, possibly two. Get to know him better. Get to know those six kids better. And get to know their mothers better too. They all come along with that "I Do!"

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3677620;
    How about not creating kids in the first place - there's a plan.
    Well, I'm one who's going to agree with you on that! I will assume that he loves his kids and doesn't beat them (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) but NOT beating or abusing your kids does not make you a good parent. I would bet that he comes from a similar background himself. This isn't just an issue about loving your kids. It's an epidemic of welfare women and children, generation after generation being supported by the taxpayer. Most of these kids go on to lives of crime and gang involvement! Sure there's always an exception but it isn't the norm. Just a few weeks ago, in South Central (LA) a young boy was shot in a drive by. He was one of eight children and was only 13 or 14. His mother was on the news crying, saying how could someone do this to a young boy etc... I felt bad for her and the boy. News comes out the next day that it happened at 1 o'clock AM! Now I question who, who, who allows their 13 year old out on the streets of South Central at 1 in the morning? I live in Orange County, in a nice neighbor hood and I NEVER EVER would have let my daughter walk home from anywhere at that time of the night. Oh, yeah, I'm sure that she "loved" her son. She just can't be responsible for him. I wonder if social services is going to check into this gem? My favorite thing was when she said that they needed to find the shooter because she "Needed Closure". This woman sounded like she never completed grade school and she knows about needing closure? Obviously something she learned off of the TV. If you can't keep tabs on where your 8 kids are AT ALL TIMES don't have 8 kids! Have one or two and take REALLY GOOD CARE of them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3678015;
    By the law being 18 does. Arbitrary sure but when you're 18 you're legally responsible for yourself. It's no secret by the way, everyone knows it.

It like shooting somebody; if you're old enough to do adult things you ought to be old enough to accept adult responsibilities.
    Show me a boy who is a mature adult at 18, and I'll show you a magic trick that is not a trick. Neither one exists. It's no secret by the way, everyone knows it. Women usually know that; just ask some. Women mature more rapidly than men. Having married one, having raised one, having worked around a bunch of them....they never fail to prove that fact.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FoRTer

Yep, accepting adult responsibilities = growing into a "mature adult". I guess it can be as long a trip as you make it... some of us willingly hit the ground running, and others are dragged down that path kicking and screaming.
    In the interest of saying something nice about Kandi's fiance', he's looking good compared to this guy that made the news in my state earlier this summer - age 29 with 21 kids by 11 different women.

From what I understand, in some circles, it is a goal for a man to spread as much of his seed around to as many different places as he can. It earns him the respect of his male peers and the admiration of women. ridiculous, but true

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's a biological fact....animals...humans....ju st different places on the "critter chair".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3678129;
    Yep, accepting adult responsibilities = growing into a "mature adult". I guess it can be as long a trip as you make it... some of us willingly hit the ground running, and others are dragged down that path kicking and screaming.
    In the interest of saying something nice about Kandi's fiance', he's looking good compared to this guy that made the news in my state earlier this summer - age 29 with 21 kids by 11 different women.
    WOW, now THAT guy is REALLY something. It still doesn't change my opinion of the fiance. I tend to look at the bigger picture. I just think that OVER population is a HUGE PROBLEM in general. I'm not even thrilled with the Duggers although I will say that they DO watch and really care about their children. They also try to instill morals into them. The human population are like lab rats. You put too many of them, in a cage and they start killing each other (this has always happened but it just tells you something about human nature). Sure, people have the right to reproduce but we also have to look forward and try to see what is good for the planet too. Quality not quantity might be a better attitude to take. Gone are the days that people HAD to reproduce to keep the species going. We're already here AND killing the planet. It's not just for ourselves but for every other living thing on it (except cockroaches). Unfortunately it seems to be the idiots of the world who are knocking out babies like bunnies!

+ Reply to Thread