+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree987Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3677082;
    I agree, and I didn't mean to offend, that after a divorce a non-custodial dad can be a real influence for good in his childrens' lives.

This person, however, got things in the wrong order. I don't see any evidence that he was married to any of the baby mommas. Again, having one instance of unprotected sex is bad judgement. Making a lifestyle of making babies is irresponsible in the extreme and in my view does not make one a good choice to spend one's life with.

What does this person do to support his children? Do we know he pays child support or are the fine taxpayers of Georgia doing it for him? Is he with Kandi because she's got money? All anyone has said is that Kandi's mum never spoke to this person directly. Why bother? His actions speak for themselves.

Frankly after the first pregnancy he should have married the woman and joined the service. That way he could be matured and his wife and child would get housing and medical coverage.

Again, I didn't mean to offend, but this person's is not a case of a marriage, entered into with all the intentions of permanency, which sadly falls apart and a daddy being close to his children. This is a 'man' who acts more like a boy, creating life after life after life and not staying to raise even one of them. It's about somebody (and the partners who can't have a scrap of self-respect, intelligence, survival instinct or good sense) who feels he doesn't need to protect his partner from whatever disease his dalliances may have given him.

I don't think that kind of person is a good match for anyone. Yes, I'm terribly judgemental but I perfectly understand where Kandi's mum is coming from and I in her position would not be able to countenance a union which shows such promise of creating nothing but misery and unhappiness in my daughter. If they have to get married, let them do it quietly in a JP's office. This person does not make the kind of committments that should be celebrated in a church.

I'm not judging him on one mistake.

But on another.

And another.

And another.

See the pattern? A man takes responsibility. Not this person.
    I agree wholeheartedly with what you just wrote. Very well said. I have 3 daughters and I have to say, I would not want this type of man with them. I understand exactly where Kandi's mom is coming from. I have a feeling if they do get married that Kandi's eyes will be open to the reasons why her mother had such a problem with him in the first place.

FORT Fogey

Six children. Six. I ask you. She may also be clued in to why none of the other babymommas wanted to marry him.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3677227;
    Six children. Six. I ask you. She may also be clued in to why none of the other babymommas wanted to marry him.
    Yikes! He was never married to any of the other babymoms? I repeat..... Yikes! I already didn't like him,BUT NOW!

lol, so what abt all the shotgun marriages that are chock full of abuse? i'd much rather he be a dummy that stayed unmarried and didn't use protaction than a dummy that got married just bc the chick got knocked up and is now beating the wife and kids all the time bc he hates his life.

lol, would it be better to you if he married and divorced all 4 of the parents?

as it stands on the show, we don't know much abt his relationship with his kids. i know kandi has said he is there for them. since that's all we know, he gets the benefit of the doubt in my book.

she said he had all these kids when he was 19/20 years old. seeing as how he seems to have stopped having kids willy nilly, i am going to assume he has matured and is now making more sensible decisions. i, for one, hope that no one is still judging me based on the myriad of flat out dumb ass decisions i made at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3677082;
    I agree, and I didn't mean to offend, that after a divorce a non-custodial dad can be a real influence for good in his childrens' lives.

This person, however, got things in the wrong order. I don't see any evidence that he was married to any of the baby mommas. Again, having one instance of unprotected sex is bad judgement. Making a lifestyle of making babies is irresponsible in the extreme and in my view does not make one a good choice to spend one's life with.

What does this person do to support his children? Do we know he pays child support or are the fine taxpayers of Georgia doing it for him? Is he with Kandi because she's got money? All anyone has said is that Kandi's mum never spoke to this person directly. Why bother? His actions speak for themselves.

Frankly after the first pregnancy he should have married the woman and joined the service. That way he could be matured and his wife and child would get housing and medical coverage.

Again, I didn't mean to offend, but this person's is not a case of a marriage, entered into with all the intentions of permanency, which sadly falls apart and a daddy being close to his children. This is a 'man' who acts more like a boy, creating life after life after life and not staying to raise even one of them. It's about somebody (and the partners who can't have a scrap of self-respect, intelligence, survival instinct or good sense) who feels he doesn't need to protect his partner from whatever disease his dalliances may have given him.

I don't think that kind of person is a good match for anyone. Yes, I'm terribly judgemental but I perfectly understand where Kandi's mum is coming from and I in her position would not be able to countenance a union which shows such promise of creating nothing but misery and unhappiness in my daughter. If they have to get married, let them do it quietly in a JP's office. This person does not make the kind of committments that should be celebrated in a church.

I'm not judging him on one mistake.

But on another.

And another.

And another.

See the pattern? A man takes responsibility. Not this person.

i just don't get it. so what if he has six kids????? why does that mae him a horrible person?????

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3677199;
    I agree wholeheartedly with what you just wrote. Very well said. I have 3 daughters and I have to say, I would not want this type of man with them. I understand exactly where Kandi's mom is coming from. I have a feeling if they do get married that Kandi's eyes will be open to the reasons why her mother had such a problem with him in the first place.

No, Just a kid that didn't pay attention in health class.

i think KID is the key word here. he made some bad choices as a KID . . . shouldn't taint him for life, esp if he is being a father to those kids.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3677307;
    No, Just a kid that didn't pay attention in health class.

I don't know what the circumstances are behind the babies' births. Sometimes men don't use protection thinking that women do. Also, a lot of births result from 1 night get togethers. We don't know what the case is.
    Having 6 babies, one at a time, doesn't make him seem like the smartest tool in the shed, but we don't have all the facts, either.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3677352;
    I don't know what the circumstances are behind the babies' births. Sometimes men don't use protection thinking that women do. Also, a lot of births result from 1 night get togethers. We don't know what the case is.
    Having 6 babies, one at a time, doesn't make him seem like the smartest tool in the shed, but we don't have all the facts, either.
    The thing is that MOST kids don't make as many bad choices (in the making babies department). Once? Twice? Six? After two he should have learned to ask if they were on the pill. He may be the best person on the planet! Takes care of the kids, feeds the homeless and builds houses for habitat. I don't know (doubt it though). If my daughter came home with a boyfriend that had 6 kids from 4 different women and was never married I would be just as angry as Kandi's mom. Most people wouldn't consider that great son-in-law material either. If a person is that irresponsible in one part of their lives it usually spills into the other parts too. He just sounds like too much of a gamble. Kandi has done well for herself and needs to make sure that she doesn't end up picking up the tab for his past behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3676998;
    You know, baldness in women, when it's a sign of having beating medical condition or its treatment really isn't something to hide, IMHO.
    Anglo, I do agree with you that it's (should be) nothing to hide.........but..... A close friend of mine is usually bald- not all the time - due to stress she thinks. In our society, however, she has found it difficult to deal with. People in general are very cruel, and you wouldn't believe the mean comments she gets from random people in the mall, coming into her place of business... it's horrifying and it is a problem.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread