+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1384Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;3675477;
    [/B]

I was thinking the same thing. There is something eerie about him, like he might not even be human. He is creepy to me too and it has nothing to do with his sexual orientation.,
    I think it might be that Dwight is a little startling to look at, as his appearance is a bit mannequin-like. I haven't really liked him from what I've seen on the show, but I have to say, when I saw him a couple of weeks ago with Andy Cohen on "Watch What Happens Live," I had a change of heart. He was a lot more humble, and nice. What struck me the most, though, was he spoke out several times against the near violent-like behavior that has occured on the show. For example, Sheree's actions towards Kim at the restaurant, Sheree's fight with the Event Planner, etc (I'm not picking on Sheree - those are the only specific examples I can remember). He also refused to answer questions that would require him to be snarky towards one of the women. He spoke out about wanting to be kind to everyone, not wanting to "hate," etc. I really believe he was being genuine. I now think that a lot of his behavior on the show has been to "camp it up." On Andy's show, he came across as a really decent, nice guy. BTW, Andy asked him how much plastic surgery he has had, and he answered that he's only had his nose done - twice - and that "other" surgery to...well...that's already been mentioned! He said something like "who knows what else he may have done when he's older."

FORT Newbie

Extra footage episode ~ can you imagine being in that restaurant with 1) the level of screaming and 2) where every 8th word is f*ck. I am discusted. And all of these women pretend to have "class". Ugh !

What is up with Lindsay Lohan's dad being there? Was he invited there by Bravo or is he sleeping with Kim, too? I also couldn't imagine all that screaming in the restaraunt--they should have gone in one of their homes to do it. I also find it very trashy of these women that they cannot have a conversation without screaming over each other. The extended version was too much--all that screaming, for a really stupid reason, in my opinion. I felt like popping a Valium after watching that. While I do think Kim is a liar (about having cancer, for one thing), I think she was being truthful in this situation. I think Sheree is manipulating the whole drama between her and Nene. I also think that Lisa is someone that can't be trusted--she is a troublemaker, but more sneaky about it. I also think Kim looks so much better without makeup--all of that ages her and makes her look worse. She actually is pretty decent looking without all the makeup and plastic surgery. I agree with the others above that say Dwight is creepy.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 08-23-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3675526;
    I think it might be that Dwight is a little startling to look at, as his appearance is a bit mannequin-like. I haven't really liked him from what I've seen on the show, but I have to say, when I saw him a couple of weeks ago with Andy Cohen on "Watch What Happens Live," I had a change of heart. He was a lot more humble, and nice. What struck me the most, though, was he spoke out several times against the near violent-like behavior that has occured on the show. For example, Sheree's actions towards Kim at the restaurant, Sheree's fight with the Event Planner, etc (I'm not picking on Sheree - those are the only specific examples I can remember). He also refused to answer questions that would require him to be snarky towards one of the women. He spoke out about wanting to be kind to everyone, not wanting to "hate," etc. I really believe he was being genuine. I now think that a lot of his behavior on the show has been to "camp it up." On Andy's show, he came across as a really decent, nice guy. BTW, Andy asked him how much plastic surgery he has had, and he answered that he's only had his nose done - twice - and that "other" surgery to...well...that's already been mentioned! He said something like "who knows what else he may have done when he's older."
    Yeah, I also had a change of heart with my opinion of him. On the last show , when Nene was picking on Kandi, Dwight said that she seemed like a nice young lady (or something like that) but that she needed to get rid of the fiance. He wasn't being nasty like Nene was. He also seemed less over the top at has salon. Odd looking but came across as caring and very nice.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3673012;
    I LOVED the first season of RHOC! I was so hooked on that show and I can't remember anyone having hugh fights. We saw Jo and Slade argue and make up. There were little arguments with the moms and kids but NOTHING AT ALL like what's happening on this show AND New Jersey. It seems like every week BRAVO is touting the next episode as the one "With the biggest fight in housewife history". I think that I liked the kinder,gentler shows. With OC it was like being a fly on the wall with people who had nicer houses than me.
    I get exactly what you're saying - OC was like all sunny and nice.

Even Kelly and Bethenny's two tiffs seem like an unpleasantness over the tea cups compared to table flipping.

Which now, compared to physical assult and umpteen really horrible insults just seems theatrical and funny.

This bunch are just depressing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3673020;
    I have to disagree with you. Last night's episode showed Kim taking off her makeup, and I thought she looked great. I was surprised at how good she looked completely bare-faced. I do think she looks older than 31, but all in all, I think she's naturally pretty.

Yes! She should stop wearing all that paint. Probably gradually at first, but she's got good bone structure and skin without it. Maybe a bit of eye liner and shadow but other than that she doesn't need anything. Some women would scratch her eyes out to look that good without goop.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3673257;
    One of the women said (I think it was NeNe) that their get-together was successful... I didn't see how. Kim was with the kids, she didn't talk to anyone, nor did anyone make an effort to discuss what was happening. To begin with, I think these get-togethers are pointless. If you don't along, OK, keep it moving. But I guess these are the types of things you "plan" when you have too much time on your hands.

I said at the end of last season that Lisa is a snake, and last episode yet again confirmed that. "Let's go over there and see what they're doing!" This coming from a 38 year old woman... I cannot imagine anyone from my mom's circle of friends saying that. With all these rumors going around that supposedly Kim started, I think quite the opposite. Lisa and Sheree like to plot and I don't trust anything these two women say.

The get-together was successful in that nobody assaulted anyone else, the police weren't called and precious Egyptian artifacts were not caught up in a housewives' melee.

I agree 100% about Kim. She and Sheree love to play "let's you and her fight" and both tried to turn the get together into a get-to-get-her. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3675120;

And they don't call it HotLanta for nothing. It's steamy hot down there in the summer. Pathetic that she's willing to be ungodly miserable for that look, which really is a little too horsey IMHO. Unless she is bald, in which case, geez, that is a problem. But....Big face, big hair, big body, cheesy clothing; all too out there.
    You know, baldness in women, when it's a sign of having beating medical condition or its treatment really isn't something to hide, IMHO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3672638;
    That's a little offensive....

There are a lot of kids who's father's don't have other kids but they don't see them every night, due to divorce or whatever. It doesn't mean they aren't a part of their kids life and that they don't support them. It doesn't mean that they don't go to every single basketball game/ dance recital/ school meeting.

There are a lot of parents who live in the same house as their kids who can't say that they do those things. It's much more important to be there emotionally than physically.
    I agree, and I didn't mean to offend, that after a divorce a non-custodial dad can be a real influence for good in his childrens' lives.

This person, however, got things in the wrong order. I don't see any evidence that he was married to any of the baby mommas. Again, having one instance of unprotected sex is bad judgement. Making a lifestyle of making babies is irresponsible in the extreme and in my view does not make one a good choice to spend one's life with.

What does this person do to support his children? Do we know he pays child support or are the fine taxpayers of Georgia doing it for him? Is he with Kandi because she's got money? All anyone has said is that Kandi's mum never spoke to this person directly. Why bother? His actions speak for themselves.

Frankly after the first pregnancy he should have married the woman and joined the service. That way he could be matured and his wife and child would get housing and medical coverage.

Again, I didn't mean to offend, but this person's is not a case of a marriage, entered into with all the intentions of permanency, which sadly falls apart and a daddy being close to his children. This is a 'man' who acts more like a boy, creating life after life after life and not staying to raise even one of them. It's about somebody (and the partners who can't have a scrap of self-respect, intelligence, survival instinct or good sense) who feels he doesn't need to protect his partner from whatever disease his dalliances may have given him.

I don't think that kind of person is a good match for anyone. Yes, I'm terribly judgemental but I perfectly understand where Kandi's mum is coming from and I in her position would not be able to countenance a union which shows such promise of creating nothing but misery and unhappiness in my daughter. If they have to get married, let them do it quietly in a JP's office. This person does not make the kind of committments that should be celebrated in a church.

I'm not judging him on one mistake.

But on another.

And another.

And another.

See the pattern? A man takes responsibility. Not this person.

[QUOTE=AngloAm;3676964;]The get-together was successful in that nobody assaulted anyone else, the police weren't called and precious Egyptian artifacts were not caught up in a housewives' melee.

Toooooooo funny! I was holding my breath and hoping that nothing would get damaged. Clearly they were a group that had no concept of the value or importance of that exhibit!

+ Reply to Thread