+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1590Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

NeNe (loudly): Lindsey Lohan's daddy!! wait!

that was just bizzare

FORT Fanatic

I tried, I really did, but I can't take this season. Too much he said, she said, too much fighting, screaming, just too over the top for me. NoNo and Sheree have worked my last nerve. And with all that, it's boring! I'll read the comments, but I can't take this train wreck anymore.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I LOVED the first season of RHOC! I was so hooked on that show and I can't remember anyone having hugh fights. We saw Jo and Slade argue and make up. There were little arguments with the moms and kids but NOTHING AT ALL like what's happening on this show AND New Jersey. It seems like every week BRAVO is touting the next episode as the one "With the biggest fight in housewife history". I think that I liked the kinder,gentler shows. With OC it was like being a fly on the wall with people who had nicer houses than me.
    Last edited by tvaholic; 08-21-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3671400;
    I doesn't help if you're not that good looking to begin with. She wasn't a great beauty when she was younger. Not ugly, just average. She's got one of those "horse faces", long and big. She's also a big girl all around. Sure, sometimes it works when a woman adds a bunch of makeup, false eyelashes and extra hair. It's fine if you're going out but Kim seems wear this look all of the time. Makes you feel like she's hiding something. Possibly and old, ugly head!
    I have to disagree with you. Last night's episode showed Kim taking off her makeup, and I thought she looked great. I was surprised at how good she looked completely bare-faced. I do think she looks older than 31, but all in all, I think she's naturally pretty.

On the 'Watch What Happens Live ' show with Andy Cohen, a caller told Kim that she saw the pics of her in the Bahamas, and that Kim "shouldn't wear her long hair wig with a bikini (!)." Kim replied that there are beach pics out there of her without her wig. I wonder what her "real" hair looks like? I was under the impression that she wore the wigs b/c she had either lost her hair or was losing it to Alopecia, etc. I guess she just doesn't like her natural hair? I can't imagine wearing a wig if there isn't a "real" reason to.

p.s. Love Andy Cohen! And loved watching Jeff Lewis on the "Live" show!

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3672987;
    I tried, I really did, but I can't take this season. Too much he said, she said, too much fighting, screaming, just too over the top for me. NoNo and Sheree have worked my last nerve. And with all that, it's boring! I'll read the comments, but I can't take this train wreck anymore.
    Could not possibly agree more. Cat fighting should be left to the

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3673020;
    I have to disagree with you. Last night's episode showed Kim taking off her makeup, and I thought she looked great. I was surprised at how good she looked completely bare-faced. I do think she looks older than 31, but all in all, I think she's naturally pretty.

On the 'Watch What Happens Live ' show with Andy Cohen, a caller told Kim that she saw the pics of her in the Bahamas, and that Kim "shouldn't wear her long hair wig with a bikini (!)." Kim replied that there are beach pics out there of her without her wig. I wonder what her "real" hair looks like? I was under the impression that she wore the wigs b/c she had either lost her hair or was losing it to Alopecia, etc. I guess she just doesn't like her natural hair? I can't imagine wearing a wig if there isn't a "real" reason to.

p.s. Love Andy Cohen! And loved watching Jeff Lewis on the "Live" show!
    Well, I still don't think that she's a natural beauty. Michelle Pheiffer, Anjelina Jolie, Natalie Portman, I consider them natural beauties but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I was looking at Kim trying to figure out what's wrong with her makeup. I think that her eyebrows are too dark for her hair along with her black false eyelashes and eyeliner. She should consider softening the look a little. Now she's "blown up" her lips and it doesn't look good.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3673038;
    Well, I still don't think that she's a natural beauty. Michelle Pheiffer, Anjelina Jolie, Natalie Portman, I consider them natural beauties but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I was looking at Kim trying to figure out what's wrong with her makeup. I think that her eyebrows are too dark for her hair along with her black false eyelashes and eyeliner. She should consider softening the look a little. Now she's "blown up" her lips and it doesn't look good.
    I don't think Kim is as beautiful as the women you've mentioned (they are all gorgeous), but I do think she's naturally pretty without all of the makeup. On last night's show, as she was washing her face, I think I remember hearing her say how much she loved having all of her makeup off. It's sad that she apparently thinks she needs all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3672854;
    MamaC- ITA, Atlanta is not my favorite.....
    Yelling the loudest doesn't make you right, just makes you the loudest. The other RH's argue and whatnot but not to this extent. They generally keep it to one topic not jump from one thing to another keep the argument going. K & B. being the exception
    I also agree that being in the same house doesn't make you great parents. It is the old cliche of quality over quantity.(ideally the kids get both from you)
    Michael Lohan----certainly a fine example of a great Dad(j/k) What brings him to this show now???? And I am not a big Ed Hardy fan either.
    Sorry but I disagree. You got the mafia mamas yelling, cussing and flipping tables in front of their familes on New Jersey version. And the kids are all laughing and thinking it cool, which it's not. You got the overly tanned set of luggage women calling each others all kinds of names and purposely getting them drunk so they can look stupid version in OC and the over drinking over spending jealous women who put their comments in the society page of the newspaper women in New York. So the Atlanta version fits right in with the rest of them. They are all the same to me, just different names and different location. But I love it

I don't really find that Kim is attractive, but I did think she looked a lot better without all the makeup. When all you notice on a woman's face is her makeup, then it's obvious that it's overdone.
    I watched the Lost footage last night. Yikes, it seemed like the brawl went on for an eternity. These shows are almost becoming parodies of themselves, aren't they?
    I still don't trust Lisa at all, as I think she stirs the pot more than anyone. I find her really fake.
    I really like Kandi. She seems like the most normal of the bunch, so I sure hope she doesn't succumb to the diva factor like the others.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I think that the "instigator" title goes with intelligence level on this show, unfortunately.

I think that Kim and NeNe, while they talk sh*t about everyone and everything, and Kim may be a liar, they don't have the.... power?..... to really plan this stuff, pit people against each other and get away with it. And, I also think that Lisa and Sheree are very intelligent, calculating women, and they are definitely smart enough to see in their best interests and get the drama going without appearing to have started it.

+ Reply to Thread