Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;2922890;
    Even though I liked the OC women better I'm going to miss this snark-o-rama. My final thoughts on these women: Ramona was just plain rude and crazy. Save Avery! LuAnn, I thought was a snob and she needs to spend more time with No-el who seemed to act like he was hurt his mother was always running off somewhere. Jill and Bethenny both reminded me of the old Saturday Night Live skit that Michael Myer used to do-Linda Richmond Cawffey Tawk. I liked Bethenny, she was funny and said what probably most people watching the show were thinking. Simon/Alex, need to stop spending money on themselves and fix their house and take a parenting class. Wonder if there will be a season 2 of this show?
    IMO LuAnn can sense Noel is a bit clingy and a momma's boy, and she's trying to establish some important boundries.
    Didn't they all spend the entire summer together in the Hamptons?
    Really a boy his age shouldn't be crying after his momma to spend every minute with him. He appeared to be a bit too whiny for his age.
    I think LuAnn said she goes out once or twice a week, and since she doesn't hold an 8 to 10 hour a day job like most moms she is probably with the kids a lot.
    Last edited by taffina; 04-16-2008 at 11:40 AM.

LuAnn to African American homeless woman after she put on her interview pantsuit: "You've got that Condoleezza Rice thing going on"

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;2922803;
    Now that this show is over, I'll tell you what I think would be a very entertaining show: a show constructed the same way the Jill/Bethenny real estate scene was presented. That was hilarious! Jill speeding her way through the apartment, articulating each situation/concern/resolution, with Bethenny's commentary (in Jill's voice) preceding it. There's been some talk on this forum about this show being loosely scripted, but honestly, you could.not script that.
    And if that show doesn't work out, Bethenny is, IMO, at least as funny as Kathy Griffin and should have her own comedy career.
    That was me, and yes you can. It's called editing.
    Susan

FORT Fogey

I think that the show is "losely scripted" in that the producers make suggestions and bring people together for the sake of creating something for them to show. They took 5 women who didn't know each other, and by the end, had them all being friends. I don't think the show was scripted in terms of doing things like saying "Bethenny and Jill, go to dinner, Jill point out all the material belongings that Bethenny has, Bethenny, react this way" etc. But I do think there were many random things done on the show that would not have happened that way without the show, which were "scripted" per se. For example -- there was no reason for Bethenny to be invited to Alex and Simon's kids birthday party. THey weren't close enough friends. But the producers wanted interaction between the women, wanted one of hte other women to see Alex's mess of a home, so they probably suggested to Alex that she invite one of the women to the party.

They obviously put together the dinner at 21, since they end every Real Housewives that way. The children probably would not naturally sit together and discuss their moms. The producers probably suggested that, but it was up to the kids to say what they wanted. They probably arranged for a makeup artist for Ramona to see how the other women would react to her being so late. They didn't script the reactions -- but they scripted many of hte situations to create drama in the reactions.

FORT Fan

whoever said that jill worked hard to get where she is, heaping praise on her, also i think she said she had a realestate license, not a brokers license, anyone with a thousand dollars and 6 weeks of free time can get a realestate license...seems like to me she just married a man who already had a great business...i think i see a gold digger here....and how does bethenney make a living, it doesnt seem to me that the cookie business would provide that much income...and luannes comment about conde rice, humm, i thought she had a woopie goldberg thing going on...only a complete idiot would say that on tv..i hope it comes out that this whole show was a sitcom, otherwise there are 5 really unlikeable women running around in nyc "high" society, pretending to be socialites...alex and simon and family just have to be actors, they could not possibly be real....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm willing to bet you that Francois sleeps in a coffin with a layer of dirt from his "homeland" at night. That child is absolutely translucent. His little brother is not far behind him, either. Their parents need to learn the word 'discipline'.....but, mention the word, and I bet they'd respond, "Di.....what...?" "Horseface" had to carry Francois to and from the appointment because not doing so would have required the introduction of discipline into his life....and we can see that that is not the case.

Had that brat attacked my dinner, and the parents did nothing, then I would have. Anger/hurt feelings be damned. I would have had hold of his little see through arm, and been nose to nose with him in very quiet conversation.

Their parents need to be slapped....it's not the kids' fault.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

one more thing, the 21 club was made out to be a 5 star place, whos get a hamburger, im pretty sure it wasnt kobe beef, was mcdonalds closed or were alex and simon picking up the check, it looked like a dive on tv...

I was wondering if any of you go on other forums and if these "ladies" are getting the same reactions that they get here? I tried the BRAVO one before (with another show)but it was a little too tame for my tastes. I like this one much more.

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killah Bee;2923128;
    I have a degree in child psychology and taught at an exclusive private school for many years and I can assure you that kid is NOT a genius. He seems developmentally normal but not very well-socialized. Even if a party is for families, parents should have enough sense to know kids that age can't usually sit still and be quiet for very long. At the very least, they should have brought a coloring book, puzzle or even a Gameboy to keep him entertained once he'd eaten. If he couldn't behave, they should have called the au pair or just taken him home. The other kids, however, seemed extremely well-mannered and polite at dinner, which is awesome.

LuAnn continued to impress with her charity work; you can tell she's very involved and that's cool. Jill's awesome; I can't even fault her for the materialistic comments because frankly, if you're wearing something designer and expensive, you WANT people to notice it. I'll say it again: Bethenny needs to lay off the sauce. She had a drink in her hand in almost every scene and I'm willing to bet that nasty comment to Jill was the result of too much booze (and P.S., If one of my "friends" talked to me that way, they wouldn't see me for two days afterwards. On the third day, they might be able to see me a little bit, out of the corner of their right eye). The only thing I can say about Jill is that she ought to be more assertive and not let her friends get away with that sh**. Also, the boyfriend seemed disinterested and wtf, why wasn't HE checking out living quarters with Bethenny if he's that interested? Ramona is just gross and the dress she was wearing at the party did her no favors. Her husband is a babe, though.

Sorry to say I totally disagree when one is TRULY involved in a charity and has - as they portrayed her for the video OP- a direct involvement with it - A person doing that work KNOWS the Director of OPERATIONS of the Charity particularly if he holds that post for 6 years!!!

That is no what I saw - the old man founder of the Charity -" friend of LuAnn" most likely friend of the cOunt introduced the Director of Operations to LUAnn the newbie volunteer OK

So while credit is due to her husband for all the good his awesomely profitable affairs do around the world LuAnn is not exactly doing the same unless cameras are around

FORT Fan

i noticed that also, i thought she would have known the staff, if she was a regular....luanne is a poser...

Closed Thread