Closed Thread
Page 97 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I'm totally convinced this show is really a spoof of OC but here are my comments now that the season is complete:

Ramona: Rude (Can't handle most social situations with any grace at all)

LuAnne: Desperately needs stylist (she's not vain though, nice quality)

Jill: Way too pushy, (means well but rein it in please)

Bethany: Too blunt (turn on mouth filter)

Jason: Please stop looking stunned and say something

Alex: You need to tell the boys: "No"

Simon: Always acting, we don't see the real you. (What we do see no one likes)

Over all, nothing happened in this show, and each episode was balanced in an obvious way: We go to Bobby's Business, We go to Mario's.....Jill gets dissed, Ramona gets dissed, then Jill gets dissed.....

By the way, Bethany's father's friend wants a piece of her ass. If she can't see that she is blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2922647;
    Because it was a production arranged "wrap" party, and the producers wanted all the family members there?
    And the producers encouraged the "little angel" to go and scream at the lady in the pink dress. The whole incident was so staged to ire Ramona and get that great facial expression on her. Someone wrote earlier that this is all loosely scripted and someone else mentioned satire. How true. All these little interviews could be redone, edited, or not used. Yet they must've had a great laugh hearing Ramona say "chronical". Someone could have corrected her and the interview redone with the correct word.
    Ramona has been played by Bravo and played well. I hope she got what she wanted out of the whole thing.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by livjack;2922686;

Also: I need to know the same thing asked in an earlier post: Any resolution on whether that brat is a "genius?" I think I missed the end of that scene.
    If he were a genius, don't you think Alex would have let the whole word know by now?? She would not have been able to fit herself into that dinner party and the whole conversation would have been all about how the genius is going to save the world singlehandedly.

I wasn't surprised at the child's behavior at the dinner party. After all, he had grabbed that candy in the doctor's office without any comment from Alex. In my experience, that candy is placed that for a reason.
    And Alex's reaction was strange. She didn't correct him, tell him that he should ask permission before he takes something, nothing.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Now that this show is over, I'll tell you what I think would be a very entertaining show: a show constructed the same way the Jill/Bethenny real estate scene was presented. That was hilarious! Jill speeding her way through the apartment, articulating each situation/concern/resolution, with Bethenny's commentary (in Jill's voice) preceding it. There's been some talk on this forum about this show being loosely scripted, but honestly, you could.not script that.

And if that show doesn't work out, Bethenny is, IMO, at least as funny as Kathy Griffin and should have her own comedy career.

I agree, Bethenny is so funny. I didn't care for her at first because she spoke so fast with that harsh accent but her commentary is too funny. She hits everything right on. She says everything, I am thinking! She really grew on me.

Did anyone not scream when Bethenny, LuAnn and Jill asked Simon why he crashed the all girls dinner party and he said he didn't know it was just for girls? Bethenny called him on his lie and said no I told Alex it was an all girls dinner and then Alex did her gender equality routine. I was surprised that LuAnn really gave it to Simon for crashing the party. At the dinner party she was the peacemaker but when she had the chance to talk to Simon alone she really told him he was wrong. Loved that! And I also gained new respect for her helping the homeless woman get back on her feet and to regain custody of her children. When she came in the room LuAnn said "Hi, I'm LuAnn" No. Mrs. DeLessup, no Countess LouAnn. She was great in tonight's show.

I love Jill but she does focus on material things a bit too much. She certainly has worked for everything she has, she even has a real estate broker's license. She was very funny walking through the construction. The first half of this episode Jill was in orange in every scene.

I agree with everything that has been said about the little burger killer. I kept looking for Alex or Simon to be up following him and correcting him. Never saw them move from their spots at the table. Were they worried that they would lose their seats like musical chairs?

What did Ramona's daughter say about Ramona's pink dress? That she looked like Barbie?

Even though I liked the OC women better I'm going to miss this snark-o-rama. My final thoughts on these women: Ramona was just plain rude and crazy. Save Avery! LuAnn, I thought was a snob and she needs to spend more time with No-el who seemed to act like he was hurt his mother was always running off somewhere. Jill and Bethenny both reminded me of the old Saturday Night Live skit that Michael Myer used to do-Linda Richmond Cawffey Tawk. I liked Bethenny, she was funny and said what probably most people watching the show were thinking. Simon/Alex, need to stop spending money on themselves and fix their house and take a parenting class. Wonder if there will be a season 2 of this show?

Quote Originally Posted by livjack;2922686;
    These posts have been more fun than the show itself!

I'll tell you, that kid and that burger...uggghhhhhh! No excuse for that. Parents just standing by doing nothing!. Maybe Frahnswuaa was telling his parents he needs some of that red meat because he's anemic. Maybe he was using an ancient tribal sign language (that he's picked up along the way in all the international travel) instead of Latin.

Also: I need to know the same thing asked in an earlier post: Any resolution on whether that brat is a "genius?" I think I missed the end of that scene.
    Alex addresses it in her blog this week -- my interpretation, he's no genius...

BRAVOtv.com : Season 1 : Blogs : alexs blog
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 04-16-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: edited to add link - forgot that part :)

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2922192;
    To hell with the starving children of the world, he needs a good hiding with a nice wide leather belt. What an obnoxious little twirp. It said in the credits that he was beginning school next fall in a prestigious school. Anybody buy that story?
    IN A PRESTIGIOUS PUBLIC SCHOOL IN BROOKLYN!!!!!!!!!!

OMG his parents must be so mortified .... they wanted private ---

ANyway - public schools in NYC are zoned - if a public school is within the zone where they live the kids will go there regardless of his knowledge of latin and French LOL

Jilll: "You just never know which Ramona you're going to get, Ramona or Rameana."

Closed Thread