Closed Thread
Page 9 of 440 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I think their lives are pathetically exhausting. All of them trying desperately to be someone they're not or trying to prove to others that they can be something they're not. Is it the editing that makes them appear to have no social redeeming value? Or is it: 'It is what it is'? I think, more than anything, I feel sorry for them.

FORT Fogey

Alex and her husband are social climber wanna-be's. She is proof that being thin does NOT make you upper class. He so wants to be Slade Slimey with his "black" Amex.
    And teaching the kids to speak french? Unless they plan on joining the french foreign legion...... Mandarin or spanish would be a much wiser choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialitewatch;2852391;
    I hate alex the most...They are all social climbers, but alex is the bottom of the barrel social climber. True socialites set trends, they dont follow them, and she tries so hard to make sure she has all the right clothing so she can fit in.

My fav is Jill, I love her and the Countess, there is something about her that is so sassy and amazing.
    I'm starting to really like them too, especially Jill.

Now I understand why Ramona wants the exposure. She wants her daughter in the entertainment industry. She even put her daughter's picture on her jewelry website modeling necklaces.

Does Ramona look a little bug eyed to anyone else? I'm wondering if she is wearing tinted contacts or something because she looks a little strange. I read on a blog that she admits to do botox. Could that cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2852443;
    I'm starting to really like them too, especially Jill.

Now I understand why Ramona wants the exposure. She wants her daughter in the entertainment industry. She even put her daughter's picture on her jewelry website modeling necklaces.

Does Ramona look a little bug eyed to anyone else? I'm wondering if she is wearing tinted contacts or something because she looks a little strange. I read on a blog that she admits to do botox. Could that cause this?
    I dont know about looking bug eyed but doesnt she remind you of Kathie Lee Gifford?

FORT Newbie

Ok Mz. Snarky here.......but I guess I'm the only person who feels Alex's hubby is, how shall I put it, gay? Don't get all upset over this as I'm very 'gay friendly', being a fag hag and all. He reminds me of ever annoying Star Jones' soon to be ex-hubby, BGA (big gay Al). Truthfully I don't know ANY straight men who LOVE to shop, especially for women's clothing.
    Buellar, Buellar................anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2852513;
    I dont know about looking bug eyed but doesnt she remind you of Kathie Lee Gifford?
    That's it!!! Thank you, that has been bugging me so much - something about her was familiar in the eye area, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

FORT Fogey

I love all the housewives - regardless of what coast they are on. But, I think I may like the NYC ones a tad more just because they seem to be more active and exuberant about life than the westies. I suppose you don't live in NYC otherwise, so it should be expected.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Always Right;2852621;
    Ok Mz. Snarky here.......but I guess I'm the only person who feels Alex's hubby is, how shall I put it, gay? Don't get all upset over this as I'm very 'gay friendly', being a fag hag and all. He reminds me of ever annoying Star Jones' soon to be ex-hubby, BGA (big gay Al). Truthfully I don't know ANY straight men who LOVE to shop, especially for women's clothing.
    Buellar, Buellar................anyone?
    And the lunch lady (cook) nailed it with her comment when Alex received his tm re which boots!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2852894;
    And the lunch lady (cook) nailed it with her comment when Alex received his tm re which boots!

Did you see the shot of him standing outside near the lampost waiting for Alex and Betheny? I really had to laugh at that pose. I don't know if someone told him to do that to look like a model in a magazine or what but it was hysterical if only for a split second. Jill is right, Alex and her other half are trying way too hard. I feel sorry for them. They seem very insecure.

They can't get their 3 year old into a school??? Gee maybe they should have considered schools before moving into a neighborhood with an overcrowded one. For crying out loud people decide where to live based on schools all the time. They have to be naive! And why won't ANY private school take them? ? That is really strange. Did Jill say her friend owned the Clairmont school (Prep) or a school ON Clairmont??? They almost cut all of that out but the name Clairmont was audible.

I'm thinking Jill knows a lot of influential people and the fact that she bought a Luca Luca suit and did not borrow one like Ramona should have guaranteed a front row seat. By the way, the suit was dowdy IMO and Luca Luca is dull. Jill doesn't need Luca Luca and can move on.

I really think Ramona had something to do with that seating change and since she is a big shot in the garment business I suspect she has the clout to get some one's seat changed! JMO!

FORT Newbie

Can it be that these high society ladies never have an intelligent coversation? Has BRAVO simply edited out any such "reality"? I'd assume some of them are limousine liberals and a at least occassionally discuss events in the real world. I simply refuse to believe that the "housefraus" are this superficial and ordinary in their real life. Indeed, their kids appear more grounded and more literate, no doubt a result of K to 12 private academy education.

Imagine, that despite all those private tennis courts and high priced tennis pros, the women apparently cannot even play their preferred sport at a low intermediate level. BRV showed only snippets of their heralded grudge matches, which appeared so low in quaity as to obivate the need to show any actual points. Sad indeed.

Yes, I believe the network tried here to make a politcal statement under the guise of a mere "reality" show.
    Last edited by robespierre; 03-19-2008 at 09:12 AM.

Closed Thread