Closed Thread
Page 8 of 440 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2847105;

do you really think she looked good, form a guys perspective i find nothing attractive about her at all...to each their own, i guess..it is fun snarking on these women, they make it so easy...i wonder what they think when they read this, you know they are looking at this, in horror...im so glad im far removed from the ny social scene, where average people (or in some cases below average) who by luck or marriage or inheritence consider themselves to have celebraity status and look down on everyone else, plenty of people in horse country (where i live) have much more money but dont rub it in....i think this is why the other 48 states (not florida, you figure it out) for the most part cant stand new yorkers...hey, im just saying!!!!
    Yes I did think she looked good in all the clothing she modelled. She has a good figure and I liked her choices.

I don't think these women are really part of the NYC social scene. Just because they attend fashion shows and certain parties and get photographed with other wealthy people partying does not really put them in the group they are implying that they are part of. So the term socialite is kind of used loosely among them but I don't think they are trying to claim they are Mayflower families or listed in the social register, just rich and doing a lot of socializing.

As far as the horse show goes, anyone can get tickets to it and it runs for quite some time. Tickets are quite affordable and often given out for free if you are friendly with a sponsor. This whole event takes place in a field near King Kullen! It's not that big a deal like they are saying.

The homes they are showing are very expensive ones BUT who says they own it. Lots of people rent these houses every summer. We don't know what the situation is and if Jill and Ramona own it then good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2845680;
    In the first episode, when the NY housewives are introducing themselves, Ramona tells us that her husband's family owns a religious supply company and that it has been in the family for generations. So, the money is probably his.

Thanks because I missed that. I'm surprised that a company like that would enable them to own the real estate they showed. Does that seem a little odd to you? I've dealt with some of these companies and they seem kind of small but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2848816;
    Thanks because I missed that. I'm surprised that a company like that would enable them to own the real estate they showed. Does that seem a little odd to you? I've dealt with some of these companies and they seem kind of small but I could be wrong.
    I forgot to mention that she has a business, too...... selling overstock items to resale shops. Regarding the husband's company, it could be very large if it has been in the family for years and can be very profitable. Churches of all denominations need to purchase items such as clothing for the revs, communion cups, crucifix's, rosaries, prayer books, song books, communion wafers and so on and so on. They also sell speciality items for religious affiliated schools such as books and pins.

FORT Fan

I don't think these women are really part of the NYC social scene. Just because they attend fashion shows and certain parties and get photographed with other wealthy people partying does not really put them in the group they are implying that they are part of. [/QUOTE]

they did not "imply" they were socialites, they came right out and "said" they were socialites...as viewers we can only assume at least some of what is being presented as fact is in fact...somewhat true...as viewers not being on the inside of the ny social scene how are we to know if the men and women on this show are misrepresenting the truth (lying)...so far the entire show is based on the fact that these people are the upper crust of nyc society, it is the "hook" of the series....so if this is untrue then the show is not a reality show it is a fictional sitcom...they chose to be on the show and will have to take the heat...and heat they will get, until the time they show a different side of their lives...im not sure ive ever seen a show that puts a dollar value on every thing they do...just about every sentence ends with "and thats very expensive, or that cost a lot of money", if thats what the shows about, thats ok, it makes it all that much easier to snark the sharks!

FORT Fogey

I read an interview with Ramona. Her 13 year old daughter asks her if her family is rich. Ramona said something like they live very comfortably but that there are people who are less fortunate and people who are more fortunate. She goes on to say that it is easy to lose perspective in NYC.

Ramona is correct. My parents lived in NYC for years. There are many levels of wealth in that town which means there are many interpretations of what counts as rich. From what I've gleaned from their experiences, these ladies are not the top tier - not even close (the Countess may be an exception). The money in that town, and in the world in general, is mind-blowing.

I finally decided to start googling these characters to see what is online about them since the bravo site gives basically nothing. I was very surprised. One article referred to Mario as a third generation jeweler so that house on the water in Southamption is starting to make sense. Ramona has money too, but I think the bulk comes down the line on Mario's side, I don't know.

Jill and Bobby are very well known on the social scene. She has stepchildren with him too. They might actually be the richest of all of them, I don't really know since I didn't finish reading everything.

From what I did find, Jill is reading the blogs and it upset her that people thought Alex went off to a fat farm. You just never know, the way they edit this stuff. Needless to say, I think Alex did look great when she came back. It's hard for a person with arthritis to be active so losing weight for her was not a typical situation.

Every one of them has something to gain businesswise from being on this show if they behave. They all need exposure to make MORE money!!!!

As far as being the REAL housewives of NYC, we all know that title is not literal...right?????

I googled Alex McCord (Lil' Miss Thank God we ain't in Kansas Anymore..) and she pops up in the IMDB. Apparently actually has herself an acting resume. Go figure. Not certain what this says about her but you can take a look for yourself.

Alex McCord
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;2851354;
    I googled Alex McCord (Lil' Miss Thank God we ain't in Kansas Anymore..) and she pops up in the IMDB. Apparently actually has herself an acting resume. Go figure. Not certain what this says about her but you can take a look for yourself.

Alex McCord
    thats weird......her B & W photo doesnt look so bad, it also says that she was born in Washington DC

It also says she is an actress!!!! LOL!! That's funny.

FORT Newbie

I hate alex the most...They are all social climbers, but alex is the bottom of the barrel social climber. True socialites set trends, they dont follow them, and she tries so hard to make sure she has all the right clothing so she can fit in.

My fav is Jill, I love her and the Countess, there is something about her that is so sassy and amazing.

Closed Thread