Closed Thread
Page 7 of 440 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by ladychat;2840604;
    I agree with everyone on this thread...and..these biatches are boring! I can't stay awake for this.
    Got to admit I agree with you wholeheartedly--I have a REAL hard time staying awake for this--and the time change was supposed to help--nonetheless, it has not! Snoozefest!

Quote Originally Posted by MissNomer;2843587;
    Kind of reminds me of Elizabeth Perkins' character (Celia Hodes) on Weeds (Showtime)....and her character's fixation on her daughter's weight. (I'm waiting for someone to break out the laxatives....you know it's going to happen!!) Shame, shame, SHAME on her!! Arthritis? GET OVER YOURSELF! Who are you trying to kid?!? Children's Services....come and rescue that child STAT!
    What is pathetic is how she is forcing both her husband and her daughter to have a traditional "father/daughter" relationship. Telling the husband to take her school supply shopping and for him to ask the daughter what she recently bought shopping when it's apparent he doesn't care.

Then almost forcing the daughter to thank him for the clothes, money to go to "detox" and everything else. Very weird and SAD!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2842687;
    You can be an American with that, or any other title and hold it legitimatly. Some countries, Great Britain, allow titles to be sold, but I am not sure that makes you an actual peer of the realm. You can also gain the title by marriage. Countess is legit through marriage, but I cannot remember if she keeps it if there is no male heir, of if he passes and she survives if it goes to the next male down the line. I'm not up on French titles, but it could be some interesting research.
    you do realize that i was making fun of her, dont you?

FORT Newbie

There was speculation as to whether the Count is a real Count. Apparently after the French revolution there are no titles technically, however members of the families who had them are allowed to pay the French government a certain amount each year to use them. Still it is doubtful that this particular Count has done so as only a very small handful of former aristocrats pay to have their titles. It is very likely he simply uses it and gets away with it here where titles have a greater cachet.

The countess herself? She has a couple of tv shows that she's trying to get off the ground. It's probably why she got involved with this show.

Alex and her Aussie husband get on my nerves the most. For one thing, they are big phonies. The kids don't go to private school, they probably only go to St Barts in August because they can get some kind of a swap deal through his job at the hotel (incidentally the hotel where he works used to be a welfare hotel) and the area where they live, which isn't even technically Cobble Hill is NOT society at all. It's a wonderful nabe but that's all it is.

Oh yeah. And they don't own their entire house either. Just an apartment in it. Phonies phonies phonies. Rant over.

I was too harsh on Ramona. She does not dress like a whore, she dresses too young and chooses things that don't flatter her figure. She is desperate to fit in, be chic and stylish, but it's overkill. In her confessionals she takes on a much more subdued tone which is more appealing. Her daughter is adorable, even gorgeous. I'm curious if she has the money or if her tennis star husband is the one with it. My guess is that Ramona has the bucks.

What I didn't get is was how she thought her blatant lying to get between Jill and luanne would work out. In fact, I watched that episode again and started to think they were all in on this little plot to make some interesting drama. The fact that I took it seriously is to their credit.

Bethenny mentioned she has Milania's cookies in her meeting about her branding thing. Hmmmm, I guess that is Milania Trump. Who else? She is looking for exposure by going on reality shows. I get that but what are the others needing exposure for? Maybe just fun. Bethenny needs to stop rubbing the bald head of Mr. Right like he is Aladdin's lamp. It makes the guy look balder and shorter than he already is. It's a bad habit. She should rethink that gesture. Also, she is brokering her life like a business deal, doing everything right to plan future success. That worries me. The course of true love never does run smooth.....(Shakespeare said it first)

In the first episode, when the NY housewives are introducing themselves, Ramona tells us that her husband's family owns a religious supply company and that it has been in the family for generations. So, the money is probably his.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2839025;
    do you know the countess, are you the countess?.....why would a real countess want to be a part of this show, i assume she saw a couple episodes of the occ show, and knew what to expect...it cant be good for the image of a "countess"......to be covorting with a "coven"..
    I remember early on that it was explained that the Count de Lesseps (sp) was connected to the family that dug the Panama Canal (Ferdinand de Lessops) a Frenchman who made the first attempt in 1888. He failed and with over 22,000 workers dead, left the project which was finished by the Americans. He was fined and jailed but this verdict was overturned due to a time passage which made the charges of incompetence null and void. According to the online wikopedia, Count Alexander de Lesseps who lives in NYC is Ferdinand's great grandson. He and his wife LuAnn are patrons of many charities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregsmom;2844686;
    There was speculation as to whether the Count is a real Count. Apparently after the French revolution there are no titles technically, however members of the families who had them are allowed to pay the French government a certain amount each year to use them. Still it is doubtful that this particular Count has done so as only a very small handful of former aristocrats pay to have their titles. It is very likely he simply uses it and gets away with it here where titles have a greater cachet.

The countess herself? She has a couple of tv shows that she's trying to get off the ground. It's probably why she got involved with this show.

Alex and her Aussie husband get on my nerves the most. For one thing, they are big phonies. The kids don't go to private school, they probably only go to St Barts in August because they can get some kind of a swap deal through his job at the hotel (incidentally the hotel where he works used to be a welfare hotel) and the area where they live, which isn't even technically Cobble Hill is NOT society at all. It's a wonderful nabe but that's all it is.

Oh yeah. And they don't own their entire house either. Just an apartment in it. Phonies phonies phonies. Rant over.
    Ah so the countess is in the entertainment business and Ramona wants to get to know her for some reason...hmmmm.

About the two brooklyin phonies, that is so funny! I will admit she looked beautiful in the dresses she modelled but I really "Don't Ever" want to see her husband's toenails close up EVER again. (vomits)

FORT Fogey

I aaammmmmm geetttiiing suuuuucked innnnnnnnn!!!!

I have only seen bits and pieces of the first show. And then until this last week, I have avoided this thread.
    Now I HAVE to TiVo so I can catch up and join the snark!!

FORT Fan

About the two brooklyin phonies, that is so funny! I will admit she looked beautiful in the dresses she modelled but [/QUOTE]

do you really think she looked good, form a guys perspective i find nothing attractive about her at all...to each their own, i guess..it is fun snarking on these women, they make it so easy...i wonder what they think when they read this, you know they are looking at this, in horror...im so glad im far removed from the ny social scene, where average people (or in some cases below average) who by luck or marriage or inheritence consider themselves to have celebraity status and look down on everyone else, plenty of people in horse country (where i live) have much more money but dont rub it in....i think this is why the other 48 states (not florida, you figure it out) for the most part cant stand new yorkers...hey, im just saying!!!!

Closed Thread