Quite a remarkable assessment! Kudos to youOriginally Posted by Killah Bee;2908343;Hello everyone! Newbie here, but this is my take on this show!
- Love these ladies much more than the OC bimbos. They at least have successful husbands who they like and respect and WANT to be married to, kids they love who seem like good kids overall, and they haven't made racist or disparaging remarks about their clients or co-workers thus far (anyone remember Vicki's comment about her Asian client?). And, with the exception of Ramona (and Alex/Simon on their vacation, I guess), they keep their goodies covered while out in public and their kids do the same. So kudos to them, for that!
- LuAnn doesn't bug me that much. She's a RN, which shows she's got brains to back up her good looks and also shows she's done her fair share of hard work at some point in her life. Plus, she and her hubby do a lot of philanthropy and that's cool. I don't know what's up with her son; I do know a lot of kids go through "clingy" phases and maybe he's in one now. I used to be a teacher and a lot of boys around that age were surprisingly anxious when their moms dropped them off for the day at school. I think it's nice that LuAnn has a good relationship with her niece; I, too, take pride in being the "cool aunt" and doing stuff with my nieces that their parents aren't into, such as going to concerts and hip restaurants. The thing with the driver was a bit , but hey, the guy is technically an employee and she should have the right to be addressed however is most comfortable for her. I'm from the South originally; most people introduce others as "Mr" or "Mrs Lastname" to people who work for them unless the person says, "Just call me Firstname". Her daughter is gonna be a knockout I predict!
- Ramona is ugh. She has a hot husband and darling daughter. I can't knock her work ethic and I think she's setting a good example in that department, but I must say...Mario makes his own money, too. Her lesson about walking out if someone doesn't treat you right just might backfire when he watches the show and sees footage of her grinding against random men.
- Jill seems cool. I like her toughness and no bullsh*t attitude and I admire the way she tries to help others. Plus, watching her and LuAnn cream Ramona on the tennis court was great. Her daughter is either really withdrawn by nature or else just totally disinterested in being on the show. Also, that girl needs a good nutritionist who can get a handle on her weight and issues with arthritis.
-Bethenny. Girl, He's Just Not That Into You. Seriously. Desperation is a stinky cologne. Also, are you trying to pickle those eggs? Quit drinking so much. You're cute, charming (when sober) and successful. Plenty of men would be happy to date you, just not this one. That said, Jason's brutally hot IMO so I can see why she's trying to make it work.
- Alex and Simon are the worst kind of social climbers. At least they admit to it, and it seems to be paying off somewhat, so I can't fault their hustle entirely. Still, watching them try to be suave and impress others with their international "cache" and Eurotrash clothing is a painful sight. And I don't get the constant togetherness. They're spouses, not Siamese twins. They need to fire their respective "stylists", too. Also, I'm pretty sure she said something re: the opera tickets about "getting around the taxes" when they were talking in the limo. I'm sure the IRS would be interested to see the unedited footage of that conversation. By the way, if they do indeed have water damage in the house--someone suggested that a couple pages back and it looks like it to me-- they more than likely have a mold problem, too. That's serious and they'd better address it at once if they ever want to sell that house and move to a more upscale neighborhood. Mold could also explain why their kids look sickly.
This board is great and I'm glad I found it!
Your observation on the Social Climbers Afficionados is TOP OF THE LINE and the mold is indeed quite toxic Poor L'enfants