Closed Thread
Page 63 of 440 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Thanks for the welcome Poohtz!!

My fav house wife is Beth yeah she always seems wired and high strung but she is so witty plus she is the one I have the most in common with. I'm not married, independent and my clock is ticking But I am in NO way desperate as she seems. Shes just so funny although I think she needs to slow down a bit and take a chill pill

I like Jill too she keeps it ruh and LuAnn oops Mrs Delessnob and "the count" need to spend some time together I mean isn't he gone like 2 weeks at a time. Ramona needs to divorce Mario (he's my man )...I'll let you have Simon Poohtz lol

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ChocLoc;2908000;

I like Jill too she keeps it ruh and LuAnn oops Mrs Delessnob and "the count" need to spend some time together I mean isn't he gone like 2 weeks at a time. Ramona needs to divorce Mario (he's my man )...I'll let you have Simon Poohtz lol
    Thanks a lot, here I thought you were going to be nice...
    Simon is too darn HOT for me, I will let the other Forter's have a shot at him. Beside, I don't look so good in animal prints. Oh and Alex scares me, she knows how to shoot a 9mm.

Re: Heads Will Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Fenian;2907807;
    I owe Mrs. Countess Mrs. de Lesseps a public apology. Initially, I thought her the type of snot who made Madame Defarge knit like crazy. Now I see the wisdom in not allowing the hired help to become too familiar. From now on my entire staff (the mailman, bus driver, the McDonalds drive-up window lady and the Domino's delivery guy) shall not be permitted to address me by first name. "Hey, buddy" will have to do.

Award for worst bit of over-acting: Ramona's torturous scream when Simon shook hands with her. A simple "Ow" would have sufficed.
    Second place to Simon agonizing that he had been forced into going to the hen party. "Now I must go."
    Fenian, you've given me my best laugh of the evening. I think we might have similar staff members.

Quote Originally Posted by JessesGirl;2906996;
    Just joined-but I've been reading everything for a while.

LuAnn was my favorite until this episode. Yes, the Mrs. DeWhatever got to me (When she started to say it I was thinking OH MY GOODNESS! SHE WANTS TO BE INTRODUCED AS THE COUNTESS!) Even if it's what she prefers, whats so bad about Luann? The guy probably already hates driving around snobs like her. I don't know if the wives have ever given reasons for participating, but if it truly is REAL, I'd think they'd say something along the lines of "I want to put to rest all of the stereotypes about us because we aren't really the way people say we are." Well, LuAnn's Mrs. thing did just the opposite. (I like how Bethenny introduced her to the cook later on....with a bit of contempt. Go Beth!) But that's not what got me the worst...

So does anyone else feel horrible for Noel? For the past 2 episodes we've seen him plead with LuAnn to either stay or let him come out with her and she just brushes him off. The way he carries around that poor little puppy! My heart BROKE for the poor little boy!
    If the Mrs Countess du lumpe is not careful, poor little noel will be wearing her best sunday go to meeting dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2908044;
    If the Mrs Countess du lumpe is not careful, poor little noel will be wearing her best sunday go to meeting dresses.
    I bet he already is.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2908044;
    He's a product of his environment. LuAnn was the one that pushed the dance lessons on him and most likely the music lessons. She is clueless where he is concerned. He's just a little boy that wants his Mom around.....nothing wrong with that.
    CYA

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2908024;
    Thanks a lot, here I thought you were going to be nice...
    Simon is too darn HOT for me, I will let the other Forter's have a shot at him. Beside, I don't look so good in animal prints. Oh and Alex scares me, she knows how to shoot a 9mm.
    I'm more frightened by the hair. Looks like she took several hundred volts.

Most boys his age want nothing to do with Mom. Seems wierd that he carries on so everytime she leaves the house. He was probably coddled too much and needs to be around boys his own age. Speaking of boys I can't quit thinking of Alex and Simon's boys. Lots of alcohol at a kids party! These two are the most dispicable wannabes ever to grace a television. Ten thousand on an opera indeed. Their house is a shambles,their kids are starving,they are co-dependent and living beyond their means. Simon is totally insane, bent on delusional grandeur. He will make his children miserable if they don't present the image he demands. "Children as handbags" the latest accessory among the elite. If that invite was to introduce Betheny to children it was I'm sure a real eye opener. Maybe she'll consider an orphanage for children forced to speak french who eat jelly beans at breakfast. By the way it appears that Alex has gum disease maybe she eats jelly beans too.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ChocLoc;2908243;
    I'm more frightened by the hair. Looks like she took several hundred volts.

Yep, I think Alex is a lot tougher than we thought.

FORT Newbie

Hello everyone! Newbie here, but this is my take on this show!

- Love these ladies much more than the OC bimbos. They at least have successful husbands who they like and respect and WANT to be married to, kids they love who seem like good kids overall, and they haven't made racist or disparaging remarks about their clients or co-workers thus far (anyone remember Vicki's comment about her Asian client?). And, with the exception of Ramona (and Alex/Simon on their vacation, I guess), they keep their goodies covered while out in public and their kids do the same. So kudos to them, for that!

- LuAnn doesn't bug me that much. She's a RN, which shows she's got brains to back up her good looks and also shows she's done her fair share of hard work at some point in her life. Plus, she and her hubby do a lot of philanthropy and that's cool. I don't know what's up with her son; I do know a lot of kids go through "clingy" phases and maybe he's in one now. I used to be a teacher and a lot of boys around that age were surprisingly anxious when their moms dropped them off for the day at school. I think it's nice that LuAnn has a good relationship with her niece; I, too, take pride in being the "cool aunt" and doing stuff with my nieces that their parents aren't into, such as going to concerts and hip restaurants. The thing with the driver was a bit , but hey, the guy is technically an employee and she should have the right to be addressed however is most comfortable for her. I'm from the South originally; most people introduce others as "Mr" or "Mrs Lastname" to people who work for them unless the person says, "Just call me Firstname". Her daughter is gonna be a knockout I predict!

- Ramona is ugh. She has a hot husband and darling daughter. I can't knock her work ethic and I think she's setting a good example in that department, but I must say...Mario makes his own money, too. Her lesson about walking out if someone doesn't treat you right just might backfire when he watches the show and sees footage of her grinding against random men.

- Jill seems cool. I like her toughness and no bullsh*t attitude and I admire the way she tries to help others. Plus, watching her and LuAnn cream Ramona on the tennis court was great. Her daughter is either really withdrawn by nature or else just totally disinterested in being on the show. Also, that girl needs a good nutritionist who can get a handle on her weight and issues with arthritis.

-Bethenny. Girl, He's Just Not That Into You. Seriously. Desperation is a stinky cologne. Also, are you trying to pickle those eggs? Quit drinking so much. You're cute, charming (when sober) and successful. Plenty of men would be happy to date you, just not this one. That said, Jason's brutally hot IMO so I can see why she's trying to make it work.

- Alex and Simon are the worst kind of social climbers. At least they admit to it, and it seems to be paying off somewhat, so I can't fault their hustle entirely. Still, watching them try to be suave and impress others with their international "cache" and Eurotrash clothing is a painful sight. And I don't get the constant togetherness. They're spouses, not Siamese twins. They need to fire their respective "stylists", too. Also, I'm pretty sure she said something re: the opera tickets about "getting around the taxes" when they were talking in the limo. I'm sure the IRS would be interested to see the unedited footage of that conversation. By the way, if they do indeed have water damage in the house--someone suggested that a couple pages back and it looks like it to me-- they more than likely have a mold problem, too. That's serious and they'd better address it at once if they ever want to sell that house and move to a more upscale neighborhood. Mold could also explain why their kids look sickly.

This board is great and I'm glad I found it!

Closed Thread