Closed Thread
Page 6 of 440 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

she calls him the "count" because she wants to remind everybody that he is a count making her the "countess" otherwise no one would care or even know...wasnt dracular a count, can a real american even be a countess, well i guess Elvis was "the King"...and there a lot of queens in new york..humm this whole title thing is confusing...

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

I agree with everyone on this thread...and..these biatches are boring! I can't stay awake for this.

Bring back my OC girls!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

My thoughts, not that anyone asked. I actually like RHOC. I'm one of the few people here who admit to loving Lauri. No, I'm not ashamed to admit it. So, I was prepared to like this show. Help me!!! Pretentious dorks.

What's her nose, I call "Je m'appelle Pretentious," did speak fluent French, at least seven, or eight well pronounced sentences in the first show. That said, she is a snob of the first water and, from what I've seen, no one avoids the Hamptons if they are social climbers. She's not going because she's out, probably. Yes, a second language is wonderful for kids to learn, but a useable second langauge may be more marketable in the future. Spanish, or Chinese may be more useful the way things are going. French is a gorgeous language, but will it help in the coming years? I don't know.

Romana, Tamra, whatever. OH MY FREAKING PIGS WITH WINGS!! This woman is a hate filled basket case, or at least is edited that way, but as bad as she is, her husband is a lecherous creep. She is a social climber in the worst sense of the word.

Jill, I go back and forth on her. She is both funny, and overdone at the same time.

I actually like Luann. She seems to not take it as seriously as the rest. Yes, she's got money, but she's not waving it and does seem to be giving us an honest peek into her lifestyle. I find it annoying that she calls her husband, "The Count." I keep thinking, "Chocula" when she says it, but he probably expects it. She is so dang tall!! I love that.

As for the Natural Foods Chef, forgettable.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2839807;
    she calls him the "count" because she wants to remind everybody that he is a count making her the "countess" otherwise no one would care or even know...wasnt dracular a count, can a real american even be a countess, well i guess Elvis was "the King"...and there a lot of queens in new york..humm this whole title thing is confusing...
    You can be an American with that, or any other title and hold it legitimatly. Some countries, Great Britain, allow titles to be sold, but I am not sure that makes you an actual peer of the realm. You can also gain the title by marriage. Countess is legit through marriage, but I cannot remember if she keeps it if there is no male heir, of if he passes and she survives if it goes to the next male down the line. I'm not up on French titles, but it could be some interesting research.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2828773;
    These women actually make the Orange County housewives desirable. Maybe this is a regional issue, but i cant stand these women...I cant find one single positive thing about the New York Housewives...So what do the rest of you think?
    These woman are individually hateable to different extents and there isn't a lovable or likable one in the bunch. Ramona is so loud and so tacky it is shocking. She is obnoxious, rude, ugly, vulgar, and dresses like a whore.

Jill is overly fixated on the thinness of her daughter. The trip to Rhode Island was supposed to be about health, it was about FAT. I think she means well though and is probably the least offensive of all of them.

Luanne accepts the invitation to Ramona's to see what was going on...in her own words too. Wow, that's nice. She seemed pretty happy to "escape" and then say so. Wow, more cattiness.
    Also, she really looked down her nose at Ramona at the horse show, since Ramona so OBVIOUSLY came overdressed. At least Ramona looked nice. Luanne had to point out Ramona must have thought it was Tent Day.

But then again, can you blame Luanne for being annoyed since the ONLY reason Ramona went there was to get friendly with her and she yapped all the way through Luanne's daughter's ride.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With friends like that.....and you know the rest.....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I wish bravo would give us something better than this.

FORT Regular

It looks like Bethenny (yes, that's how SHE spells it) will do anything to promote her chef business. She is a little less anorexic looking, but just as annoying as she was on Martha Stewart.

To truly rise in NY Society they should clean up their accents. I've been to the Horse Show in the Hamptons. It's not that big a deal. I remember meeting the Ross wife (Time-Warner). They didn't seem to be in the right crowd, at all. Even the Countess wasn't with anyone. The Hamptons is wealthy, but in an "Aw shucks, where's my Porsche kinda way". I live in Soho and the richest here are the least pretentious and the most charming. None of them had flair. With all that money, they could at least read a book and go to the theatre like most New Yorkers, and discuss more interesting things-like their travels, their political opinions, the latest show at MOMA, for example/

One of them, at least should have some wealthy European friends, That's cosmpolitan.

Nevertheless, this show totally amuses me. It's like a lesson in how not to act. At the same time I find their New York ballsiness totally endearing.

Where was Donna Karan. She's a Hamptons coup? Or a movie star? Or really wealthy gay man?

Martha's Vineyard-why did she want a plane. It's exactly the route JFK, Jr. took. I can't imagine going there for just lunch as the stepfather did. The Cape is a little less
    conspicuous than the Hamptons-more quaint and old-fashioned. I have alot of "socialite" clients (jewelry designer). Most of them have much more sense that these ladies and are a lot less "obvious".

As soon as I saw that lame pretend couple bragging about using the black AMEX I KNEW they are doomed. Took me right back to the other idiot that had to brag about his black amex...Mr. Slade Slimey who now is being sued by AMEX and is forced into a quick sales of his track home in Coto.

The blonde having a breakdown playing tennis was hilarious!

I did believe the wealth of these women (couples) is FAR superior than the OC Hags. At least the NY women aren't all trying to look like each other like the OC bee-otches as well. It's nice to actually see facial expressions and lips move when speaking.

Do I want the OC women back? Well..in a way yes...because I have no doubt there will be so much snark to share with what's been going on in the "hiatus" period! I'm looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by tictac;2842749;
    Jill is overly fixated on the thinness of her daughter. The trip to Rhode Island was supposed to be about health, it was about FAT. I think she means well though and is probably the least offensive of all of them.
    Kind of reminds me of Elizabeth Perkins' character (Celia Hodes) on Weeds (Showtime)....and her character's fixation on her daughter's weight. (I'm waiting for someone to break out the laxatives....you know it's going to happen!!) Shame, shame, SHAME on her!! Arthritis? GET OVER YOURSELF! Who are you trying to kid?!? Children's Services....come and rescue that child STAT!

Closed Thread