Closed Thread
Page 59 of 440 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Cobble Hill is one of the most expensive and prestigious neighborhoods in Brooklyn. Mint houses sell for over 4 million dollars!
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-10-2008 at 12:52 AM.

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMama;2906725;
    Cobble Hill is one of the most expensive and prestigious neighborhoods in Brooklyn. Mint houses sell for over 4 million dollars!
    I was referring to the specific area where they have their borderline Cobble Hill mansion LOL -dilapidated of course isn't that what supposedly those who know about old money do to live the pretentious life of OLD European ancestry and money LOL - there is COBBLE HILL and there is cobble hill - as in every other upper middle class neighborhood.

Furthermore Cobble Hill is not Manhattan and is not even Brooklyn Heights , here arecap of prices

OUTLOOK

"=====What's new in Cobble Hill: Development is scarce in these landmarked areas, and demand is high—so anything new is top-notch. The new four-story condos on State Street between Willow Place and Hicks Street are meant to blend into the historic block, and run from $590,000 to $1.89 million. =====

NOT 4 million as you stated it particularly in the current market-

"=======Slightly more affordable are new units in five brick buildings on Warren Street, between Court and Smith ($525,000 to $995,000). Opening this summer: 58 rental apartments, priced from $1,600 to $4,500, behind a brick-and-glass façade on Atlantic Avenue between Henry Street and the river."===========

Bargain hunting: Scout the area delineated by Smith Street, Court Street, Atlantic Avenue, and Degraw Street. Also, look for loft-style apartments in up-and-coming “West Cobble Hill” (around Tiffany Place and Columbia Street).
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-10-2008 at 12:53 AM.

FORT Fan

Hello everyone! (I'm a newbie who is addicted to reality TV and proudly proclaims it.)

I just have to wonder what our five housewives think when they view these episodes for the first time. Pride in presentation? Mortification? Ramona has yet to check in on the bravotv.com blogs and I'm sure we're all dying to read how she explains herself this last episode. I was watching with some other ladies in our crafts group and we had to laugh at ourselves when we noticed that we were cringing en masse at Ramona's antics.

Alex and Simon are an interesting study. Can't help but feel sorry for them. All their efforts to break into high society will be quashed after this season ends. Doing this show was a calculated gamble for them and there's no way it'll pay off their wildest dreams. More likely, those they wish to connect with will give them the cut direct.

Bethenny ruled the episode! The edit-gods let us see very likable sides to her. I appreciated that she was shown as one not to write people off. She's back with Jason and gave Ramona a chance to get together again in an effort to understand her better.

I cannot fathom why people "feel sorry" for the likes of Alex and Simon. They are a perfect example of wannabes who put on hysterical airs. They don't have a real bone in their bodies. If you want to feel sorry for a McCord, feel sorry for those two, tortured-by-French little boys. I swear the older one already looks at his parents with derision when they insist he order his baby food in a foreign language.

Re: It Just Keeps Getting Better....

[QUOTE=Fenian;2906395;][QUOTE=Jupiter;2906182;]Just in case you really have nothing else to do....there are naked pics of Alex floating on the internet...well one naked pic.

Great. Now poor little Francoi ... Francai ... Fr ... Frankie will have to learn how to say boobies in French. "La plume de ma tante; les boobies de ma mère. Now can I have some lemonade?"

If anyone should discover photos of Simon in or out of his Speedo, please in the name of all that is holy (including Ramona's line of crucifixes that she never fails to adorn her cleavage with in the shallowest product placement in history), DO NOT POST.
    Oh my...I didn't even think of that!

Actually I only stumbled on that little item about Alex by accident...and of course, curiosity got the better of me. However, I didn't have the bells to look at the "R" rated photo...those pastie thingys were pitiful enough.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Newbie

Why don't you visit Corcoran, New York, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hamptons, Shelter Island, North Fork & Palm Beaches Real Estate, Rentals No it is not Manhattan. But you still have to have deep pockets to buy a townhouse (not a Mansion, honey - you'll find those in Ditmas Park and Clinton Hill). Brooklyn Heights is still the uber nabe for many, but how does $10 million sound for a townhouse there? Where do you live by the way. I'm happy to take you on a tour of some really SCARY nabes....
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-10-2008 at 12:54 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Wow, I've been missing out on all of these great posts. I can't believe the activity on this board!

Alex and Simon -I'm so glad to see we all can't stand them. Here's something I don't get. Maybe someone can explain?
    Why are they trying so hard at the social climbing if they're already a part of society? Aren't you either IN the society crowd or you're NOT? How does one hobnob with the bluebloods when one was not born into that scene? I don't get it. (And why would anyone want to hobnob with the bluebloods anyway? Especially if you had to work so hard at it.)

I agree with the poster who stated somewhere above, that whatever group they aspire to be a part of certainly won't want anything to do with them after this show. How could they not have realized that?

And where are the nude pictures of Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by jbjlvr123;2906644;
    Finally....if Ramona and Alex have so much money, why in the world don't they do something with their teeth (Ramona's are just as bad as Alex's) ...
    Because zee crappy teeth are oh so continental!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fenian;2906829;

HA HA HA HA HA HA True. Very true.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fenian;2906829;
    I hear it is easier to speak french with bad teeth!

Closed Thread