Closed Thread
Page 57 of 440 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Didn't someone mention that they only own an apartment in the house, not the whole three story house? I guess that's why Bethenney went in the door under the front steps? Do they live in the basement.. al la Laverne and Shirley and watch people's feet go by? I've never lived in that type of area... could the yard be a communal area?

Alex was vague when she said "Three year plan." I originally thought she meant "live like this for three years then start renovating"???

It Just Keeps Getting Better....

Just in case you really have nothing else to do....there are naked pics of Alex floating on the internet...well one naked pic. Here's the PG link if you're interested...

Alex McCord

You can find the R rated version from there. Got this from Gawker's site.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by livjack;2905822;
    You know, I don't like Ramona any better than the rest of you, but I do think she's getting a bad rap for being less than gracious when Simon showed up for a girls' night. It really does change the tenor of the thing when a man is present, and a man like Simon changes it up even more. His preening and obsequious manners are enough to make anyone feel the nasty slick of oil.

Although it looked like Ramona had a little too much to drink at dinner (see: her attempting to define "class), I still felt like she was right to be disappointed that Mr. Europa showed up. And why make Alex and Simon's tone deaf social skills acceptable?
    That's fine to be upset that Simon showed up, but to start screaching about it, flailing her arms to and fro and gasping for breath like the plague walked in was a bit over the top. And to just jump up and bark, "I have to leave" over and over were all signs of definite enhanced personality disorder due to an unknown substance!

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2906184;
    That's fine to be upset that Simon showed up, but to start screaching about it, flailing her arms to and fro and gasping for breath like the plague walked in was a bit over the top. And to just jump up and bark, "I have to leave" over and over were all signs of definite enhanced personality disorder due to an unknown substance!

Gotta say it again: Ramona's getting a lot of flak for calling like it was: Bad manners on Alex and Simon's part. Who drags their husband along for a girls' night except a woman in a controlling and dysfunctional relationship? Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2905638;
    Most of us would get excited to see Jane Fonda at an event but not Alex and Simon. They think that being there means that they are famous too. What Schmucks! Please! Someone give their kid a vitamin!
    Si le petit garçon veut une vitamine, il doit en demander une en français!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SindyLew;2906184;

This almost makes me wonder if Ramona knew Simon before, if they had something going on and she just didn't know how to handle it.
    Hmmmmm...my mind sure can wonder.

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2906121;
    I don't think they are renovating. I think that is the way they live. Remember, it was Bethany who brought up the whole subject of renovation by asking Alex if they were renovating. And only then did Alex go into the floor story, etc. Izdatayat is absolutely right the floors are the last to be done and in Alex's house it was obvious they hadn't done anything. And I still think it is an apartment rental not a townhouse they own. The backyard had a rusty old swing set and we all remember what the bedroom looks like. I think they are just leeches on society.
    I totally agree! I am renovating and as someone mentioned before it does not take a genius to figure out how to isolate the areas being renovated particularly when one have young kids

FORT Fanatic

I just went to check Alex's website and looked over her resume.
    ...SKILLS Ballroom Dance, Sharp target shooter (most familiar with 9mm), PADI certified Scuba Diver, Amazing vocal rendition of Gilligan’s Island theme song in Latin…

I don't know why being a sharp shooter would help her get an acting job. This makes me wonder if Simon is the domineering one or if it is really her. He should watch his P's and Q's, she just might shoot his butt.

I think that the "vocal rendition of Gilligan’s Island theme song in Latin" may come in pretty handy though!

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by izdatayat;2906145;
    Didn't someone mention that they only own an apartment in the house, not the whole three story house? I guess that's why Bethenney went in the door under the front steps? Do they live in the basement.. al la Laverne and Shirley and watch people's feet go by? I've never lived in that type of area... could the yard be a communal area?

Alex was vague when she said "Three year plan." I originally thought she meant "live like this for three years then start renovating"???
    Some Brooklyn townhouses are being sold by apartment units - they do not live exactly in the best area of Brooklyn- and it is most likely that they own only one unit - the common area of the yard was quite unimpressive eh?

With all the money and the foreign languages expertise, and the animal print couture not to mention the sophistication of managinga hotel plus the worldliness of their demeanor I would have expected that Francoise's birthday party be held at MOMA or at one of the party places on Madison Avenue.... so I was atad shocked with the backyard theme nevertheless I suspected a trend and eagerly waited to see the guests and the crowd and the papparazis that were at the Opera oh well....maybe in another life

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by livjack;2906303;
    Gotta say it again: Ramona's getting a lot of flak for calling like it was: Bad manners on Alex and Simon's part. Who drags their husband along for a girls' night except a woman in a controlling and dysfunctional relationship? Come on!
    If you one-up bad manners with even worse, horrendous, over the top bad manners, then yeah, you're going to get flack for it. If she had just kept her mouth shut, the onus would be on A/S.

But since Ramona was so much more offensive than A/S, she gets the FORT treatment.

The proper thing to do, had Ramona shown any bit of class... even an ounce... would have been to carry on as usual and not invite Alex to anything Ramona hosted in the future if she wanted it to be all girls.

Closed Thread