Closed Thread
Page 54 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I really enjoy this show...there are definitely some cringe-inducing moments...the dinner party looked incredibly uncomfortable on this most recent episode. I don't think talking about "class" is showing any class at all.....honestly Ramona might just have some natural energy, but she appeared like she was on cocaine or speed in this last episode...especially at the gotham magazine party....but hey who knows.

The reality is that they are wealthy (with the exception of Alex), they are social, and they all live in NY...no none of them is the next Brooke Astor, who is? Certainly no one here either. I mean one of you commented about the various boarding schools, mentioning both Andover and Phillips. Andover IS Phillips Academy. I grew up in Andover, MA. Locals call it Phillips so as not to get it confused with Andover High School. The other Phillips is in Exeter, NH and is called Exeter. All non-locals appear to call them Andover and Exeter - not the names of the schools; rather, those are the towns in which they are located. Anyway, small meaningless point, but if someone professes to know so much about the boarding school life in the northeast, they should definitely know that Andover and Phillips are not 2 different schools. LOLLL....

Anyway, I enjoy the show and I think most of the characters are nice people. I love Jill...I like LuAnn and Bethenny. I think Alex is misguided but she seems nice...ramona seems like a good mother but honestly something is up with her.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-09-2008 at 10:25 AM.

I laughed when Ramona asked Simon to leave for like a half an hour and LuAnn piped up, "Come on Simon, let's go to Scores!" (Scores is a strip club in NYC)

After seeing Ramona dancing tonight, I think it is safe to say that if she dared to dance like that at Avery's 7th grade dance last week, she was promptly evicted. The dress was definitely too short. And her body is not all that great. A yes, a few pages back someone mentioned that she walked like a man, truck driver, cowboy. Something to the effect. When she got out of the car at the bachelor thing, she did that same kind of walk.

Simon and Alex. Oy ve! I loved how Alex switched around the facts about the girls' night out dinner. And how when Simon mentioned that Alex can do whatever she wants, Alex repeated the exact same line! Asking the 4-year-old if he would mind if mummy and daddy invited some adult guests to his party. Kid said, "uh-huh" which means he DID mind them inviting adults to his party! Going on and on trying to get the kid to order lemonade in French. And it was Simon who asked Alex if she had checked to see if she was in the paper. The house was a mess. Someday it will look nice, but this is not that time. If that had been me, I would have had the party elsewhere....or made sure that at least the floors were done on one of the floors of the place. I think it is a three-story house, I'd have cordoned off one floor....take out all the furniture, don't let the kids near it, and get it fixed. Then do the same on the second floor. Finally do the third floor. And be done with it.

The only guy who would have been a blast at that girls' night out dinner would have been Jill's gay husband dude.

I know next week is the finale, but any word on whether they will be a reunion show with this group like they did with the OC gals?

$19.99 at Mr. Tux

I was just horrified that Bethenny introduced Countess LuAnn de Looselips to the driver by her first name. Thank god, the Countess corrected her. Meanwhile across America, people were addressing LuAnn as Douchebag ... Sorry. I meant Countess Douchebag. While we're on this subject of douchebags, Simon has to be the fop to end all fops. Forty years ago I wore that same gold bow-tie and gold cummerbund to my high school prom. Wonder if he also got his at Mr. Tux for $19.99.

Francois is neglected! That poor little boy is too thin and has dark circles around his eyes. Orange juice in french!!! indeed! give the kid something other than jelly beans. Their house is a disaster. The holes in the door were probably put there by Simon. These two are beginning to scare me. They throw money around like crazy and live in squalor. He is a control freak I know I was married to two of them. That house was downright scary and Betheny picked up on it. That tuxedo was a scream,did you notice the looks on the photographers faces as they swept by.Priceless!!!

[Edit: Unbelievable. I composed this long post after logging in, went to "Go Advanced" to proof it first, and it claimed I was no longer logged in and I lost the entire post! I'm even more peeved than I was at Alex & Simon's extreme douchebaggery in tonight's episode. Grrrrr ... and I'd even cooked up such trinkets like "Rudemona The Bootie Queen", too. lol]
    Last edited by Riot Nrrrd™; 04-09-2008 at 07:19 AM.

Glad so many people caught Alex telling Simon that she "gave Bethanny plenty of opportunity to say no" to Simon coming. That kind of obliviousness is what makes Alex so unappealing.

And speaking of obliviousness, next week she takes the poor, tortured by French Francois to be tested for his IQ. Anyone want to make a bet that the kid is no "genius?" Especially if she makes him respond to each question in French.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2905185;
    That's what I am saying, even if they are fixing up the house as they say they are, wouldn't you clean before someone came over. My gosh the dirt on the doors alone. And be honest CH, you find Simon kind of HOT!!!
    I could have me a permanent room in that boutique hotel in a minute!!!!

I have seen a couple episodes of this show, here is my take on all the women:

Alex/Simon: They are an odd couple. Their conversations seem forced and fake, and really quite painful. They don't seem loving at all. I feel sorry for their kids and I agree with all that say Francois looked sickly. What's their other kids name? I don't think they've ever mentioned him.

I think it was ridiculous that Alex asked if Simon could come to the 'Girls Night Out', when a guy comes to a 'Girls Night Out' it is no longer a 'Girls Night Out'. Then, she lied to Simon about how the conversation went. If I told my husband he could come to a 'Girls Night Out' he would quickly decline, the last thing he wants to do is be the odd man out with a bunch of women.

As far as their house, I would not be surprised is those renovations were never complete. If I was going to be on a show like this, I would make sure all the renovations were done.

Bethanny: She seems very judgemental, although with these women I can't blame her, it seemed like every time she was with one of the other women she talked about them in the interview. IMO, she doesn't really seem to like any of the women expect maybe Jill. That dress she wore when she was in Miami and the sparkly dress she wore when out dancing with Ramona were both beautiful.

Ramona: I don't even know what to say about her. She's very selfish and it's obvious that everything has to be about her. I feel bad for her daughter, who seems to be more mature than her mother at 12, having a mother like her would be exhausting.

Luann: I thought it was ridiculous how she mentioned the way Bethanny introduced her to the driver. Seriously get over yourself. Other than that. She seems cool and like she would be fun, albeit a tad judgemental too but she's a countess, I expect nothing less.

Jill: I thought it was funny that Jill kept referring to Bethanny's dinner party as 'her dinner party' (although I don't know why Bethanny didn't just have it at her own place. She did have a lot of anxiety when hosting the party and she was ridiculous about being at the 'head of the table'.

These ladies are all judgemental to a point, but some moreso than the others. I think Alex and Simon are trying to hard to fit into a world they don't really seem comfortable being in.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 04-09-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Hit post too soon.

WOW! That episode took the cake. Ramona may have topped Vicki's meltdown on OC. I see a new "Worst Moments on Bravo" in the works. While Ramona was dancing I kept thinking of Elaine's dancing on "Seinfeld". I agree with what someone else said about it not really being a girls night with a room full of cameramen. I feel like Bravo sets up the situations on this show more than on OC and I'm sure that they told Simon to go to the party.
    Simon and Alex UGGH! It's not weird to have a ripped up house, it's weird that they didn't mention it to Bethanny. Skip the opera tickets and hire a contractor you idiots! Simon kept trying to get his son to say things in French like a trained monkey. Why does he equate speaking French with having superior intellect? There are plenty of stupid people in France. I loved it that Simon mentioned Jane Fonda and Alex casually picks up her champagne and says "I saw her" like it's no big deal. Most of us would get excited to see Jane Fonda at an event but not Alex and Simon. They think that being there means that they are famous too. What Schmucks! Please! Someone give their kid a vitamin!
    Last edited by tvaholic; 04-09-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2905526;
    I could have me a permanent room in that boutique hotel in a minute!!!!
    I knew it! Imagine, you in some animal print dress and getting your make-up done. Wow, I wonder if Simon would get you the suite with the heart shaped bed and the fancy hot tub...you go girl!!!

Closed Thread