Closed Thread
Page 53 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Was that cologne that Simon was spraying on himself before the opera? Oh my gosh, I know those kind of men, when the cologne arrives before they do...

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;2905071;

I'm fairly surprised at Alex and Simon allowing their house to be filmed like that-no wonder we had only seen their bedroom before. I can't imagine living in that much construction, or having two young children in it!
    I didn't get the impression that they were actually doing renovations. It would seem to me that if they were, Alex would have mentioned it when Bethenny made the comment. I just cannot believe those two are so clueless that they would allow the cameras to show their home!! Reminding us once again that their priorities are completely jacked up!

As a relatively new viewer to the show, I'm shocked at these women who call themselves moms. With the exception of LuAnn, the other moms should be stripped of their parental rights. (j/k!) But, seriously -- Ramona is completely living vicariously through her daughter with wanting her to be an actress or get into her father's business ventures, she spends NO time whatsoever with Avery, she is going out EVERY night partying or attending dinner parties and is trying very, very hard to be young and single again. The dancing at the bachelor thing was completely inappropriate. "It's OK to look!" She wasn't looking. She was trying to hook up.

Bethanny is all about Bethanny. I like her OK, but I just wish she would go ahead and get pregnant. I really think she's afraid of giving up her freedom for a child. However, that doesn't seem to stop the other moms on the show.

I don't understand the "Countess" referral to LuAnn other than is her husband a Count or something? I like LuAnn. She seems to be the most sensible one of the bunch. But, she's another one that needs to spend some time with her kids. I felt bad for her son because all he was wanting to do was spend some time with his mom and she pretty much blew him off to go out with her friends.

Jill is the typical JAP. Not that it's a bad thing, but she's never had to break a sweat in her life, you can see that. She prefers her dog over her daughter and the daughter is so resentful and jealous of the dog, she wants the dog to die. Nice.

Now to Alex. Alex and Simon want SO BADLY to be members of the posh Manhattan society circle, but yet they live in Brooklyn? They spent $20,000 for opening night tickets at the Met, a limo, new duds and their house has been in renovation mode for 3 years? Plus, the most important thing to Alex was whether or not her picture made the society page! Well, she did make the paper, but it was a picture of her back! Oh, well......

However, this "finale." What are they suppose to do? What have they done through the season that has built up to a finale? It's not like someone is going to win a modeling contract or $100,000!

Anyway, it's an interesting show and I would watch it again if they have another season.

I think I'm going to YouTube the Orange County housewives.
    Melrose -- The REAL winner of Cycle 7!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A man totally changes the dynamics and point of a "girls' night out". Your conversations change, and you behavior changes in some ways. I know a woman who likes to bring her husband with her everywhere she goes, and he wants to be right there in the middle of the females. We usually tell her early that HE is not to come. He's a momma's boy, an only child, and those are his main two problems. It gets to the point where we don't feel like babysitting him OR her. But if he's there, he is politely tolerated.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2905087;
    I didn't get the impression that they were actually doing renovations. It would seem to me that if they were, Alex would have mentioned it when Bethenny made the comment. I just cannot believe those two are so clueless that they would allow the cameras to show their home!! Reminding us once again that their priorities are completely jacked up!
    Oh I'm sure they were doing renovations, because there was equipment sitting out and Alex mentioned something about the house being a three year project once Bethenny mentioned the floor being ripped up.
    I assume Alex was referring to the renovations as the three year project.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2828773;
    These women actually make the Orange County housewives desireable. Maybe this is a regional issue, but i cant stand these women...I cant find one single positive thing about the New York Housewives...So what do the rest of you think?
    I think that you are right! They are hard to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2905082;
    Was that cologne that Simon was spraying on himself before the opera? Oh my gosh, I know those kind of men, when the cologne arrives before they do...
    Gawd, I would have hated sitting next to Simon at the Opera having to breathe in all that "eue de cologne" WHEW. Plus I bet i would be removing his hand from my knee all night. Anyone else think Alex looked like a Ho? What a pigsty they live in. Why would they let people in?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2905175;
    Gawd, I would have hated sitting next to Simon at the Opera having to breathe in all that "eue de cologne" WHEW. Plus I bet i would be removing his hand from my knee all night. Anyone else think Alex looked like a Ho? What a pigsty they live in. Why would they let people in?
    That's what I am saying, even if they are fixing up the house as they say they are, wouldn't you clean before someone came over. My gosh the dirt on the doors alone. And be honest CH, you find Simon kind of HOT!!!

FORT Regular

One thing I noticed, and checked the 11 pm repeat immediately after the first airing to make sure was that Alex lied to her husband about the party invitation. She goes on to say that Bethenny invited them both, but immediately corrected herself and said it was an all girls night. However, Bethenny presented the party as an all girls even before Alex mentioned Simon. I guess that lie was made to not hurt Simon's feelings?

Luann's comment to Bethenny after she introduced her by her first name, "The Count would be like, 'Oh my God'" was strange. If these people take offense regarding introductions, I wonder what else offends them.
    I think there was more to Ramona's reaction to Simon being there than just seeing their dependency (him and Alex's) of one another; I think she was more annoyed than anything. It's immature, and also confusing why a guy would be OK with attending an all girls party. An uninvited guest, shall we say. Yes, Bethenny and Jill had opportunities to say no to Alex, but it was more of a polite silence than anything. Bad decision, I say. If someone doesn't tell you, you don't learn what's right and what's not.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2905107;
    A man totally changes the dynamics and point of a "girls' night out". Your conversations change, and you behavior changes in some ways.
    That's not always a bad thing! Like I said, my girlfriends and I usually include at least 1 man in our girls nights. for one, it keeps us from getting too catty and gossipy. But like I said, it's also nice to have a man when we go out to a bar, if only to keep other guys from coming up and trying to hit on someone during the girl's night.

We usually take my friend Adam along, in fact. He LOVES getting invited to girls night, partially because he's so busy that it's nice to get invited out but also because, in his own words, he 'feels like a pimp' when he walks in a restaurant, club or bar with 4-5 girls. Other men will come up and congratulate him for being with so many women while leaving us alone.

Actually, for me it's generally the opposite case-most of my closest friends are men, and I'm the only one fully initiated into the 'boys club'. It generally drives the girlfriends nuts that I always get invited to Guys Night and they're not allowed to come. I remember a bunch of us were going to eat lunch once and we were sitting around my friend's car shop waiting for the last guy to get there so we could leave. He eventually came up with the girl he was dating at the time, at which point all of us groaned and one of the guys said "Man, this was only supposed to be the GUYS." He then proceeded to explain that I didn't count as a girl because I was just one of them.

I don't think having someone of the opposite sex necessarily changes the dynamics-it depends on how close everyone is (certainly my male friends don't censor their conversation or behavior around me). Now Simon was incredibly out of place, I'm not going to deny that, but it's still such bad manners to make him feel uncomfortable once he was already there.

Closed Thread