Closed Thread
Page 52 of 440 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I can't even pick out a favorite moment.

Alex and Simon spening $20K to walk by the paparazzi -who didn't even lift one camera. I only wish they could have edited in crickets chirping.

And the count does have other families - 3 previous ones! You posters are psychic.

Alex and Simons dumpy mess of a house.

The discussion of class vs etiquette.

Ramona dancing and Bethanny trying to keep a straight face

Ramona is a loud obnoxious jerk. Alex was not being reasonable bringing Simon to the girls night dinner, but he was there... so deal, and be nice. It's not as if there won't be other girl's night out.
    I don't buy her excuse about her mom being codependant on her dad as a reason for going on and on about Simon.
    She is the ultimate self centered drama queen, because EVERYTHING must be about her, and if it's not she'll cause an issue until it is.
    UGH
    It's a tv show, and a dinner concocted by the producers..I'm sure, so it's not that big of a deal to eat with Simon in the room if there are cameraMEN in the room filming it, you hyper b*tch.

Also, do Alex and Simon EVER have a real conversation about things that matter?

Still love Jill, and yes..I even like LuAnn. Bethenny is fine, but she talks too much about herself, and how strong she is ..bleh.
    Who is she trying to convince?
    Last edited by taffina; 04-09-2008 at 12:22 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Oh my gosh, the birthday party, I couldn't believe Alex and Simon let the cameras film the inside of their house, can anyone say trailer trash? I was totally shocked, well not really, it is kind of what I expected. OH and where were their fancy friends? The people in the back yard, looked normal.

FORT Newbie

I am still dealing with the horrid vision of Ramona "scrub the ground" oh my goodness she looked so trashy....and WTF@ "countess" i mean that was very haughty of her i would have left her in the limo. Who cares I have doctor friends and i don't introduce them as Dr. you go girl. How dare Beth introduce the "countess" improperly to the "help." And *gasp* at Alex and Simons place. Awful...and they want to move UP in the social circles?? And they get on my nerves trying to get one of the boys order his lemonade in French geez.....And WTF @ the animal print and her scraggly hair @ the opera opening. Them trying to fit in only makes them look even more awkward and rigid.

Dear Lord in Heaven...did you guys see that HOUSE??????? Not that I live in Buckingham Palace...but come on now.....that was horrible. My little vacation trailer looks nicer than that and its over 20 years old!
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Eh.The house was being renovated, so it's not that big a deal that it was torn up and a mess, and I don't think I'd call it "white trash."
    Alex does seem nice and she is educated..Northwestern is a pretty good college last time I checked.
    However, I think Simon is holding her back..lol
    She seems to fit in with the society types more than he does. Jill and the Countess (ha) took an immediate liking to her, and in this episode we see Bethenny admit to spilling her guts to Alex because she's a good person.
    I think Simon brings the cheese and the ooky factor to the relationship.
    It would be nice to see her without him. I wonder if she takes him to Ohio when she goes for business.

I agree with LuAnn in a way, she should have been introduced as Mrs.....whatever her last name is, and not LuAnn, especially if that is what she prefers.
    Maybe I wouldn't have made a deal about it like she did, but if she likes to be introduced to the hired help in a formal manner, that's fine.
    Last edited by taffina; 04-09-2008 at 12:43 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Did anyone else notice that Alex's little boy looked ill, or at least very tired out? The poor guy.

Yes, the little boy looked pale with little dark circles under his eyes.

I thought it was so ridiculous when Simon tried to get him to order lemonade in french.
    puhlease.

Ummm - Franswah speaks French (allegedly) but can't spell?? Huh??? Anyone else think it was odd that Simon spelled out C A K E at the birthday party ? ? ? Wowzers...

FORT Fan

I have a question about the breakdancing thing....I'm in my mid-twenties and everyone I know still refers to it as break dancing....what else would you call it? Crunk, as far as I know, is a type of rap music. Crump is a form of dance, but dinstinctive from breakdancing. In fact, I'm in the nightclub business, and in particular, I've worked in several hip-hop clubs. Everyone I've ever known still uses the term breakdancing, and a bartender friend of mine actually competes in breakdancing competitions.

Otherwise, I'm starting to love this group of women. I admit, the more petty a reality show is, the more I love it . And I think the past few episodes have been getting better and better.

Loved how Ramona was the most outspoken in the 'class' discussion yet not only had the lack of it to verbally abuse Simon for being there, but also to leave halfway through the party. I can't see why it would be such a big deal to have a man on a girl's night out anyway. On the occasions where I plan a girl's night, me and my friends generally include one man. So it's not technically a girl's night then, but especially in the case when we're going to a club or bar, it's nice to have a guy around. But no matter how upset you are....to make someone feel that unwelcome is so trashy. The way I grew up, class was making someone you hate feel welcome in your home.

I'm fairly surprised at Alex and Simon allowing their house to be filmed like that-no wonder we had only seen their bedroom before. I can't imagine living in that much construction, or having two young children in it!

Again with Ramona....her dancing! I thought Tamra's was bad, but Ramona definitely takes the cake. And her dress was waaaaayyy too short, both for her age and to be dancing in that manner. I don't care how good of shape you keep yourself in, at some point you have to start dressing more modestly.

Closed Thread