Closed Thread
Page 5 of 440 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Ramona, if that's her name, reminds me most of Tamra in that she thinks she is so hot. And, of course, she is not! Is she also going to be turning 40 anytime soon?

I was actually laughing at her immature display at the tennis match. I was rooting for Jill and Luann.

The Kansas one and her doting husband....off to St. Bart's (with au par in tow, naturally) have such limited conversations. "This view is beautiful, but not as beautiful as you darling." "Oh honey, no, this view is beautiful, but not as beautiful as you and Johann and Francois!" Who talks like that? And for all the importance for speaking French, I have only heard them say, "bon jour" when they entered the restaurant. If the kiddies have to learn to speak French, so should the parents! Has that black-AMEX toting dude ever smiled? He always looks so poker faced.

I also noticed how in the two episodes aired to date, they all talk about going to the Hamptons for the summer season. Okay, now they are all heading back to the city after two shows? And going back-to-school shopping. What happened to the summer or did they just rent out houses for two weeks!?!

I can't believe I am saying this.....but I miss the OC chickadees! These gals are way too much!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2836902;
    I HATE air quotes and she can't seem to get them right.
    Yes, the air quotes seem to be quite random.
    Ramona is not the brightest spark, but then again the rest of 'em aren't exactly MacArthur fellows either.
    Which one is the most reprehensible though?
    After much consideration I have decided that it is whomever happens to be flapping their mouth at the moment. (With the exception of the single one-- she cannot compete with the rest of them)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2831583;
    What do you want to bet that Rosie spits in the Countess's food before she serves it to her. She is so condescending to the poor maid. Anybody want to check and see if they are paying all the necessary ss taxes and fica?
    In future episodes we will be learning of all the important charity work that LuAnn partakes in. Yet, don't ya bet the Countess Luann pays Rosie like 22,000 a year and skips the social security and taxes? Of course, as the countess would probably point out that 22,000 is a fortune! in Guatemala or Mexico or wherever.
    Priorities folks! Paying Rosie more would only result in less money for the food allergies foundation or some other worthwhile cause. And what about that struggling institution known as The Metropolitan Museum of Art? Who will help them if every "society" family's domestic worker was to receive a raise?

This show is a joke! At least the RHOOC admit to Botox and fake boobs! What is up with the hair on these characters? Dont they sell shampoo in New York? Their root showing stringy hair is disgusting. Ramona and her bloated stomach from too many martinis is an embarrassment not only to her daughter but to all women her age. Jill is living in a dream world hoping her husband will pay attention to the step-daughter he cant stand. How can she honestly be attracted to a man like that? Bethany doesnt belong on the show, she's a wannabe and never will be. Luann is the only one I can stand to listen to. Most educated high society women in New York do not have that Statin Island accent. That couple Alex from Kansas and her Lurch look alike husband have to be a joke being played on us. Right? Please tell me these people do not actually exist. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a set-up show by Bravo executives to convince us that RHOOC isnt so bad after all!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2837594;
    This show is a joke! At least the RHOOC admit to Botox and fake boobs! What is up with the hair on these characters? Dont they sell shampoo in New York? Their root showing stringy hair is disgusting. Ramona and her bloated stomach from too many martinis is an embarrassment not only to her daughter but to all women her age. Jill is living in a dream world hoping her husband will pay attention to the step-daughter he cant stand. How can she honestly be attracted to a man like that? Bethany doesnt belong on the show, she's a wannabe and never will be. Luann is the only one I can stand to listen to. Most educated high society women in New York do not have that Statin Island accent. That couple Alex from Kansas and her Lurch look alike husband have to be a joke being played on us. Right? Please tell me these people do not actually exist. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a set-up show by Bravo executives to convince us that RHOOC isnt so bad after all!
    Well said!!! I couldn't agree with you more. I turned it off.

FORT Fan

fake boobs, botox and clean hair mixed in with a little california sunshine is looking pretty good about now.....do real socialites refer to themselves as socialites....that was some of the worst tennis playing ive seen....no way was that lamborgini anything but borrowed....that was a really short hamptons season....those teeth need more than braces....the bald guy should run from the single cook, fast and far...whoever said this whole show may be fake, may be right!

FORT Newbie

Do real socialites talk about being socialites ???? NO!!! THEY DO NOT BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TO...IT'S UNDERSTOOD!!!!! Aside from 'the countess', who actually attends charity functions, and actually DONATES TO CHARITIES, the rest of the coven is just a bunch of desperate wannabe social climbers willing to sell their soles for a photo in the society rags.

FORT Fan

do you know the countess, are you the countess?.....why would a real countess want to be a part of this show, i assume she saw a couple episodes of the occ show, and knew what to expect...it cant be good for the image of a "countess"......to be covorting with a "coven"..
    Last edited by jaymes4u; 03-13-2008 at 12:15 AM. Reason: spelling

I was wondering if the countess will keep referring to her husband as "the count" whenever she speaks about him. Can't she say "my husband" or call him by his name?

FORT Fan

outside the nyc area and maybe palm beach the term "socialite" is never thought of or spoken, in fact being called a socialite is probably more negative than positive..

Closed Thread