Closed Thread
Page 49 of 440 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

There has to be something else going on re. Jason getting fired. He wasn't representing his firm in HWofNY--no one on the show ever mentioned his employer's name. As noted above, he was never depicted drunk or in an undignified way--what possible grounds could this be for firing? I don't care how "private" the firm is, unless he signed a contract that expressly forbade his appearing on a television show, there's something else going on.

I don't know if he was an officer in the company (or so many other specifics), but anyone can do a google search on Jason and find out who he works for, etc., etc. The whole premise of the show could be considered conduct unacceptable to many boards of directors. Certain things are just understood in that world about what constitutes professionalism and what does not.

On another note, Poohtz (my bold feature isn't working, sorry), I hold you responsible for my thinking here! ... I imagined Simon in a restaurant and the waiter approaches and inquires "What are we lusting over this evening?" To which Simon replies hungrily, "Lamb!" Sheepishly, the waiter grins and says, "This is a seafood restaurant, we don't serve lamb." Simon, downtrodden, replies, "Okay, anything but clams."
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper;2899022;
    I don't know if he was an officer in the company (or so many other specifics), but anyone can do a google search on Jason and find out who he works for, etc., etc. The whole premise of the show could be considered conduct unacceptable to many boards of directors. Certain things are just understood in that world about what constitutes professionalism and what does not.."
    Reee-eh-ahlly?

Jason was the president of the company that fired him.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Guess this won't do much to promote that "move in" plan Bethany had going.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper;2899022;
    On another note, Poohtz (my bold feature isn't working, sorry), I hold you responsible for my thinking here! ... I imagined Simon in a restaurant and the waiter approaches and inquires "What are we lusting over this evening?" To which Simon replies hungrily, "Lamb!" Sheepishly, the waiter grins and says, "This is a seafood restaurant, we don't serve lamb." Simon, downtrodden, replies, "Okay, anything but clams."

Sure, blame me...oh sheep! I'm glad I have been able to help with those lovely thoughts of Simon. I guess then I have done my job!!!

We will have to watch Simon closely from now on. I am really thinking I might be on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2892273;
    I can only imagine how Bravo found these women. What was the criteria? Find us some women who "think" they are high class, rich, famous, cool, special, pretty, hot, and what every American woman wants to be! I would imagine the Bravo producers are laughing their butts off at these people too. I'm sure they saved themselves a bundle of money not asking any real socialites to be on the show.

These women simply cannot really be cutting edge New Yorkers! They are so backward, clearly overchallenged in all areas. For gawd sake, look at the bad haircuts, ugly ill-fitting clothes, abysmal furnishings in their tiny little hovels, bad teeth, horrid grammar, need I continue...? Any woman with real style and grace would for gawd sake clean up her act - mind and body - before letting Bravo turn that oh so hot bright light on such ugliness. But what fun to see them make total fools of themselves. Aside... Betheninny actually has decent clothing and makeup, but where oh where is her brain?

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana;2892927;
    Welcome Livjack.
    I don't think they know at all.
    Which is what is so...confounding.
    They think they are glamorous, but they're not.
    The truly glamorous... live it, they don't announce it.
    And the wealthiest people I have ever known have never mentioned their extreme wealth, and when asked, will downplay all of it.

The Miami trip is a case in point. Bethenny makes sure she mentions she knows the restaurant owner. Better if that was shown, not told.
    Her emphasis on the BOARDING school friend, not just school friend-was laughable too.
    I went to boarding school. I never refer to it as that.
    Unless I am specifically recounting horrors attached to being at boarding school, when only a little girl.
    It's not really something to brag about and that is what she was doing in her own inimitable way.

My late friend Kenny was the wealthiest person I ever knew. His family didn't have homes-they had compounds (Two that I visited, at least).
    They owned a Raphael and "the other Mona Lisa". That's how I realized he was related to the Royal Family, and big corporate founders here in the U.S.
    Because I happened to read about it in a book. Despite knowing him for years, he had never thought to mention the family castle filled with Renaissance masterpieces.
    And he took the subway.
    Agreed- they don't know they're pawns. Hmmm, maybe they're actually prawns; after all, their IQs must fly right off the Richter Scale. And that has a base-10 logarithm. Maybe I should make that "their collective IQs". As for the money, their duplicity screams "used to be poor, trying to make it" and "not educated folks, but trying to fake it here". Their collective sophomoric taste in furnishings and clothing is revealing. Poor grammar, mispronounced words- pathetic people all. Bravo sure knows how to suck 'em in and spit 'em out, eh? It's just plain fun to watch these fools debase themselves while trying to appear spectacularly enviable.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2898673;
    Then they should of used the REAL reason they wanted to terminate him. I would think it would hold up better in a lawsuit then just because he was a background person on a cable tv show.
    I think them not using the real reason is going to be their downall in court. I don't ever remember him so much as hinting at who he worked for.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2898309;
    I wasn't aware that we needed a new Martha Stewart. One is quite enough thank you very much.
    It was not MY idea! It was Bethenny who said she wants to be the next Martha Stewart! I am not too crazy about Martha, but she can do rings around Miss Bethenny and never miss a beat! Martha would never lower her standards and become intoxicated on national television.

Closed Thread