Closed Thread
Page 48 of 440 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I have two friends who went to boarding school and they both had differing feelings on the experience. One of my friends totally loved it and the other hated the whole experience. I think it depends on the child and the reason for sending their child to a boarding school.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana;2897943;
    Everyone I know who ever went to boarding school was a troubled kid. Either before or after attending, or both, I cannot say.
    There are plenty of prestigious educational opportunities out there without sending your kid away.

In my case, I grew up on the Main Line of Philadelphia. The boarding aspects of the schools were being closed, right and left.
    When I was at college, any alumni of Andover ,Solebury, etc. had parents who were too busy to have their kids around, with the exception of one guy who was from Missouri and it was probably a good thing he was "sent East".

In my case, I was in lower school. A sad experience for every boarder there, I can assure you.

What boarding school in Florida is worth bragging about?

Notice that by Bethenny's own words, she said she "raised herself" and did not have a close family relationship as an adult. I'm not surprised.
    Her father must have travelled a lot. Her mother? weren't there a lot of marriages?
    In regards to what boarding school in Florida is worth bragging about....ITA with that statement. But, I have many friends whose children attend and have attended boarding schools (mainly east coast schools), they were not too busy for their children.... These parents had to make a difficult choice but felt it was the right choice by both parent and child. Whether you agree or not, my point is that there is a huge misconception regarding boarding schools. Many think it boarding schools are strictly for troubled kids and that simply is not true. Each kid that went away for school that I knew came out to be well adjusted, well educated, bright adults ready for the next challenge in their life. Whether it be an Ivy League school or public college, each and every one is on their way to becoming a successful individual.
    Last edited by luvsginger; 04-06-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added on

I have a friend who went to boarding school in the UK because his father was an ambassador and his parents wanted stability for six years of his education. He loved the time there and always says that he knew his parents weren't trying to get rid of him, as some kids feel. This echoes in Bethanny's words about her experience.
    My upper school had boarding; I was a day student and had many boarding friends. I saw a mix but mainly there were girls who were there because they did not have good day schools close to their homes. Some came from ranches and were quite happy with the urban experience. Oddly, my male cousin, at twelve, chose to board at a military school in our home town because he believed it would be better for him both academically and socially.
    Boarding school is not for everyone, but it serves many well.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithDelight;2896371;
    I truly hope that they have read each and every post,and maybe, just maybe, a couple of these individuals will wake up.
    Ramona definitely better start acting like a mother instead of a "peep".
    Alex and Simon had better figure out soon that once their money is gone, so are these so-called "friends" of theirs.
    LuAnn had better begin treating her housekeeper/cook/nanny/slave better than she does now-does LuAnn not know how badly she is coming off,plus that downright bold-faced lie she told to her little son-she should really apologize to him and make amends by staying home at night with the children.They are her most valuable treasure.
    Bethenny needs to stop drinking and maybe go to a clinic. She will never be the next Martha Stewart,especially if she keeps up the boozing.
    Jill should never change-she is super!
    I wasn't aware that we needed a new Martha Stewart. One is quite enough thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2896501;
    Our ladies made the front of Page Six today --

'HOUSEWIVES' COSTS EXEC HIS JOB - New York Post

If you read all the way through, it seems as though Jason is not the only one this has brought attention to. Ramona was called into the headmaster's office to disuss Avery's use of the term "lezzies" on one of the episodes.
    No wonder Bethany is so distraught about her "non-relationship" with Jason. If she can't hook him into a common law or legal marriage, then she won't be able to get her hands on part of that $55,000,000 settlement Jason might come up with.

Seems his company wanted to get rid of him and used this show as an excuse to do so.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2898466;
    Seems his company wanted to get rid of him and used this show as an excuse to do so.
    That's what I am thinking too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2898466;
    Then they should of used the REAL reason they wanted to terminate him. I would think it would hold up better in a lawsuit then just because he was a background person on a cable tv show.

If he wasn't performing at work, then this is just icing on the cake. I talked to a "real" executive to get his feedback. At first he said they couldn't fire someon for their particiaption on a silly TV show. Then we went into further discussion about the content of show, "guilt by association", etc., etc. Then I re-posed the question to him. Funny how his entire countenance changed as I revealed more of what the show entailed, etc., etc. I aksed again if he would fire someone based on that. His story changed a lot. He'd have fired the guy's behind. I asked what he thought the board of directors would do to him if he did such a show (which was based on so much hypothetical thinking). After listening to all of his protestations as to why he wouldn't do something like that in the first place, he agreed that being canned was a pretty good idea.

Again, so many details we don't know. But I enjoyed hashing the whole thing out with someone that really lives in that world on a daily basis.

Side, side side bar. I also mentioned to him that there were accompanying articles that stated Bethenny (her words, not mine) did the show at the insistence of her boyfriend. I don't have links to all the articles, but if you do a google search, you'll find that she stated that several times.

Also, I think the same thing happened to Kimberly's husband on OC in Season One; they just kept it under better wraps and then told some accompanying lies.
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

FORT Regular

Well, I still thinks boarding schools suck, but I'm willing to concede that somewhere, someone has thrived in one!

So, Jason wanted her to do it? Strange, because he doesn't seem a willing participant.

Maybe he knew he was getting ousted and wanted another breadwinner?
    That would just be too machiavellian.

Closed Thread