Closed Thread
Page 46 of 440 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2896631;
    Allyson's MySpace says she is 18, that would make Jill an awful young mother. Of course we know Allyson isn't that old, I can see not putting totally true info on a public site, but they tell Allyson's age on the show, so I don't get it.
    I understand not putting maybe her daughters real age but Jill could be honest about hers. I mean I will be 32 in a month and I think I look way younger than Jill.

I was just watching a rerun of the show and Hooray! I finally got to see Simon leaning on the lamppost! Tooooo gooooood! Now I know why you guys mentioned it before. Is it me or do Ramona and her husband seem mismatched? He's way too good looking for her. Also, Ramona walks around like farmer (don't want to insult farmers) with her arms out, very manly. I'm so sick and tired of every woman on TV telling me how special or gifted their child is. Get over it Ramona. Avery ain't that special. Probably a very nice kid but overwhelmingly average, like you!

FORT Regular

As one of the articles on this show stated, Alex is the youngest of the housewives, and she's at least 35. So Jill being only 32 is out of the question.
    Bravo spinoff 'Real Housewives of New York City' debuts in March

"Five New York women will get their time in the spotlight: Bethenny Frankel, LuAnn de Lesseps, Ramona Singer and Jill Zarin of the upper East Side and Alex McCord of Cobble Hill, the sole non- Manhattan show subject and the youngest of the New York "housewives" at 34."
    -----------------------------------------------------------

I don't mind Ramona at all. She has a steady head on her shoulders, and I really appreciate her emphasizing that women need to make their own money rather than being dependant on anyone else. My mom always told me that, so maybe that's why I don't mind Ramona giving that advice to her daughter. Avery, to me, is just annoying. She's a bit ho hum, and someone who's in her own world most of the time. I wouldn't mind never seeing her in any future episodes.

Their party and fighting next week is something to look forward to. If I was one of the other ladies, I probably would have told Simon to you-know-what. He's not a little kid; bringing your kid when you go out when there's no one else at home is understandable, having a tagging adult when he's not invited, isn't. He comes off as very effeminate to me-- why would he like to go to an all-female party, anyway? The fact that Alex takes him along is even worse. Dumb and dumber.
    Last edited by Carelesshomage; 04-05-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2896501;
    Our ladies made the front of Page Six today --

'HOUSEWIVES' COSTS EXEC HIS JOB - New York Post
    This is extraordinary. If I were fired for something unrelated to my job (I think Poohtz might be right - they were just looking for an excuse to can him), I'd be livid and retaining an attorney. Especially when I would not consider Jason to be "on the show" - more like an unwilling victim.

Too bad - I actually think Jason is the only non-douchebag of the bunch.

(Oh, hi, I'm new here ... nice to find a forum where the snark still exists, Lord knows Bravo had the TWOP forum shut down fast enough!!!)

FORT Newbie

what does to the manor born mean? and why does the count have to work

doesn't he get money from his family to live on? also, who the hell is brooke

astor:

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;2897028;
    As one of the articles on this show stated, Alex is the youngest of the housewives, and she's at least 35. So Jill being only 32 is out of the question.
    Bravo spinoff 'Real Housewives of New York City' debuts in March
    A very popular public database says Jill is 44 and Bobby is 62.

FORT Regular

Brooke Astor is the 102 year old society that just died. She gave a lot of money to different cultural institutions in NY. I think the library and museums.
    Her son was accused of neglecting her in recent years, and Annette della Renta got a judge to get involved with her care and her money. He's trying to sell the Fifth Avenue apt. now for 50 million.
    She married for money, big time.

Except for that, she was considered ""a class act".

Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by computerchick;2897156;
    what does to the manor born mean? and why does the count have to work

doesn't he get money from his family to live on? also, who the hell is brooke

astor:
    To the Manor....means being born into money. Luanne did not come from a very rich family but instead was a model and I guess met the count and married him. He probably has money from his family but likely works as well.

Brooke Astor...well you can google her. She was real society in NYC, blue blood, old money....and a true lady in every sense of the word.
    Last edited by tictac; 04-05-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;2894690;
    I agree that Jill seems like a pretty decent person but I can't get the walking out of the fashion show bit out of my mind. That was bratty and seemed a little out of character for her. To do that, knowing that you're being filmed, was odd. It's not like she hasn't seen the OC women and doesn't know how bad that would make her look. I did enjoy her talking about her dog the other night. I have a fat little, spoiled dog too and could totally relate. She was funny!
    The part that cracked me up was when she asked her gay husband to get her a car, or something...*I mean what did she think her options were: horse, donkey, car, cab, bus...)...and he turned for a second and looked at the policeman standing there, then said, oh ok I'll get a cab. LOL! ! It looked like he was considering a ride in the police car! I had to really laugh at that!

When the women had lunch (or dinner?) together and Luanne and Alex seemed to "hit it off," Jill commented that it was probably because they "were both European." Was she being facetious (since one's from Kansas and the other Connecticut), or just unintelligent?

Closed Thread