Closed Thread
Page 434 of 440 FirstFirst ... 334384424425426427428429430431432433434435436437438439440 LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 4400

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by hajime08;3879696;
    I think a lot of you really missed the boat on Ramona.

It seemed totally obvious that she MEANT to do what she did at Jill's Kodak event. That wasn't some off-the-cuff comment she accidentally made "oops" that happened to ruin Jill's moment in the sun. That was pay back for how Jill talked down to her and insulted her at the Brooklyn fashion show.

First of all... Ramona is not a dunce. If anything, she's OVERLY sensitive.

Secondly, and more importantly, "pay back" is a trend for Ramona. I noticed this early on. She picks up on the *slightest* of slights given her, and she b!tch slaps whoever gave her the slight with twice the force.

. . .

The thing I *don't* get though, is why all of the girls seem to condescend to Ramona so frequently. I mean, it really does seem like they all take turns giving digs to her... When Ramona is mean, it's typically only in the context of pay back.
    I think you're giving Ramona too much credit. I agree, she's not a dunce, but I don't think she's mean. I think she lacks social skills. Not all of her outbursts are recriminatory in nature - nothing provoked her outburst toward Kelly at Saks, and nothing provoked her thoughtless comments to Bethenny on the bridge. Well, nothing except thoughtlessness itself, which I attribute to her lack of social skills.

I happen to like Ramona - I think she's made a successful marriage, a successful family, and a successful business. She comes across as rather awkward, though, uncomfortable in her own skin and very self-conscious of the way she speaks (though in the process, she tends to overlook the "what" she speaks). I see her as the unpopular girl trying to fit in. Of course, I also see Jill with the self-image of the unpopular girl, but Jill strong-arms her way to the top of the food chain (or her perception of the top of the food chain) by being mean and acting superior to people.

I don't think Ramona has serious ulterior motives.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3880049;
    Did you all notice that in this week's episode ( Bethenny doling out food in NYC from the Pepperidge Farm cart ) Bethenny had on same outfit/same hairdo as she did in last week's episode where she met with Jill at Ramona's place?
    That's why I think all these episodes are totally staged. She must ave gone out to the cart after the "ambush" as Jill put it. I didn't think she looked like someone who was just having a crying jag in Ramona's apartment.
    Much too staged, methinks!
    Simon even points this out in his blog. I agree with you though, it's all getting way too staged. I wish I could quit these damn shows.

In Alex's Bravo blog after last week's show, she said that she met with Bethenny right after her run in with Jill, so I assume that scene was filmed on the same day.

Simon even points this out in his blog. I agree with you though, it's all getting way too staged. I wish I could quit these damn shows.

THanks, Bunny, and ReneeKK.
    I haven't checked out Alex or Simon's blogs yet.

And, Renee, I think I need to quit these shows, too, though I may go through severe withdrawal if I do.

I think this is all a ploy on Andy Cohen's part this season to create sympathy and interest for Bethenny as she gets her own new show.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-19-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

I just checked the reviews on Amazon.com for Jill Zarin's new book (written with her mother and her sister). Wow - people are tearing her to pieces. She writes about forgiving people in her book but failed to implement that on her TV series. If the book had come out a year ago, it would have been received much better, I think.

The price of the book has been slashed drastically, indicating the publisher thinks they are going to be stuck with a lemon.

FORT Newbie

Gonna be interesting to see the dynamic between Jill & LuAnn now that LuAnn's friend Sonja is in the picture.
    I know, I wonder how Jill is going to deal with her and LuLu's other friend that will be coming on?

I am not sure I like Sonja, but man--she must have gotten a huge amount of alimony!
    Her Townhouse/Brownstone or whatever it's called is off the chain: man that is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey;3880398;
    I know, I wonder how Jill is going to deal with her and LuLu's other friend that will be coming on?

Her Townhouse/Brownstone or whatever it's called is off the chain: man that is nice.
    What does that expression mean? I've never seen it before.
    TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3880413;
    What does that expression mean? I've never seen it before.
    TIA.
    Awesome. Fantastic. Fabulous. Spectacular. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Any other adjective that are synonyms with the above. :-)

I also heard it as 'off the hook'.

Thanks.

FORT Newbie

Oh crap, another superficial, egomaniacal, twisted sister, Sonja (her name?). Hell, there must be a million women in NY whose lifestyles we could applaud, wish to emulate, look up to. But, no, they give us more stinking trash. Cryin' out loud, ratings could skyrocket if the brought us the real deal.

Sonja kind of reminded me of an older, kind of demented and overly botoxed Marcia Brady.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Closed Thread