Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3878854;
    I think Jill referred to her as "pretty" -- twice, in fact. Actually, I thought she was kinda' homely -- like a "distorted" Barbra Streisand. I don't find her likeable, at least initially.
    Jill's not gonna say anything negative about someone who's got more money & more connections than she does. Jill is a social climber (OK, sorry, that one's obvious).

Jill wondered why she'd never met Sonja Morgan before. Well, Jill's "f-AAAH-bulous" crowd doesn't include people with old-money last names (even if the bearer of the last name slept her way into the last name). Jill always seems shocked to learn that she doesn't know everybody who's supposedly anybody. She has GOT to get over herself.

I thought it was very telling on Thursday's episode that when Jill was commenting about how "low rent" the event was in Brooklyn, she didn't stop at her own opinion - she seemed compelled to project what she guessed LuAnn's reaction would have been. What it told me was that her own actions and reactions are based on what she guesses the reactions would be by someone who she thinks is prettier, hipper, cooler, richer, higher-socially and generally "er"-ier than herself. You know, the underdogs who could be her bffs (for more camera time).

Gonna be interesting to see the dynamic between Jill & LuAnn now that LuAnn's friend Sonja is in the picture.

Observation about Luann and Sonja being friends:

Wasn't it Luann, who last season when Ramona gave advice to Bethany about meeting lots of guys and getting their numbers, was quick to point out how doing that it would make a lady appear slutty. Luann is a hypocrite and she does do the digs all the time.

It almost appears as if she has to put others down to feel good about herself.

FORT Newbie

What a hateful bunch of simpletons. They're watchable only to see them stuff their feet into their mouths. Any attempt to analyze their respective behaviors is a waste. They are worthless blobs of matter, placed in front of the cameras to make utter fools of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaniac;3879186;

Wasn't it Luann, who last season when Ramona gave advice to Bethany about meeting lots of guys and getting their numbers, was quick to point out how doing that it would make a lady appear slutty. Luann is a hypocrite and she does do the digs all the time.

Why, yes I believe you are correct. However, you must remember that the "nobility" expects you to follow rules that they themselves do not have to adhere to.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

When Jill was introduced to Sonja...she was going to say something not so nice about Ramona....till Sonja said she knew Ramona for 20 years. It even looked like Luann didn't even know that their relationship went back that far.
    Why Jill feels compelled to say something negative about someone constantly is very telling of her true character.

An example: Ramona at the fashion show. Ramona comes up to Jill and the first thing out of Miss Jealous is that the necklace doesn't go with the outfit. First of all...who asked you? Second...why not keep your snarky opinion to yourself and simply say 'you look nice'....or 'that dress looks good on you'....or 'good luck & have fun out there'.
    I thought Simon was very tolerant of her and her comments and he was probably thrilled when she did leave.

I also felt kinda sorry for Ramona and have to wonder why she feels the need to be accepted by these women. She's like the person in the room who has to talk louder and laugh louder than everyone else...just to be noticed. It was obvious that she was nervous about the show to the point of making herself sick and therefore looked strange as she did her walk.

But....I do think that there is something truly wrong with her mentally. She doesn't seem to have that 'censor' in her brain that most of us possess. She too can be insulting and ignorant....will be the first one to call someone else on that behavior...but never sees it in herself.
    She and her husband are successful (more so than Jill)....so why not just focus on that and her family.

Can't wait to see how Sonja and the fact that she knows Ramona longer than anyone else....will sit with Countless and the Green Eyed Monster (Jill).

I'm glad I saw this show...as I usually skip them and just come here to find out what happened...but when I saw the preview commercial of Ramona on the runway...I couldn't resist.

Why yes that was her! I guess royalty has their own rules. But now we know evidently she has slept her way through the men of Manhattan (by the looks of what I have watched on the show, it almost seems like she wants Jill to be her next bed partner). Why are they calling her the Countess? She is divorced. Are titles something that you retain after a divorce?

I am not sure I like Sonja, but man--she must have gotten a huge amount of alimony!

Ramona's runway was priceless! The highlight of the show.

As for Bethenny--my take on the pregnancy test is that either she keeps one for times of panic or she got one of the boxes of 2 and she already had taken a test and knew it was positive, but someone with Bravo thought it would be a good idea if they could recreate that moment for the camera. I thought it was more weird she peed in front of everyone.

FORT Newbie

I think a lot of you really missed the boat on Ramona.

It seemed totally obvious that she MEANT to do what she did at Jill's Kodak event. That wasn't some off-the-cuff comment she accidentally made "oops" that happened to ruin Jill's moment in the sun. That was pay back for how Jill talked down to her and insulted her at the Brooklyn fashion show.

First of all... Ramona is not a dunce. If anything, she's OVERLY sensitive.

Secondly, and more importantly, "pay back" is a trend for Ramona. I noticed this early on. She picks up on the *slightest* of slights given her, and she b!tch slaps whoever gave her the slight with twice the force.

Ex: Bethenny made a slightly snarky comment about her logo (last season) when she was having that party about her Tru Renewal or whatever skincare line that was coming out. Bethenny was making the point that her logo wasn't consistent or something & Ramona immediately became defensive.

That night, she called Bethenny "the underdog" and claimed that was why Jill liked her. I mean, that may have been true... but Ramona knew that was kind of a mean comment to make (regardless of truth). And I bet if Bethenny had reigned in her snark earlier that evening and hadn't hurt Ramona's feelings, Ramona would have kept that bit of truth to herself.

Same with the fight (last season) with LuAnne, when LuAnne basically implied Ramona was a skank at the charity event. So Ramona came back with a slap of her own, which *really* riled LuAnne.

Anyway, same thing happened here with Jill. Jill was way condescending to Ramona at the fashion show. So Ramona came in with that little bit of snark prepared. I mean, come on, that was the first thing she said to Jill! She prepared that Q. And when she approached Kelly *during* Jill's presentation, don't tell me she wasn't hoping it would throw off Jill's moment on stage! It was all pay back, not mindless or accidental at all.

The thing I *don't* get though, is why all of the girls seem to condescend to Ramona so frequently. I mean, it really does seem like they all take turns giving digs to her... When Ramona is mean, it's typically only in the context of pay back.

KK4
    FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hajime08;3879696;
    I think a lot of you really missed the boat on Ramona.

It seemed totally obvious that she MEANT to do what she did at Jill's Kodak event. That wasn't some off-the-cuff comment she accidentally made "oops" that happened to ruin Jill's moment in the sun. That was pay back for how Jill talked down to her and insulted her at the Brooklyn fashion show.

First of all... Ramona is not a dunce. If anything, she's OVERLY sensitive.

Secondly, and more importantly, "pay back" is a trend for Ramona. I noticed this early on. She picks up on the *slightest* of slights given her, and she b!tch slaps whoever gave her the slight with twice the force.

Ex: Bethenny made a slightly snarky comment about her logo (last season) when she was having that party about her Tru Renewal or whatever skincare line that was coming out. Bethenny was making the point that her logo wasn't consistent or something & Ramona immediately became defensive.

That night, she called Bethenny "the underdog" and claimed that was why Jill liked her. I mean, that may have been true... but Ramona knew that was kind of a mean comment to make (regardless of truth). And I bet if Bethenny had reigned in her snark earlier that evening and hadn't hurt Ramona's feelings, Ramona would have kept that bit of truth to herself.

Same with the fight (last season) with LuAnne, when LuAnne basically implied Ramona was a skank at the charity event. So Ramona came back with a slap of her own, which *really* riled LuAnne.

Anyway, same thing happened here with Jill. Jill was way condescending to Ramona at the fashion show. So Ramona came in with that little bit of snark prepared. I mean, come on, that was the first thing she said to Jill! She prepared that Q. And when she approached Kelly *during* Jill's presentation, don't tell me she wasn't hoping it would throw off Jill's moment on stage! It was all pay back, not mindless or accidental at all.

The thing I *don't* get though, is why all of the girls seem to condescend to Ramona so frequently. I mean, it really does seem like they all take turns giving digs to her... When Ramona is mean, it's typically only in the context of pay back.
    Of course she meant to do what she did. And remember, payback can be a b*tch. She forgets about Karma, however.
    Ramona is a hoot. Her face on that runway, my gawd....and she thought she did fine. LOL
    Her daughter just wanting to watch the renewal says a lot.

Did you all notice that in this week's episode ( Bethenny doling out food in NYC from the Pepperidge Farm cart ) Bethenny had on same outfit/same hairdo as she did in last week's episode where she met with Jill at Ramona's place?
    That's why I think all these episodes are totally staged. She must ave gone out to the cart after the "ambush" as Jill put it. I didn't think she looked like someone who was just having a crying jag in Ramona's apartment.
    Much too staged, methinks!
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-19-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3880049;
    Did you all notice that in this week's episode ( Bethenny doling out food in NYC from the Pepperidge Farm cart ) Bethenny had on same outfit/same hairdo as she did in last week's episode where she met with Jill at Ramona's place?
    That's why I think all these episodes are totally staged. She must ave gone out to the cart after the "ambush" as Jill put it. I didn't think she looked like someone who was just having a crying jag in Ramona's apartment.
    Much too staged, methinks!
    In Alex's Bravo blog after last week's show, she said that she met with Bethenny right after her run in with Jill, so I assume that scene was filmed on the same day.

Closed Thread