Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

According to Joy Behar's site, she is scheduled to interview Jill Zarin on April 21. On the east coast, it's 9 p.m. on HLN. Sometimes dates get changed around a lot on these show, but that's the date for now.

I'm sure Jill is peddling her new book. I've got a hold on it at my library when it arrives.

I wonder if they will explore why Jill is acting so nasty on the show. I believe you can submit questions in advance.

Yesterday's episode was VERY annoying. Jill, Luann, and Sonja are some of the most materialistic women I've seen. It's all about name dropping and what designer you are wearing.

Jill was being so rude at the fashion show. SO RUDE!! She should have just pretended to not feel good and leave. I hope Simon tells Alex what she was saying. Jill clearly has the 'I can do/say what I want but don't you dare do the same to me' mentality because I don't really see how Ramona was more rude to Jill. At least Ramona had the guts to say it to her face.

I thought it was weird that Bethenny had a test lying around, I mean, I'm trying to get pregnant and I don't usually have pregnancy tests in my house. I also don't recall having them around when I was single. She must have had a scare before.

I'm not sure how I like the new chick.

I was laughing while watching Watch What Happens because Andy was clearly not believe her excuses. It was even more funny when Jill was blaming editing and the 'cutting room floor' and said 'you know Andy, you saw it' and he said 'I didn't see anything' (I'm paraphrasing) HA!

I was not impressed with Gloria.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3875025;
    It's not that Jill is hateful - she probably isn't - but I think she's very unlikeable. Seems to me she's carrying some huge chip on her shoulder, she's insecure, she's phony, she's a snob, and she likes to think she's smarter and more right than other people. To me, her behavior indicates she still thinks of herself of the unpopular girl who latches on to the popular, pretty girl who shows her some attention (LuAnn). I see a healthy dose of "if they could see me now" thrown in there, too. A gal like Jill can only think she can make herself seem better by making other people seem worse.

I'd be interested in learning what a physiognomist would have to say about Jill's facial expressions (or lack thereof) when she does her talking heads shots. To me, she always comes across as saying things she doesn't really believe - she doesn't smile when she says positive things and she keeps an unnaturally neutral look when she says negative things. I just find her phony and unlikeable.
    Well said!
    Peekaboo...I see you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3878409;
    Yesterday's episode was VERY annoying. Jill, Luann, and Sonja are some of the most materialistic women I've seen. It's all about name dropping and what designer you are wearing.

Jill was being so rude at the fashion show. SO RUDE!! She should have just pretended to not feel good and leave. I hope Simon tells Alex what she was saying. Jill clearly has the 'I can do/say what I want but don't you dare do the same to me' mentality because I don't really see how Ramona was more rude to Jill. At least Ramona had the guts to say it to her face.

I thought it was weird that Bethenny had a test lying around, I mean, I'm trying to get pregnant and I don't usually have pregnancy tests in my house. I also don't recall having them around when I was single. She must have had a scare before.

<b>I was laughing while watching Watch What Happens because Andy was clearly not believe her excuses. It was even more funny when Jill was blaming editing and the 'cutting room floor' and said 'you know Andy, you saw it' and he said 'I didn't see anything' (I'm paraphrasing) HA! </b>

Jill kept plugging the book on "Watch What Happens" and Andy kept saying "enough already with the book, the book!" (also paraphrasing). On the one hand, they did schedule Jill & her mom on the day their book comes out but on the other hand, Andy wasn't asking about the book - Jill was just throwing it into every answer she gave regardless of whether or not it related to the topic.

I doubt that appearance did anything to improve Jill's reputation.

Also, a comment here on facelifts - Gloria's face looked lovely but it's too bad she couldn't move it in any direction, and also, the hands give away age (remember the Ivory liquid commercials?).

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3878226;
    Sweet Bobby. What a great guy.
    Bobby isn't that sweet. It's not like Bethenny didn't care. She did send him some flowers and called him. She may not have come to visit, but she still wished him well. Bobby shoud have made her read the letter. I think that Gloria, Jill's mom, and Bobby enable Jill's bad behavior. They should stop making her seem like a victim. I really think that the apple does not fall far from the tree. Jill behavior is learned...maybe from Gloria? They both make excuses.
    Peekaboo...I see you!

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo;3878427;
    Well said!
    Thanks, Peekaboo!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo;3878438;
    Bobby isn't that sweet. It's not like Bethenny didn't care. She did send him some flowers and called him. She may not have come to visit, but she still wished him well. Bobby shoud have made her read the letter. I think that Gloria, Jill's mom, and Bobby enable Jill's bad behavior. They should stop making her seem like a victim. I really think that the apple does not fall far from the tree. Jill behavior is learned...maybe from Gloria? They both make excuses.
    I never said Bethenny didn't care, nor make efforts (For the record, I think she did), so I don't get you connecting that with me posting Bobby is sweet. I think he is. When Mario and Jill got into it last season, Bobby was gracious. Many other times, too. Seems to be a "good guy" to me.

The Discountless has a single coming out????? Seriously???? I may never listen to a radio again.

What makes these women think thay can sing, write books, design clothes & jewerly (Romana not included) & beauty products.

I don't blame Bethenny on wanting the conversation with Jill filmed. I would too.

The mentioning of "who" they are wearing & the costs...I wonder if they leave the tags on so the item can be returned.

I believe I am done with this entire franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3878409;

I was laughing while watching Watch What Happens because Andy was clearly not believe her excuses. It was even more funny when Jill was blaming editing and the 'cutting room floor' and said 'you know Andy, you saw it' and he said 'I didn't see anything' (I'm paraphrasing) HA!

I always kept a box in medicine cabinet. A girl never knows. Now what I did think was weird was that she let the camera crew show her on the toilet taking the test. I didn't see her wash her hands, she just wipe them on the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3878224;
    Peek-a-boo potty pic. Yeah, we could have done without that shot.
    I should consider myself lucky, then. I moissed that.
    I only saw her checking out the pregnancy tube on the bathroom counter. I guess I was more focused on how tiny and ordinary a bathroom she has. After seeing the other ladies' places, I just expected hers to be nore spectacular, I guess.

As far as Sonia, I liked that she said nothing negative about the ex. That's a smart thing - esp. considering the alimony that family must be giving her. But, overall, I liked that.
    However, she comes across as a 50+ cougar! Hate to say that, but she seems pretty desperate the way she went on about her sex life, etc. Classy people don't need to tell about everything. And, all the plastic surgery she's had makes her look like what I call the "LA Look". It's a face and body that has seen so much surgery that it starts to look like every person who has had the same surgery done. I was surprised to hear Jill make that comment about how "beautiful" Sonia was. I think Bravo made her say that. There are lots of adjectives I might use to describe Sonia, but beautiful would not be among them.
    Kelly was correct when she said that the yellow dress made her look like Big Bird and a football linebacker. And, while I think Kelly is extremely attractive and has great hair, her hairline is not that flattering and should not have been exposed like it was with that hairstyle. Ramona's outfit was pretty horrid, too. Alex probably looked the best, but I don't think that's saying much. These are 3 very attractive women and not 1 of them looked really good. That designer, IMO, was not at all flattering to women.
    BTW, Ramona's looks on the runway were priceless. And, her little tete a tete with Mario was pretty priceless, too. She just doesn't have that ability to "edit" herself like Jill said. That's probably why she's so funny on this show.

I watched Andy's show. Gloria looks like she went to Joan Rivers' plastic surgeon. Way too much surgery. Awful.
    I think Andy lit into Jill - certainly way more than he typically does on these shows. I do hope that Jill grows from this because she really is not looking very nice. And, it seems to me that she does, in fact, have a very good and big heart. I do hope that she and Bethenny can mend fences. Life is too short.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-16-2010 at 02:27 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Closed Thread