Closed Thread
Page 43 of 440 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Apparently, Ramona got the group together, with lots of prodding. Bethenny and Jill were friends before this which is pretty obvious from their interactions.
    AND, Bethenny and Jill are each other's number one myspace friend....lol. Actually, Jill has Bethenny as her number one, but Bethenny's number one is her dog....Jill is number two!

FORT Regular

The housewives are on myspace? What are the addresses?

FORT Newbie

Luann is certainly the pick of the bunch, IMO. However, it's not like she's "to the manor born."

I mean, wasn't she a nurse? I doubt it something she pursued on altruistic grounds. Obviously, there was a time when the woman wasn't married to the count and had to earn her own dough. And it wasn't a seven figure salary.

Luann is clearly a lot brighter and more savvy than the other woman. She also seems more comfortable with who she is and content with her position in life. She's married to a stinking rich Count, she's gorgeous, why shouldn't she be comfortable in her own skin. To her the show's a laugh. She's just looking for a little amusement in her life, I think.

FORT Newbie

The housewives are on myspace? What are the addresses?
    I haven't been on this site long enough to post a link apparently, but if you go to myspace and search for bethenny frankel, you can go to her page from there....oh yea, we're totally friends! lol.

And Jill is one of her friends so you can click on her page as well...I didn't look for the other wives, I just wanted to "friend" Bethenny for fun.

I totally agree about Luann just doing the show for fun....she's full of herself, but she has very good social skills....granted, she's usually making a catty comment or dissing someone to their face, all while wearing a big, gracious smile on her face, it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2893703;
    even though the oc group was just as disfunctional as the ny group i think they were more likeable, kinda like a cute, but dumb dog, fun to watch but harmless..these new york people are like a basket of snakes, nothing fun about that, hate and bad vibes seem to be all around them...
    I've been trying to figure out why this show depresses me and you hit the nail on the head! Hate and bad vibes! I could watch the OC women episodes over and over but I have a hard time watching a NY episode once.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I see more superficiality among the NY group. The OC group seem to really share some warmth between the women.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2894581;
    I see more superficiality among the NY group. The OC group seem to really share some warmth between the women.
    I see that too. But I wonder how much of that is due to the women themselves, and how much of that is the circumstances of the set up. More of the OC women knew each other prior to the show than the NYC women did. Additionally, in the first season of the OC women, they didn't really have them interact with each other all that often. So by the time we saw them really spend a lot of set up time together, they knew each other well from having been on the show together.

With the New York women, they've pushed them all together right off the bat. So we're seeing them getting to know each other, as opposed to spending time with people they already know well. Don't more superficial things come out when you're first getting to know someone than they do once you've gotten to know them well?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yes, you're right, but it seems like they try to "out superficial" each other...if that makes sense. I think I'd rather be in NY instead of OC, but these NY women are just "yuck" to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

I agree w/what is being said, except I personally think Jill is very "real." I don't think she is playing a part or trying to be anything she's not, or trying to get anywhere socially, since she is the "connector" type and she seems content where she is. Unlike Alex, who is desperately "climbing," or Bethenny, who is desperately trying to get married. I have liked her since the first show, and I really liked when she was telling Bethenny that she shouldn't run away to Miami. She is the only one to me who really seems like a friend and not just a social climber. I also liked the episode where she shopped with her mom, which showed that she really is who she appears to be.

I agree that Jill seems like a pretty decent person but I can't get the walking out of the fashion show bit out of my mind. That was bratty and seemed a little out of character for her. To do that, knowing that you're being filmed, was odd. It's not like she hasn't seen the OC women and doesn't know how bad that would make her look. I did enjoy her talking about her dog the other night. I have a fat little, spoiled dog too and could totally relate. She was funny!

Closed Thread