Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

  1. #4261
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3875158;
    I'm looking forward to seeing Ramona on the runway this week.
    The preview looked priceless.
    Combo of "deer caught in the headlights," and "woman on a mission."

  2. #4262
    FORT Fogey redsox girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    live in the now
    Posts
    2,790

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

    Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3875192;
    Yes, Bethenny is thinner now than she was a couple of years ago, but she wasn't at all "heavy" in the those links, IMHO. Also, in the headshot pic, the one on the left just shows her lines around her mouth more prominently than in the pic on the right. The lines are still there, but maybe a better makeup job in the pic on the right. I've always thought Bethenny looked great -- then, and now.
    I agree, I thinks he's quite pretty. She reminds me of Elaine from Seinfeld, a bit.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

  3. #4263
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

    Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3875204;
    Combo of "deer caught in the headlights," and "woman on a mission."
    OMG.
    That is just a perfect description!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  4. #4264
    FORT Fan Gandolf 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    169

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

    Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3874936;
    I don't either. This is all edited remember to slant in different directions. Whatever makes a good story.
    This is not directed at you ...just picked one to reply to:

    Just a few thoughts-
    IF Jill is not as bad as some of you think....why has she deleted all negative comments from her facebook, website and closed her twitter account from comments.

    It is according to her "9 months" after the fact, why is she still bashing B. any chance she gets? She was on the Insider a few weeks ago and even though Jill was not invited, she told about how B's wedding was a circus. How would she know when she was not there???? Also made other nasty comments about B.

    Jill went to Israel after the last show aired....coincidence I think not. When she came home, she was on her sister Lisa's radio show still trying to spin this her way. Jill keeps alluding to "you haven't seen the whole thing yet", "Bravo edited the shows this way," and my personal fav-"they were all told to bring it this year or some of them won't be holding an apple next season"
    Vehemently denied by Bravo(not just Andy). She is grasping at straws and failing miserably.

    I think Jill really thought the show revolved around her and that the "fans" would love her and take her side. She is getting a huge backlash for that thinking. Now she is trying to put some sort of positive spin on this as her book is coming out. Which by the way, has been discounted down to $11.95.
    Pretty sad for a book which isn't even on the shelf yet.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

  5. #4265
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,329

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

    Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3874205;
    Wow-- Kelly is WAY past the flirting,tossing hair,huge grinning and giggling age,isn't she? I hate how she acts around men! I think she put on that act around the writer so he'd write a good article about her. I thought to myself that she'd not really go out with him, just wanted to ensure he'd write a good article. Reminds me of high school 'player' type girls. (I actually thought the guy was laughing at her at first and baiting her with the book remarks, but later I decided he thought maybe he had an easy old couguar by the tail!) I agree with the above poster: She needs face powder-- STAT!
    I will admit to thinking him too intelligent for her and on review, it does seem like he's quietly belittling her only she's too dumb (so was I!) to notice it. I would like to think the giggle/flirt/toss hair is due as somebody else hyphotesized to insecurity, as I still think Kelly basically nice and not rude.

    I hope the producers have planted a 'mole' on the show in Luanne. Surely no one would act like her. Trying to break up a reconcilliation between two old friends because she wanted to be the best friend now! How jr high is that? And to me the whole bar scene where Bethany had to drive so far to meet her was odd. Luanne almost seemed like she was being fed her lines in an ear mike or something. Like she was told things to say to push Bethany's buttons or something. If not, then she's got a problem and I'm glad she's not in my circle of friends.
    She really acted badly, rudely, and nastily, but then Bethenny did call her a 'snake' - even if I don't agree that B deserved that treatment, I don't think that I can fault LuLu for it.

  6. #4266
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,056

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

    Okay with Kelly, even IF she had a pre-written questionare, she still needs to learn to self-edit. Would she have asked the same question to a 90 year old? There just comes a point where she needs to realize that some questions that need not be asked to everyone. It seems like this woman's maturity stopped at 16.

    Bethenny, the "snake" remark to Lulu, yes kind of low but honestly, snake isn't THAT bad. Lulu put herself up on that throne so if she gets a few tomatoes thrown at her, sorry but it comes with the "title". I believe I heard "B" mention that she was frustrated with everytime she got together with Lulu "B" was stuck paying the bill. You know of course Countesses can not be bothered carrying around nasty cash or credit cards.

    I wonder if Jill is donating the used clothes that Saks refused to take on return. I do think there is more to her & "B's" story & there might have been a possible reconcilation between them but Lulu got Jill out of there before that could happen. THAT is what makes her a snake.

  7. #4267
    Just passin through SassnSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    495

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

    Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3875941;
    I will admit to thinking him too intelligent for her and on review, it does seem like he's quietly belittling her only she's too dumb (so was I!) to notice it. I would like to think the giggle/flirt/toss hair is due as somebody else hyphotesized to insecurity, as I still think Kelly basically nice and not rude.


    She really acted badly, rudely, and nastily, but then Bethenny did call her a 'snake' - even if I don't agree that B deserved that treatment, I don't think that I can fault LuLu for it.



    jill told the other ladies that luann admitted to the dig at the fashion show. i would havve went off on luann as well. bethenny has a mouth on her but at least she owns up to it and will apologize. with luann it's deny deny deny then admit it to her chum behind your back. where's does behavior like that play in her so called book of manners. the classless discountless is full of it and all of the cast mates know it. including jill.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

  8. #4268
    FORT Fan meemee2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    181

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

    Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3875941;
    She really acted badly, rudely, and nastily, but then Bethenny did call her a 'snake' ...
    Well LuAnn did request Bethenny to say that stuff to her face and not behind her back. I bet LuAnn is regretting that request! LOL

  9. #4269
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3875841;
    This is not directed at you ...just picked one to reply to:

    Just a few thoughts-
    IF Jill is not as bad as some of you think....why has she deleted all negative comments from her facebook, website and closed her twitter account from comments.

    It is according to her "9 months" after the fact, why is she still bashing B. any chance she gets? She was on the Insider a few weeks ago and even though Jill was not invited, she told about how B's wedding was a circus. How would she know when she was not there???? Also made other nasty comments about B.

    Jill went to Israel after the last show aired....coincidence I think not. When she came home, she was on her sister Lisa's radio show still trying to spin this her way. Jill keeps alluding to "you haven't seen the whole thing yet", "Bravo edited the shows this way," and my personal fav-"they were all told to bring it this year or some of them won't be holding an apple next season"
    Vehemently denied by Bravo(not just Andy). She is grasping at straws and failing miserably.


    I think Jill really thought the show revolved around her and that the "fans" would love her and take her side. She is getting a huge backlash for that thinking. Now she is trying to put some sort of positive spin on this as her book is coming out. Which by the way, has been discounted down to $11.95.
    Pretty sad for a book which isn't even on the shelf yet.
    I'm not exonerating Jill here. Nor will I exonerate Bethenny or Luann or anyone else.
    However, I will say that the show has, indeed, ratcheted up the drama this season and that seems pretty obvious. Same thing seemed to occur on the OC Housewives.
    And, quite frankly, I'm not overly trusting of a network that denies any duplicity in the White House Party Crasher couple, yet is going to be showcasing them on their DC show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #4270
    FORT Fanatic Hobbes07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sunflower field
    Posts
    670

    Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

    Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3875941;
    I will admit to thinking him too intelligent for her and on review, it does seem like he's quietly belittling her only she's too dumb (so was I!) to notice it. I would like to think the giggle/flirt/toss hair is due as somebody else hyphotesized to insecurity, as I still think Kelly basically nice and not rude.
    I remember watching this and thinking 'he's totally making fun of her and she's too stupid to realize it'. I was surprised that he even asked for her number.

    I wonder if she truly decided not to go out with him for the reasons she said or if he never called.



    She really acted badly, rudely, and nastily, but then Bethenny did call her a 'snake' - even if I don't agree that B deserved that treatment, I don't think that I can fault LuLu for it.
    I still don't get why Luann has this HUGE problem with being called a snake but doesn't seem to even care/comment on/deny when she is called a cheating slut!! Hopefully, this will be brought up at the reunion.

Closed Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.