Closed Thread
Page 42 of 440 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

If it has become very very popular,. Bravo WILL bring it back for a second season,jusy like "Top Chef", "....Model"..."Housewives of Orange County"-all these shoows hit it big with the public. I love Top Chef"!
    All of you folks who have made comments have all been right about something/someone. I really enjoy reading what the rest of you think,and you have all,every single one of you, have hit the nail on the head,whether it be about Ramona, or Alex,etc.
    I really do not like Bethenny at all-she is trying to convince herself that she is the next Martha Stewart but I can't see that ever happening. She is also very resentful and jealous of the other women being moms-she always has something nasty to say about their parenting, or the names, etc.
    I still like Jill a lot! As for Allyson having arthritis, yes,it happens a LOT to kids. My orthopediac surgeon told me that I was developing OA in my late teens and early 20's -it is genetic. So,,,,now I have had both hips replaced in less than 2 1/2 years and am now working on a knee. And maybe a shoulder. And my toe hurts in the damp weather. It has eaten up 2 discs in my lower back. If Allyson does have arthritis, I am hoping that Jill has had her checked for Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and also Lyme Disease.

FORT Fanatic

I really hated this show the first time I watched, well I still do, but these women are so much fun to make fun of.

Hi, everyone: I'm new. Does anyone think that the NY housewives know that this show is not to depict their lives as enviable? Do they really think viewers are salivating at what they wish were their lives? Do they know the joke is on them? I wonder how the show is sold to them.

FORT Regular

Welcome Livjack.
    I don't think they know at all.
    Which is what is so...confounding.
    They think they are glamorous, but they're not.
    The truly glamorous... live it, they don't announce it.
    And the wealthiest people I have ever known have never mentioned their extreme wealth, and when asked, will downplay all of it.

The Miami trip is a case in point. Bethenny makes sure she mentions she knows the restaurant owner. Better if that was shown, not told.
    Her emphasis on the BOARDING school friend, not just school friend-was laughable too.
    I went to boarding school. I never refer to it as that.
    Unless I am specifically recounting horrors attached to being at boarding school, when only a little girl.
    It's not really something to brag about and that is what she was doing in her own inimitable way.

My late friend Kenny was the wealthiest person I ever knew. His family didn't have homes-they had compounds (Two that I visited, at least).
    They owned a Raphael and "the other Mona Lisa". That's how I realized he was related to the Royal Family, and big corporate founders here in the U.S.
    Because I happened to read about it in a book. Despite knowing him for years, he had never thought to mention the family castle filled with Renaissance masterpieces.
    And he took the subway.
    Last edited by Juliana; 04-03-2008 at 08:27 PM.

FORT Fogey

Juliana, that is SO true about the really wealthy. Many years ago I was friends with a SUPER GREAT looking guy that when asked his father was a life insurance salesman and his mother sold Avon. A real turn off to many females looking for a meal ticket. I was one of the few that knew his father was the VP/CEO of a very large oil company!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by livjack;2892801;
    Hi, everyone: I'm new. Does anyone think that the NY housewives know that this show is not to depict their lives as enviable? Do they really think viewers are salivating at what they wish were their lives? Do they know the joke is on them? I wonder how the show is sold to them.
    if they didnt know before, im sure they do now, since we have trashed them daily for the last month, and yes im pretty sure they have read this site...

FORT Fan

even though the oc group was just as disfunctional as the ny group i think they were more likeable, kinda like a cute, but dumb dog, fun to watch but harmless..these new york people are like a basket of snakes, nothing fun about that, hate and bad vibes seem to be all around them...

Anyone know if they are going to have a reunion show for the NY housewives like they did for the OC gals?

I will definitely tune in for that!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u;2893703;
    even though the oc group was just as disfunctional as the ny group i think they were more likeable, kinda like a cute, but dumb dog, fun to watch but harmless..these new york people are like a basket of snakes, nothing fun about that, hate and bad vibes seem to be all around them...
    My thoughts exactly!

Next weeks preview showing the Countess defending Simon is amazing. This woman has class. The others could only hope for such presence. True class cannot be purchased the others seem to think it can.That being said,Romona looks like a waitress in a chili parlor so does Alex. Just imagine them in a dirty apron holding an order book,"Ya want that with onions mam?"

Closed Thread