Closed Thread
Page 41 of 440 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

You are not a well woman, Poohtz!!! That was good!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2891725;
    You are not a well woman, Poohtz!!! That was good!!!

I have never claimed anything else...
    Just don't growl too loud, Simon could be headed your way!

...oh NO, Simon is creating smilies now!

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2891593;
    Ok, I'm sorry, but my mind is in the gutter today, so forgive me.

I was thinking about the day that Alex and Simon went shopping, he seemed to like a lot of animal prints. So when he said he needed a stiff drink, was it Alex turning him on or the animal prints that were getting to him?
    He is from Australia where wild animals are plentiful...soooooooooooooooo?

But Simon was talking about cars (Mustangs/Jaguars) with Bethanny and Alex. That was his big lead-in to talk about animals and he MISSED it. OMG. Bethanny was FLIRTING with Simon and he didn't even get it.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2891935;

But Simon was talking about cars (Mustangs/Jaguars) with Bethanny and Alex. That was his big lead-in to talk about animals and he MISSED it. OMG. Bethanny was FLIRTING with Simon and he didn't even get it.
    See, all he has on his mind is animals, so don't be telling me I am sick...ha
    Last edited by Poohtz; 04-03-2008 at 02:50 PM.

FORT Regular

Ladies! Please keep it clean! LOL!

That being said-see how funny WE are, witty and bantering with clever observations (OK a little snarky but they deserve it).
    So why aren't these gals half as funny?

How did Bravo find them? They have to be the most boring rich people I've ever seen.
    They do seem cast for "Type" especially the symbiotic couple.

But where is the NY artist, the NY ball-breaker (a lawyer/broker), the NY artistic success like Jackio O. in publishing or someone in broadcasting or design?
    Ramona doesn't count.

Even the neurotic, but brilliant trust fund gal. I went to Sarah Lawrence. Believe me, the whole school alumnae roster is filled with these types.

Our gals are a little on the boring side, which is what I find so interesting about them. They're pretty narcissistic and self-satisfied-but for no apparent reason.

FORT Fanatic

I can only imagine how Bravo found these women. What was the criteria? Find us some women who "think" they are high class, rich, famous, cool, special, pretty, hot, and what every American woman wants to be! I would imagine the Bravo producers are laughing their butts off at these people too. I'm sure they saved themselves a bundle of money not asking any real socialites to be on the show.

Princess Del Obstreperous LilyBetencourt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;2892273;
    I would imagine the Bravo producers are laughing their butts off at these people too. I'm sure they saved themselves a bundle of money not asking any real socialites to be on the show.
    I can't imagine the casting call- some private dealings , some requests in writing, some lawyers drawing the privacy line- all alongs these fools thinking : " I have arrived" ..." I am bona fide SOCIALITE"..." I am being featured in BRAVO" LOL

Funny pretty funny

No one that has a tad of self respect could in her right mind agree to a reality Tv show unless there is some sort of bipolar disorder in the making deep inside their heads

I doubt there was any casting call. This looks like someone in the group had contacts with Bravo and pitched the deal. Jill seems like the leader, my guess it was her.

I heard them say the finale is coming up!!! I can't believe it is finished already. I want another cycle!!! Nothing has even happened!

Apparently, Ramona got the group together, with lots of prodding. Bethenny and Jill were friends before this which is pretty obvious from their interactions.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

If the NY casting call was as successful as they one they held last year in OC, then you have your answer. Nobody showed for the casting call here. There was an article in the local Newport Beach rag about how the show-up was sparse. No one in their right mind would sign on for such a deal. Key words: "right mind"

I don't know if it's the cast or the premise in general, but the howives were once my crack that I could barely wait for on Tuesday nights. Now, the delivery shows up and I'm not all that eager to dig in. Eventually, I watch, but not with the same sick enthusiasm.

I have to hand it to the editors, they do a fantastic job of the juxtaposition of incongrueties. Like Bethenny blabbing on how all the other women have a screaming biological clock and claiming she does not; while hers isn't a clock, it's freaking Big Ben!! The editors must get great joy out of exposing all the hypocracy. That's the only entertainment value for the show.

Aussie Girl and AttachedCretin just make me sick. That whole birthday thing was disturbing on so many levels. As far as pretending to care about Bethenny, I think not. They just wanted to keep her quiet and away from destroying their potential connections. You can't talk to someone while they're drunk anyway. Losers.
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

Closed Thread