Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I'm definitely Team Jill right now. Jill's husband had cancer. It's very important for your friends and family to be there for you during serious situations like that. If I was going through something like that, and my best friend never went to the hospital with me at least once (unless she was out of the country or something), then yeah, I'd be pissed, too. Especially, if she was choosing to spend all her time with some dude she'd barely just started dating instead of making an attempt to even be supportive of me and my family in our time of need.

Quote Originally Posted by SassnSauce;3851260;
    as jill said there were things that led up to lady b's comment and i have a feeling jill hit her last nerve. used to be team jill but ever since last season she's been getting on my nerves. she thinks the world begins and ends with her. remember her telling bethany that she couldn't have it all. well she does.
    Except it seems that she might be alienating all of her friends to focus on work and this Jason guy. I hope she's not, though. We'll see how the season progresses!

I'm with you on that.
    I expect we'll hear more in the coming weeks about the contributing fators to the breakdown bet. Bethenny and most of the other Housewives. It could, however, just be an attempt by Bravo to make more of a situation than actually exists. Wouldn't be the first time a reality show has done that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3851319;
    Except it seems that she might be alienating all of her friends to focus on work and this Jason guy. I hope she's not, though. We'll see how the season progresses!
    How is that a bad thing? Her friends aren't going to pay her bills?

Like I said, previously, I have a feeling Jill expects her friends to do exactly what she would do in situations. Not everyone works that way and Jill way is not always best. Bethenny should have been there for her BUT I recall her saying that she didn't know how bad it was or something like that.

Communication is key in any relationship.

I also think it's a little ridiculous for Jill to get upset over 'just flowers'. Bethenny acknowledged the situation...it's possible that she couldn't get away to visit because of work, which I think is a legitimate reason.

Jill seems like a high maintenance friend.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3851327;
    How is that a bad thing? Her friends aren't going to pay her bills?

Like I said, previously, I have a feeling Jill expects her friends to do exactly what she would do in situations. Not everyone works that way and Jill way is not always best. Bethenny should have been there for her BUT I recall her saying that she didn't know how bad it was or something like that.

Communication is key in any relationship.

I also think it's a little ridiculous for Jill to get upset over 'just flowers'. Bethenny acknowledged the situation...it's possible that she couldn't get away to visit because of work, which I think is a legitimate reason.

Jill seems like a high maintenance friend.

Nothing is wrong with that. My comment was more of a reference to the "having it all" bit in the comment I quoted. Work is definitely important, but I think it's good to have your life be as balanced as possible: work, family, friends, hobbies, etc. Obviously, that's easier said than done - especially if you're a workaholic.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. If my husband had cancer and my best friend sent me flowers to acknowledge the situation, but never did anything more than that, we would have words. It's like when Bethenny told the Countess that she sent her a fruit basket when she heard about the divorce... "Fruit basket? I wanted a hug."

I don't know, but as someone who is quite a workaholic and in an industry where lots of money and sometimes even people's lives ride on you meeting a deadline, I can still make time to stop by and see my friends, especially during rough times.

But I digress. You could be right and that it was just a communication snafu. Maybe Jill didn't tell Bethenny just how important it was for her to actually physically be there at the hospital as opposed to just sending flowers. *shrug*

we don't know yet at what point in time bobby was ill. but bethany was traveling all over the country promoting her brand and her books. maybe she couldn't just drop everything and actually go. it happens. jill did say that they spoke but not yet about what over the summer. some people don't know how to handle situations like health scares and i can understand that. sending flowers to the hospital is not at all heartless. not saying anyone here said that. it's just jill's tone. i don't really think bethany just dropped jill to be with some guy she met. she's known him like a year and a half i think she said. bethany loves jill. i think jill had an i need you now moment and when bethany couldn't be there she wanted her to feel guilty. i have a friend, older but just like that and it makes me sick. i missed a funeral of a good friend (of nine years) his mother passed. at the time i couldn't take the time off and go to the funeral. i had to work six and sometimes seven days a week. lived alone and he knew it. he hasn't let me forget it. told a huge secret about me and we haven't spoken in 5 years.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

I really like Jill, but in the first episode she is being like the Countess. It reminds me of what happened last season when Bethanny stayed with Jill in the Hamptons, now Jill is staying with LuAnn. I always thought that Jill and Bethanny are funny together, I hope that their friendship gets mended by the end of the season.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3851348;
    If my husband had cancer and my best friend sent me flowers to acknowledge the situation, but never did anything more than that, we would have words. It's like when Bethenny told the Countess that she sent her a fruit basket when she heard about the divorce... "Fruit basket? I wanted a hug." . . . You could be right and that it was just a communication snafu. Maybe Jill didn't tell Bethenny just how important it was for her to actually physically be there at the hospital as opposed to just sending flowers. *shrug*
    But at the time Bobby was ill, Jill and Bethany were not best friends, and that's not how it happened, according to what Bethany told Andy on Watch What Happens. She said that she and Jill had been on the outs, and had not been speaking to each other for quite a while -- when she heard about Bobby's possible cancer. She said she didn't know what to do, because she and Jill had not been speaking, so although it was hard for her, she did call Jill and speak with her to tell her how sorry she was about Bobby, and she also sent flowers.

So under those circumstances, I can appreciate how awkward the situation was for Bethany, and yes, it would've been a good time, perhaps, to try to resolve their differences and bury the hatchet, but sadly, they didn't ---

FORT Fogey

I would have called and asked if there was anything I could do... including being there. But that's just me.

It sounds like they had been having issues, from what Bethenny said in the premier, and that this was the final straw.

FORT Fan

Jill can be supportive and a great friend but I think she tips the scale sometimes over into nosey and pushy.

I keep thinking back to when it was Bethanny's b'day and Jill kept asking/pushing about what gifts she received and Bethanny snapped on her.

I watched this show again and I noticed that on the boat when LuAnn told Ramona what happenedwith Mario , the very first thing Ramona said was "Oh I'm so sorry", yet LuAnn kept going on about it. I think she already had her attack planned and was deteremined to take her frustrations out on Ramona.

i completely disagree. i hate hospitals. i get nervous and weird when i have to go in them. i would not want to spend time in the hospital w my bff and her dying husband bc i think my bad energy would be there. furthermore, i am always my first priority. so trying to build my family and career would def come before supporting anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3851319;
    I'm definitely Team Jill right now. Jill's husband had cancer. It's very important for your friends and family to be there for you during serious situations like that. If I was going through something like that, and my best friend never went to the hospital with me at least once (unless she was out of the country or something), then yeah, I'd be pissed, too. Especially, if she was choosing to spend all her time with some dude she'd barely just started dating instead of making an attempt to even be supportive of me and my family in our time of need.

Closed Thread