Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

^^ agreed. I, for one, find it refreshing that one of these ladies is mature enough to not take sides for the sake of drama. She doesn't have a loyalty either way and so she stays in the middle. What's wrong with that?

I loved it when Ramona was throwing all these horrific insults out at Alex because she is crazy, and all Alex had to say was "And you're rude. So there we are." It was the perfect rise-above, shut-down comeback.

I agree with Imperfect and Tears. Why does Alex have to take sides? If my two friends are fighting I'm not going to get in the middle of it.

FORT Fanatic

I guess I just don't like lukewarm people. Like I don't like how Alex "saw" Kelly's side of things during her "I'm up here and you're down here" thing. Kelly was clearly in the wrong in that situation and if I was Bethany i would have been offended that she didn't take my side when I was clearly right.

I guess in a normal situation I wouldn't be friends with someone who wouldn't stand by me. But you are all right. If no one embraced her and tried to be friends she has no loyalties to anyone and she is just floating along in the show, not causing waves yet trying to be involved.

I think Alex saw that Kelly's "You're down here, I'm up here" remark could be interpreted to mean that Kelly didn't want to take part in the drama that Bethenny invokes. I don't expect my friends to blindly support me without knowing both sides of the story. To me, that's juvenile.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3851007;
    I think Alex saw that Kelly's "You're down here, I'm up here" remark could be interpreted to mean that Kelly didn't want to take part in the drama that Bethenny invokes. I don't expect my friends to blindly support me without knowing both sides of the story. To me, that's juvenile.
    Well considering Alex watched that clip and made her comment on the Reunion show it seems to me she wasn't going into the situation blindly. She saw what happened and still thought Kelly's explanation of the situation was plausible. Which it wasn't. Kelly was making up BS to cover her butt and if someone supported her after the fact that makes them look dumb.

ramona is a nut. what did she do to her eyes? they still look like "crazy eyes" just not as wide!

i'm on team bethanny for now too. "get a hobby" is not a friendship ending comment in my book.

the countless continues to get on my nerves. i thought she was quite rude.

i don't really have an opinion on bethanny's BD yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3848407;
    I'm excited that NYC is back!

Ramona hasn't changed..well her face is a little more 'fresh' looking and she is blonder and shorter but other than that she's still the same crazy Ramona. Ramona should have simply apologized to Luann for Mario's behavior and then told Mario to apologize to her. This is what I would do if my husband made a negative comment about a friend of mine who heard it. It's the right thing to do. Ahhh Ramona I've missed your crazy a*s.

After yesterday's episode I'm siding with Bethenny. I think it's ridiculous that Jill is upset over a comment of 'you need to get a hobby'. I mean, I get that it probably hurt her feelings but GET OVER IT it's not like she was smack talking Bobby, Allison, or her mom behind her back. My goodness, I've had friends say worse things to me and we're still buddies.

Saying all that, I have a feeling I'll be going back and forth between being Team Jill and Team Bethenny this season.

I thought Countess was really rude at the bar when she met up with Bethenny. First she won't meet Bethenny unless it's close to her house, causing Bethenny to drive 2 hours and she gets on Bethenny's case for being late! Also, a Countess should know that it is in bad form to interrupt when someone is speaking. :nono I like the Countess, she's beautiful, blah blah blah but so far she's not showing much class. I can not wait to find out why Bethenny calls Luann a snake.

I'm not sure of Bethenny's boyfriend/baby daddy. He referred to them as Desi and Lucy...I had a dejavu, Simon referred to him and Tamra the same way. I also noticed that while he says he likes her the way she is, he also , I don't know the way to describe it....not put her down but corrected her behavior. Much like how Simon is with Tamra. Hopefully this guy is just coming off bad on TV and is nothing like Simon.

This season seems like it will be fun. Bethenny gets into with everyone!!

embarrased by the PETA ad? did i miss something? what was there even to be embarrassed abt?

i don't think bethanny had any plastic surgery . . . her face has always been a bit oddly angular or something to me.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3848765;
    I'm definitely not on Team Bethenny. She totally annoys me.

I doubt that she and the boyfriend will last. He was totally embarasssed by the Peta Ad. I was, too.

The Countess isn't perfect. But, Ramona should have apologized on behalf of Mario. That's good etiquette.

I think Bethenny has had way too much done to her face. I caught the first few minutes of Watch Andy live. She was totally scary looking. Way too much plastic surgery. At least, Ramona kept her same face/ features when she got the face lift. Bethenny has just made too many changes. Big diffference.

yeah, i thought the slight weirdness w bethanny was due to pregnancy.

i couldn't believe the countless when she was talking abt footing the bill. what the hell?????

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3848975;
    I agree that there is one set of rules for the Countess and another for the rest of the world. Ramona stated that she didn't want to ruin the trip, but Lu had to get it out. She was talking to the wrong person. Also, she knows Ramona's quirks and encouraged her to go off on a bipolar episode in my opinion.

Team Bethenny or Team Jill? I think Alex has it correct when she says she's befriending everyone, then when berated about it informs Jill that she's a mean girl still in high school.

Lu had the audacity to insist that the Bethenny meeting be 5 minutes from her house and 2 hours from Bethenny's??? She's a better friend than I am because I'd have told her "Nevermind". About the picking up the check thing ... I'd also inform her that for certain things (bar tab, surfing lesson, etc.) adults pay for themselves and do not expect the peasants to foot the bill. What a self serving B. She's not great looking, she cannot sing, and she's clinging to the title which is a joke.

Alex's hair looked much better this episode. Starting to like her a bit, but still cannot stand her man.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3850900;
    I guess I just don't like lukewarm people. Like I don't like how Alex "saw" Kelly's side of things during her "I'm up here and you're down here" thing. Kelly was clearly in the wrong in that situation and if I was Bethany i would have been offended that she didn't take my side when I was clearly right.
    Didn't she also say that she could see why Bethenny would take it the way she did?

I don't see that as being lukewarm, I mean, I can see both sides to most things and I am not a lukewarm person. These people are not friends IRL (well Jill and Bethenny were at one time) so I still fail to see why Alex should take any one side. I do believe Alex would take a side if she felt strongly about it, I just don't see her getting to worked up over much. She seems to laid back for that.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3850900;

I guess in a normal situation I wouldn't be friends with someone who wouldn't stand by me. But you are all right. .
    But what if you're wrong? A friend would/should tell you that and if they can't/don't I wouldn't really call them friends.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3851227;
    ramona is a nut. what did she do to her eyes? they still look like "crazy eyes" just not as wide!

i'm on team bethanny for now too. "get a hobby" is not a friendship ending comment in my book.

the countless continues to get on my nerves. i thought she was quite rude.

i don't really have an opinion on bethanny's BD yet.
    as jill said there were things that led up to lady b's comment and i have a feeling jill hit her last nerve. used to be team jill but ever since last season she's been getting on my nerves. she thinks the world begins and ends with her. remember her telling bethany that she couldn't have it all. well she does.

when is discountless not rude and condensending. she's prob jealous her lousy book sucked and lady b is working on her 3rd best seller. and who the hell wants to hear her sing?
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Closed Thread