Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3849596;
    Willamsburg......that's it, I couldn't remember the name just that it was in Brooklyn.
    Alex and Simon don't live in Williamsburg....they live either in Cobble Hill or Boerum Hill. Can't remember....and have not gone back to earlier threads to see if their street was ever mentioned....but they definitely do not live in W'burg!

As for Ramona, on the previews they show her walking down a catwalk and her eyes go all buggy again!

She's trying to be "Tyra" fierce, concentrating and that's the face she makes when she's concentrating.

As close as Jill and Bethenny were shown to be, either one of them could have picked up the phone and asked about the other. Jill could have said "Can you come over, I'm having a bad day today." and Bethenny could have asked how they were doing at least once a week. Both were at fault in my opinion, however Bethenny was getting her own life at last.

Alex is indeed the voice of reason on this show and I look forward to her observations. I just wish it could be done without her husband. I wish all the husbands would back off, mostly Mario and Simon because they are the camera hogs. Bobby, not so much.

Luanne can dish out manner advice but has never learned to take it. She needs Queen E to whack her upside the head when she dispenses advice after making blunders herself. And I think her voice has gotten deeper this year. She's just not that attractive and knows she's surrounded by girls better looking than herself. Hence, the judgemental attitude. She exudes rude behavior but justifies it to herself, not realizing or caring that no one else buys it.

Ramona continues to be one of my favorites. If you don't like her attitude or behavior, wait 15 minutes and she'll do a turn around.

Kelly, your charity work was community service. Court ordered. Get over yourself. Ugh.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

She's trying to be "Tyra" fierce, concentrating and that's the face she makes when she's concentrating.

As close as Jill and Bethenny were shown to be, either one of them could have picked up the phone and asked about the other. Jill could have said "Can you come over, I'm having a bad day today." and Bethenny could have asked how they were doing at least once a week. Both were at fault in my opinion, however Bethenny was getting her own life at last.

Alex is indeed the voice of reason on this show and I look forward to her observations. I just wish it could be done without her husband. I wish all the husbands would back off, mostly Mario and Simon because they are the camera hogs. Bobby, not so much.

Luanne can dish out manner advice but has never learned to take it. She needs Queen E to whack her upside the head when she dispenses advice after making blunders herself. And I think her voice has gotten deeper this year. She's just not that attractive and knows she's surrounded by girls better looking than herself. Hence, the judgemental attitude. She exudes rude behavior but justifies it to herself, not realizing or caring that no one else buys it.

Ramona continues to be one of my favorites. If you don't like her attitude or behavior, wait 15 minutes and she'll do a turn around.

Kelly, your charity work was community service. Court ordered. Get over yourself. Ugh.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3849912;
    OMG you didn't offend at all, please don't apologize, I was just relaying my experience.

I want to see Bethenny and Jill work it out b/c I think there is a strong bond between those two, still they haven't been friends for all that long and b/c of their strong personalities they went to the extreme and didn't try to understand where each was coming from and cut each other out of their lives.

I totally agree, Bethenny needs to apologize. If I saw the coming attraction correctly it appears Bethenny was pretty upset (she was crying when Jill hung up on her -- I think that's what I saw). Instead of reaching out Bethenny masked her feelings with sarcasm.

This season looks like it's going to be very interesting, can't wait for next week.
    I agree. I almost feel like Bethenny needs Jill. Jill's a very mothering sort of person. She's overly emotional sometimes, but she'll have your back when you need it and she'll take care of you. In a lot of ways she's a terrific friend. Bethenny's a little trickier.

MamaC - thank you, you're right! They mentioned Williamsburg because they had designer friends there, but they don't live there. I think it's Cobble Hill. My grandmother lives in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and she, my mother, and I all watch the show, so every time mom and I drive there she always points out that neighborhood. IDK how I forgot!!!

FORT Fanatic

What bothers me about Alex at times is the way she doesn't take sides. I guess that is a safer approach to not get involved but if you were my friend I would expect you to back me up when I am in the right and not point out how the other person sees things. I mean, maybe point out the other side of the coin but still support me. Not this lukewarm crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3849937;

I agree.

Jill seems like she expects her friends to do exactly what she would do and if they don't shame on them.

Bethenny seems like she will be there if she is told specifically what to do.

Neither is the best way and can cause hurt feelings.

Simon and Alex have a brownstone in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3849948;
    What bothers me about Alex at times is the way she doesn't take sides. I guess that is a safer approach to not get involved but if you were my friend I would expect you to back me up when I am in the right and not point out how the other person sees things. I mean, maybe point out the other side of the coin but still support me. Not this lukewarm crap.
    The problem is that Alex isn't really friends with any of the HWs.

From what I have seen/read:
    Jill just said Bobby was sick. Never said what was wrong. She kept the "you need a hobby" voicemail for four months to use on the show for her story.

Bethenny was getting her own life together. If she had known what was really wrong, she has said that she would have been there in a nano. Jill was also out and about all summer so B. had no idea what was going on.

LuLu had best be lookin in a mirror before she goes pointing fingers at anyone else. A demanded apology is not an apology in my book. The only thing she had going for her lately was being married to a "Count" and I use that term loosely as it has been pointed out that he might not be what he says he is. The family "hi-jacked" the title. So without that, she doesn't have an identity.

Ramario looks much better with the new "do". She still needs a filter but is growing on me for some reason.

Dimbulb-is still just as out there as ever. She "volunteered" at a shelter(?) when the court orders you to do it...it's not exactly volunteer work. In the preview videos, she says the girls are "generally" happy not genuinely happy. And she graduated from Columbia......the country cuz it certainly couldn't have been the college. Sheesh!!!!

Alex-not sure about her yet this season. will sit back and "watch what happens"
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3849948;
    Alex was crucified by almost every one of her castmates on season one, and was barely tolerated last year. The only one who gave her any respect was Bethanny, when she asked Alex to help her with her Skinny Girl ad campaign --- and even then, it was only after Alex put in a lot of time and produced several sets of sketches + photos that Bethanny really liked. So daiseyo is right, Alex doesn't really have a friend on the cast. And I don't think we've ever once seen Alex be mean or disrespectful to any of the castmates. The only thing Alex has ever done, and she doesn't even always do this, is respond with a criticism of her own when she is being attacked by one of the castmates --- like Ramona. This season, LuAnne reached out to Kelly to give her a chance to be a friend (even after her horrible behavior), but if anyone has reached out to Alex to be a friend, we haven't seen it.

(By the way, did Bethanny ever pay Alex for all that work that Alex did, or did she ask Alex to volunteer her services?)

Closed Thread