Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Looks like Ramona's had some serious face work -- maybe even a face lift!!!! She was on Joy Behar last night, and there were lots of close ups of her 'new' face. She definitely looks younger, her skin looks beautiful -- nice and clear, and guess what folks, no more "crazy eyes"!!!!

I'm excited that NYC is back!

Ramona hasn't changed..well her face is a little more 'fresh' looking and she is blonder and shorter but other than that she's still the same crazy Ramona. Ramona should have simply apologized to Luann for Mario's behavior and then told Mario to apologize to her. This is what I would do if my husband made a negative comment about a friend of mine who heard it. It's the right thing to do. Ahhh Ramona I've missed your crazy a*s.

After yesterday's episode I'm siding with Bethenny. I think it's ridiculous that Jill is upset over a comment of 'you need to get a hobby'. I mean, I get that it probably hurt her feelings but GET OVER IT it's not like she was smack talking Bobby, Allison, or her mom behind her back. My goodness, I've had friends say worse things to me and we're still buddies.

Saying all that, I have a feeling I'll be going back and forth between being Team Jill and Team Bethenny this season.

I thought Countess was really rude at the bar when she met up with Bethenny. First she won't meet Bethenny unless it's close to her house, causing Bethenny to drive 2 hours and she gets on Bethenny's case for being late! Also, a Countess should know that it is in bad form to interrupt when someone is speaking. :nono I like the Countess, she's beautiful, blah blah blah but so far she's not showing much class. I can not wait to find out why Bethenny calls Luann a snake.

I'm not sure of Bethenny's boyfriend/baby daddy. He referred to them as Desi and Lucy...I had a dejavu, Simon referred to him and Tamra the same way. I also noticed that while he says he likes her the way she is, he also , I don't know the way to describe it....not put her down but corrected her behavior. Much like how Simon is with Tamra. Hopefully this guy is just coming off bad on TV and is nothing like Simon.

This season seems like it will be fun. Bethenny gets into with everyone!!

I'm definitely not on Team Bethenny. She totally annoys me.

I doubt that she and the boyfriend will last. He was totally embarasssed by the Peta Ad. I was, too.

The Countess isn't perfect. But, Ramona should have apologized on behalf of Mario. That's good etiquette.

I think Bethenny has had way too much done to her face. I caught the first few minutes of Watch Andy live. She was totally scary looking. Way too much plastic surgery. At least, Ramona kept her same face/ features when she got the face lift. Bethenny has just made too many changes. Big diffference.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think it was really in poor taste for the Countess to bring all that crap up with Ramona especially when Ramona said she didn't want to hear it. LuAnn's problem was with Mario and it should have been taken up with Mario and ONLY Mario. Ramona had nothing to do with it and Mario is grown a** man who can apologize for himself - if he wants to. I think the Countess is a jerk for always demanding people to apologize to her yet when someone tells her that she hurt their feelings, the Countess wants to say they are being too sensitive and need to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3848765;
    I think Bethenny has had way too much done to her face.
    Yeah, Bethanny did look funny - a little puffy and strained but I think it was due to baby weight? I was actually surprised she didn't have more fat in her face due to the pregnancy.

I was thinking the same thing about Bethenny,her face looked really different on 'Watch What Happens'. I assumed it was because she is pregnant but maybe not.

I agree that there is one set of rules for the Countess and another for the rest of the world. Ramona stated that she didn't want to ruin the trip, but Lu had to get it out. She was talking to the wrong person. Also, she knows Ramona's quirks and encouraged her to go off on a bipolar episode in my opinion.

Team Bethenny or Team Jill? I think Alex has it correct when she says she's befriending everyone, then when berated about it informs Jill that she's a mean girl still in high school.

Lu had the audacity to insist that the Bethenny meeting be 5 minutes from her house and 2 hours from Bethenny's??? She's a better friend than I am because I'd have told her "Nevermind". About the picking up the check thing ... I'd also inform her that for certain things (bar tab, surfing lesson, etc.) adults pay for themselves and do not expect the peasants to foot the bill. What a self serving B. She's not great looking, she cannot sing, and she's clinging to the title which is a joke.

Alex's hair looked much better this episode. Starting to like her a bit, but still cannot stand her man.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Bethanny seems out of control. Although she may be right about these women. I can't tell. After S1, I still think NY wivers are the most outrageous.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-05-2010 at 10:00 PM.

FORT Fogey

Holy cow! The season premiere was like a tornado, with all of the bickering! I felt exhausted after watching! I think there's probably a lot more we don't know regarding Jill and Bethenny's situation. I like them both, and think they both may have done things to hurt the other. I also think they may have originally been brought together when each other needed someone, and once they no longer neeed each other, they realized they weren't meant to be friends. It's too bad. I really liked watching them together.

I agreed with Ramona when she mentioned Luann cannot follow her own etiquette advice. Confronting Ramona at her own get-together, and then immediately confronting Bethenny about something that had happened over a year ago! And she wasn't even diplomatiac about it. Sorry Luann, but when someone "invites" you to do something with them, it doesn't obligate them to pay your way. And her subtle dig about Bethenny's 'Skinny Girl' car. She mentioned not liking Bethenny's snarky remarks, yet she does the very same thing. I liked Luann on the first season, but have slowly started to dislike her. I commend Bethenny for not completely losing it with Luann!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3848880;
    Yeah, Bethanny did look funny - a little puffy and strained but I think it was due to baby weight? I was actually surprised she didn't have more fat in her face due to the pregnancy.
    I don't think neither Ramona nor Bethenny had any "work" done, but that's JMHO (I love Ramona's shorter hair). I, too, saw Bethenny on 'Watch What Happens Live,' and I noticed again that she mentioned she had only had her "breasts lifted." I remember an older post that insisted she had breast augmentation, but I thought at the reunion show she had just mentioned "the lift." Who knows? I did think Bethenny looked tiny for being 6 1/2 months pregnant!

Closed Thread