Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Leather was giving an interview for some magazine where they were showing off her closet the night of the party. She lied. The only one she apologized to was Jill and that was in a text.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3451540;
    Either way, props to Luann for not even shedding a tear while discussing her divorce on the show, not many would be able to do that.
    Doesn't surprise me that LuAnn wasn't crying about her divorce on the show. I think she's a cold fish, like her mother, plus I think that marriage was over before this series even started. I'd guess it was over when she moved to NYC while the Count was still based in Europe. I think she might cry if she had to give up the fake title, but since it's a fake title, it doesn't matter if she keeps it and it makes her happy. Somehow, I picture her, years from now, portrayed by Gloria Swanson, putting a tiara on over her headscarf, inappropriately wearing a one-shouldered satin dress, her arms gesticulating from the elbows down (while her upper arms are mysteriously glued to her ribcage), saying "I'm ready for my close-up . . ."

FORT Fogey

Had a couple of questions / comments on the finale.
    1. When Andy asked Bethanny about her b**bs, she said she had them lifted. I've never known of anyone who had to have a lift at her age and not due to child bearing. If I do give her the benefit of the doubt that they needed lifting, then why do the b**bs now look so fake? Anyone with a boob lift - they look like they did when you were young; in other words, they still look real and they do Not look fake like Bethanny's.
    2. Luann complained to Kelly that she never got to meet Kelly's kids. That was after Kelly made the comment of Jill being her favorite housewife, as her daughters liked her. I remember the episode where Kelly had the chef come over and she, her kids and LuAnn all made the chicken vegetable wraps.So, obviously LouAnn met Kelly's kids
    3. Alex is definitely the nicest and most normal of the bunch. I think she probably signed up for this show for the money. I think the fame may have been secondary for her.
    4. Kelly does have some issues, but she doesn't really say mean things about the rest of the women. Kelly comes across as the only 1 who probably did grow up with money on this show. Yes, she is inarticulate, but a lot of Columbia grads are not that articulate, either. Does not mean they are stupid. Caroline Kennedy - a very smart woman - says like and you know constantly.
    5. Jill's daughter seems to have a different last name. Is Bobby Zarin not her father?
    6. It's a toss up as to which husband is more desperate for fame here? Allthough the housewives try to paint Simon as such, I find Mario to be the most pompous of the males. Judging by his gaping looks at the women in NYC, he comes across as kind of sleazy, as well. Simon may look/act foolish at times, but he does seem to be very enamored of his wife.
    7. I give Luann a lot of credit for trying to keep her private life just that. She does have a lot more class than Ramona. And Ramona's eyes do bug out. At first, I thought it was her thyroid, but now I'm pretty sure it's because she had an eye job.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 05-15-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I thought it was weird that LF didn't seem to know anyone at her own Halloween party....looked like she came in just to find 'the girls'. The people that were there sure didn't look like they just stepped out of the society pages. Why even host a party if your not going to be there until almost midnight..she explains it away by saying she has kids and parents...??? well, I would think she knew that beforehand.

What did LF say when she tucked the tissue under her leg...??

Mario did look like such a weirdo when he was caught leering at those girls....yuckers!
    Last edited by misslada; 05-15-2009 at 05:14 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3451623;
    Had a couple of questions / comments on the finale.

2. Luann complained to Kelly that she never got to meet Kelly's kids. That was after Kelly made the comment of Jill being her favorite housewife, as her daughters liked her. I remember the episode where Kelly had the chef come over and she, her kids and LuAnn all made the chicken vegetable wraps.So, obviously LouAnn met Kelly's kids

5. Jill's daughter seems to have a different last name. Is Bobby Zarin not her father?
    I could be very well wrong, so anyone can feel free to correct me, but I think it was Ramona who said she never got to meet Kelly's kids. Luann said that if it wasn't for her calling Kelly out, she would have said that Luann was her favorite housewife.

Allison's last name is Shapiro, yes, she's from Jill's previous marriage. I don't even think Allison's that close to Bobby; Jill made that clear during the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3451687;
    I could be very well wrong, so anyone can feel free to correct me, but I think it was Ramona who said she never got to meet Kelly's kids. Luann said that if it wasn't for her calling Kelly out, she would have said that Luann was her favorite housewife.

Allison's last name is Shapiro, yes, she's from Jill's previous marriage. I don't even think Allison's that close to Bobby; Jill made that clear during the first season.
    THanks. I do seem to remember Luann saying that right after Kelly said her favorite housewife was Jill. I think it was one of the few times Ramona shut her mouth. But, I may well be mistaken, so I will have to catch when it's repeated.

Didn't know Jill was married before. Did hubby #1 have money, too?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3451692;
    THanks. I do seem to remember Luann saying that right after Kelly said her favorite housewife was Jill. I think it was one of the few times Ramona shut her mouth. But, I may well be mistaken, so I will have to catch when it's repeated.

Didn't know Jill was married before. Did hubby #1 have money, too?
    I don't think that Jill has ever really shared many details of her first marriage beyond the fact that Ally was a product of it. Given the things that Bobby has funded for Ally to do -- like the camp last year -- my guess would be that he does not have as much money as Bobby.

Did anyone notice when Jill is talking about raising thousands of dollars for charity and Kelly pops off that she was voted most charitable when she was 15.I still ache from laughing so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3451702;
    I don't think that Jill has ever really shared many details of her first marriage beyond the fact that Ally was a product of it. Given the things that Bobby has funded for Ally to do -- like the camp last year -- my guess would be that he does not have as much money as Bobby.
    THanks. This is my first season with these ladies.

Closed Thread