Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3451282;
    She doesn't care about people's feelings. She, so much as, said so on the reunion show; she cares about nothing. Maybe mean isn't the right word but she certainly is not a nice person. She deserved everything that was said to her.

People who are nice don't:

Show up late to every event that they are invited too
    Show up late to their own party than don't acknowledge it by apologizing to their friends
    Keep interrupting because they don't like what the other person is saying
    Talk down to people
    Have feelings that make them cry (Kelly obviously doesn't cry about anything)
    Dress like a 16 year old when they are actually 40 (okay I just had to say this because it always bugged me about her)
    Apart from the being late, Bethenny did everything from your list AND she had a snarky name/insult for everyone (Kell-amity, Madonna, Discountess, "Alex and Simon would go to the opening of an envelope" "Jill's redecoration is a bit bordello" etc. etc. etc).

Ramona was late to a bunch of things. So was Alex. The Halloween party thing was a bit much, but Ramona accepted an invitation and then DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP. Miss Manners says that only death (in the immediate family) or serious deathly injury excuses that sort of behaviour.

And Ramona dresses like a hootchie mama and shakes her butt like a chimp on heat.

And how do you know Kelly 'obviously' doesn't cry about anything? Perhaps she doesn't parade her emotions because she doesn't adore cheap sentiment.

I really think Kelly's more misunderstood than mean. Alex had it perfectly right. Kelly felt attacked first and what I found irritating was that Bethenny thinks she gets points for saying that if Kelly said that she was offended, then Bethenny would apologize. What's wrong with apologizing first? Bethenny was/is all about her grudge that Kelly flirted with one of her temporary boyfriends. She keeps on bringing it up over and over and over again...ad nauseum ad infinitum add a skinnygirl cocktail and watch her bitch about it some more. She REALLY craves attention, that one but she's got such a BIT way of getting it. She'd fit in fine in a pit with the rest of the bullies.

The more I think about it the more I think that while Jill (and her sidekick) do a lot for charity, their arrogance makes them unlikeable.

I also perfectly understood Kelly's point about charity. The highest level of charity is when nobody knows who gave. Yes, as Jill pointed out it's a bit unrealistic, but on the other hand, it's less crass. And don't forget Kelly did, in the end, arrange a lot of donations to the auction - as Jill pointed out it's not her fault ex-hubby didn't deliver. And Jill 'forgot' her when handing out the awards. Crass crass crass.

Re-watching reunion 2. They showed Maaario ogling someone as his wife Marona was talking to him. To all those that think he's so handsome should take a better look. Close ups he should not do. He made me think of Ted Bundy. He truly looked like a serial killer his face was that scary.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SassnSauce;3451321;
    Lady B would not have came up with the Madonna snark had Leatherface not acted obnoxious (she was very late to the meeting by the way :nono) behavior regarding her part in the charity. Leatherface over reacted, Lady B answered the woman's question that was next to her and Leatherface took it and ran with it. How could someone so inarticulate be a journalist? I can't find a single article written by her. I hear her so called journalism skills leave something to be desired. Leatherface should never speak. She's a walking contradiction and she never makes sense
    Well, I thought Bethanny's little dig about 'your six sentence articles' 'you're no journalist' were rude. Kelly didn't want to go to the charity thing and didn't know she was going to be made to be a co-chair and asked to 'do things.' It was obnoxious the way she put it, but it wasn't insulting the way the "Madonna" comment or the "place of no" harangue was. I'd have felt insulted by Bethenny, and all alone (she had no close friends there, arriving late she wasn't quite integrated into the group, etc.). And it was really all because BETHENNY WAS STILL(!) MAD AT KELLY FOR FLIRTING WITH A BOYFRIEND LONG AGO.

I'm sorry but Bethenny isn't quite the Empress, she needs to realize the earth revolves around the sun, not her. I think that was what the "up here down here" was referring to - behaviour. Bethenny insulted Kelly in front of a roomful of people; that is 'down there' in my view. And Bethenny had plenty of time to say she was sorry for the "Madonna" and "Place of No" harangues in Ally's room. For example, she could have 'come out of the gate*' with it, but chose not to.

(*for somebody who 'had no parents' she uses a lot of race track jargon)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3451406;
    Apart from the being late, Bethenny did everything from your list AND she had a snarky name/insult for everyone (Kell-amity, Madonna, Discountess, "Alex and Simon would go to the opening of an envelope" "Jill's redecoration is a bit bordello" etc. etc. etc).

Ramona was late to a bunch of things. So was Alex. The Halloween party thing was a bit much, but Ramona accepted an invitation and then DIDN'T EVEN SHOW UP. Miss Manners says that only death (in the immediate family) or serious deathly injury excuses that sort of behaviour.

And Ramona dresses like a hootchie mama and shakes her butt like a chimp on heat.

And how do you know Kelly 'obviously' doesn't cry about anything? Perhaps she doesn't parade her emotions because she doesn't adore cheap sentiment.

I really think Kelly's more misunderstood than mean. Alex had it perfectly right. Kelly felt attacked first and what I found irritating was that Bethenny thinks she gets points for saying that if Kelly said that she was offended, then Bethenny would apologize. What's wrong with apologizing first? Bethenny was/is all about her grudge that Kelly flirted with one of her temporary boyfriends. She keeps on bringing it up over and over and over again...ad nauseum ad infinitum add a skinnygirl cocktail and watch her bitch about it some more. She REALLY craves attention, that one but she's got such a BIT way of getting it. She'd fit in fine in a pit with the rest of the bullies.

The more I think about it the more I think that while Jill (and her sidekick) do a lot for charity, their arrogance makes them unlikeable.

I also perfectly understood Kelly's point about charity. The highest level of charity is when nobody knows who gave. Yes, as Jill pointed out it's a bit unrealistic, but on the other hand, it's less crass. And don't forget Kelly did, in the end, arrange a lot of donations to the auction - as Jill pointed out it's not her fault ex-hubby didn't deliver. And Jill 'forgot' her when handing out the awards. Crass crass crass.
    In a comparison of all the women, sure there are incidents where the others have been guilty of the bad behavior that Kelly is. I think the difference is that they also have GOOD things they have done to balance it. Bethanny has kicked in to cook for and teach cooking to several of the women. Bethanny, Ramona, and LuAnn were all enthusiastic and willing to help out with Jill's charity. Jill, Ramona, and Luann have been very supportive and served as confidentes in Bethanny's dating woes. On the charitable front, they've all got endeavors. All of them have their inconsiderate, self-centered moments, but have moments of giving and helping too. So if we're being fair in a comparison, where are the examples of Kelly being kind and helpful to other people that balance out her inconsiderate moments? I can't think of them. Yes, she came up with auction items after being chided by the other women for not helping. But then the reports are that many of those did not come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3451421;
    Well, I thought Bethanny's little dig about 'your six sentence articles' 'you're no journalist' were rude. Kelly didn't want to go to the charity thing and didn't know she was going to be made to be a co-chair and asked to 'do things.' It was obnoxious the way she put it, but it wasn't insulting the way the "Madonna" comment or the "place of no" harangue was. I'd have felt insulted by Bethenny, and all alone (she had no close friends there, arriving late she wasn't quite integrated into the group, etc.). And it was really all because BETHENNY WAS STILL(!) MAD AT KELLY FOR FLIRTING WITH A BOYFRIEND LONG AGO.

I'm sorry but Bethenny isn't quite the Empress, she needs to realize the earth revolves around the sun, not her. I think that was what the "up here down here" was referring to - behaviour. Betheny insulted Kelly in front of a roomful of people; that is 'down there' in my view. And Bethenny had plenty of time to say she was sorry for the "Madonna" and "Place of No" harangues in Ally's room. For example, she could have 'come out of the gate*' with it, but chose not to.

(*for somebody who 'had no parents' she uses a lot of race track jargon)
    No woman would forget about some chick that would waltz up to her guy and flirt with him in her face like she didn't exist. Kelly didn't have to go to the charity meeting but she did. And on her time. Maybe she didn't know the people their but it's best to listen. And say that's cute to the Ally was stupid. Notice that all the women there were taken aback by that and Leatherface's rant about how she didn't lend her name to anything. So not true. Leatherface always makes it known what she's done. Instead of being rude from jump, she should have been there before Bethany since it was her meeting, at that bar she could have asked Lady B what her problem was and listened to her. I believe Bethany would have apologized. Leatherface was too busy trying to put her in her place which she never pulled off. All she did was make a fool of herself. And when Lady B wanted to make piece Leatherface still wouldn't listen. She writes people of no use to her off as soon as she meets them. And her thing with women and their guys she is known for. Even Lulu didn't believe Lady B until she experienced it for herself.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Good advice to Ramona on what to do with Silex (when she liked them less).
    Fun day with Jill at the hillarious jewelers'.
    Inviting LaContessa for a cooking lesson (more than Ramona did for Jill in S1, remember the drama?).
    I don't really recall anything vis-a-vis Silex except for that convo at the charity do, but that was nice.
    She didn't do anything nice for Bethenny, but I still believe she didn't have as much ill-will toward Bethenny as Bethenny (and a lot of us) thought. And Bethenny didn't make it easy for Kelly to like her.

What insults did Kelly deliver, what names did she call the others? When did she say that one of them married an old coot, or that one of them was a 'discountess' or that one of them made her skin crawl or that one of them had a bordello taste or that one of them was a piece of sh*t? Please, I'd love to know. When did she bully anyone about not knowing where the Social Register was or how long they've worked on a project, and then looked like the cat that got at the cream when she'd browbeaten and badgered them down? Jill didn't just stick the knife into Ramona, she turned it afterwards, but was unwilling to peep one peep of apology to Bethenny? Ramona and Mario had a giggle about Simon being gay, when Mario was the one acting like a little shoolgirl with a temper tantrum problem at the tennis. LaContessa made fun of Ramona's physical appearance in a most juvenile and unlady-like manner.

The only thing that I ever heard Kelly say, except for out of exasperation, was that LuAnn should look in that book she (co)wrote.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SassnSauce;3451440;
    No woman would forget about some chick that would waltz up to her guy and flirt with him in her face like she didn't exist. Kelly didn't have to go to the charity meeting but she did. And on her time. Maybe she didn't know the people their but it's best to listen. And say that's cute to the Ally was stupid. Notice that all the women there were taken aback by that and Leatherface's rant about how she didn't lend her name to anything. So not true. Leatherface always makes it known what she's done. Instead of being rude from jump, she should have been there before Bethany since it was her meeting, at that bar she could have asked Lady B what her problem was and listened to her. I believe Bethany would have apologized. Leatherface was too busy trying to put her in her place which she never pulled off. All she did was make a fool of herself. And when Lady B wanted to make piece Leatherface still wouldn't listen. She writes people of no use to her off as soon as she meets them. And her thing with women and their guys she is known for. Even Lulu didn't believe Lady B until she experienced it for herself.
    All valid points - Kelly has an awkward way of expressing herself, with poor social skills. Yes, she could have done a lot differently but I don't think there was malice behind her actions and therefore the quasi-hatred displayed was OTT. Luann Luann, oh how she argued for truthfulness -- except when she didn't want to be truthful and open.

The most I will say about the Brass Monkey Bust Up is that Kelly was ... overexcitable (medicated?) and started off on the wrong foot and you're right, she should have said simply "I was offended by you calling me Madonna and by the place of no comments. I was hurt and offended and I didn't like it. I do give to charity and I will to this one but I felt put on the spot and didn't want to be a co-chair. Luann should have told me that I would be expected to be."

(Remember, Luann was her friend, previously.)

FORT Fogey

I wonder if Madonna was offended to be compared to Kelly?

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3451448;
    I wonder if Madonna was offended to be compared to Kelly?
    She shouldn't be.

FORT Regular

The repeated statement of Kelly being misunderstood... I don't see it. I wish she would been called out for contradicting herself, "Bethenny and I are different", "we could have been best friends, we are exactly the same".
    She can't keep up with her own lies. The hand gesture with Bethenny wasn't meant to illustrate how different they are, it was to show how one is higher than the other. That's what the average person would take that to mean. She loves to flaunt that Columbia education so much... but ACT THE PART. Her "education" also doesn't help her in arguments, and whining "stoppppp" like a little girl isn't a good comeback.

One of the reasons the rest of the housewives get a pass is because more often than not, they are right. Bethenny is spot on in her opinions about her the others, and that was noticeable from the very beginning. Ramona holds her own, but goes over the top with the Silex couple in her criticism, but, that's not much different than Kelly being obviously meaner to Bethenny. Kelly was right about one thing, that she did intend to separate herself from the others... she did. She's the stupidest one of the bunch, and it became apparent during the reunion, especially part two. Why bring up that you don't like brands being given prominence in charities when your only reply is squealing "stopppp??" Her excuse to being late at her own party is because she has kids. Great answer. There are many women with more kids than her who juggle everything, and do it in a timely manner.

LuAnn wasn't as bad this season as the housewives say she was. Along with Alex, she's the most neutral of the group. I think Ramona was upset about her divorce being kept quiet was because, once again, it goes back to the Hope Lodge fight. LuAnn pretty much shot down her dating advice, and Ramona now feels the need to say, "How can anyone take your dating advice when you can't even keep a marriage?" Either way, props to Luann for not even shedding a tear while discussing her divorce on the show, not many would be able to do that.

Closed Thread