Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

This is the first and only time I'll give Alex credit for anything: she clarified for the dense housewives exactly what the Monkey Bar showdown was about. Now, I can't praise Alex without qualifying it . . . when she gave that explanation, it was in yet another phony voice/accent, different from the social climber accent and different from the unguarded Kansas natural speaking voice (anyone else notice that regardless of the accent, she pronounces "and" as a 3-syllable word: "ay-aaa-nd"?).

Praise Bravo for not putting Simon on the couch!

Watching the rerun of the rehash. LuAnn isn't a countess - she's just edited that way. (Thinking here about Jessica Rabbit . . "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way").

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3450638;
    Kelly deserves it. She has said and done plenty of mean and frankly, crazy things. Both of her conversations with Bethenny were crazy, and the way she acted at Jill's charity meeting prompting the Madonna comment was ridiculous. She was very mean to Bethenny. Bethenny can be abrasive, I'm certainly not her biggest fan, but Kelly's no angel.
    I don't recall a single mean thing Kelly has ever said to or about Bethany - or any of the others.

What I do think is that Kelly thought she could waltz onto the show and take everyone's breath away, but that didn't happen. She was offputting, I agree, but she was never mean, and she hasn't spoken a bad word about anyone (at least not intentionally).

And, as the show progressed, her behavior changed. She started showing up on time, participating in the charity event, etc. She learned from her mistakes, and that is all anyone can hope for. Comparing her to Bethany, Kelly is an angel. An inarticulate one, but an angel none-the-less.

Maybe Bethany suffers from trash-talking diarhea of the mouth because - as she constantly reminds us - she had "no parents" to teach her that if she doesn't have something nice to say, she shouldn't say it at all. I have absolutely no sympathy for Bethany at all. Not a shred. Unlike Kelly, Bethany has not learned that she is an imperfect person (much less how to fix those imperfections).

Kelly is human. Not mean. Bethany is mean, and not so human much of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3451069;
    I felt sad for all of them. I think Kelly means well. I think that Jill and Bethenny are bullies, or rather that Jill is the Empress Bully and Bethenny's a Bully In Training. It's one thing to have a sharp wit but you shouldn't use it to cut other people down. Surely real intelligence is found in Alex's way of trying to find harmony between two people who really don't have any reason to hate one another. Bethenny is nurturing that grudge about her ex boyfriend and not being 'acknowledged' like it was her imaginary baby. It's sick really. Ramona is inconsistent but I admire how she held her own (strange) positions without the 'eff' word or the 'sh' word like was coming from the Empress and the BIT. The countess came off well, I think, I believe she doesn't think of herself better than everyone else. She had to say the title wasn't a 'thing' to avoid insulting her (soon to be former) in-laws. I wish I had half her grace and poise and self-possession, and also half Alex's tact and self-control. Honestly the winning half were Alex, LuAnn and Kelly <duck> and the losers were Ramona, the Empress and the BIT.
    Call me Kelly, but you've stated what I am thinking more articulately and succinctly than I ever could. I couldn't agree more.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-15-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3451126;
    I don't recall a single mean thing Kelly has ever said to or about Bethany - or any of the others.
    She doesn't care about people's feelings. She, so much as, said so on the reunion show; she cares about nothing. Maybe mean isn't the right word but she certainly is not a nice person. She deserved everything that was said to her.

People who are nice don't:

Show up late to every event that they are invited too
    Show up late to their own party than don't acknowledge it by apologizing to their friends
    Keep interrupting because they don't like what the other person is saying
    Talk down to people
    Have feelings that make them cry (Kelly obviously doesn't cry about anything)
    Dress like a 16 year old when they are actually 40 (okay I just had to say this because it always bugged me about her)
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 05-15-2009 at 10:02 AM.

I'm glad they jumped on her. She's "not used to being attacked". Yeah right! She wasn't attacked she was put in her place. Alex was really nice to try to keep the piece. By breaking it down she was giving Leatherface an out but no one could be convinced. Leatherface meant what she said to Lady B about where she stands in her world. And she lied when she said she hasn't said one mean thing about Lady B. Everytime before the reunion she trashed her to the media. Then she had the gall, even after watching herself in the Brass Monkey, to say that Lady B set that up for the media. Whaaa?
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3451126;
    I think that her telling Bethanny "I'm up here, and you're down here, and you will NEVER be up here" would qualify as mean. I think that telling Ramona that she'd never be jealous of her - while Ramona may not have been smart enough to be put off by it, was mean.

Kelly's mean does not come through all the time through cruel things she says. Rather, it comes through in her utter disregard for anyone else she encounters. Her chronic lateness illustrates that other people's schedules and their time is of no concern to Kelly. The comments she makes to and about people, like the ones I mentioned above, illustrate that she gives no consideration to how her words may effect people. As I see it, giving so little consideration to other people in all of her interactions is ... mean. It is at least as mean, if not worse, than a snarky comment comparing someone to Madonna.

FORT Fan

"Bethenny you and I are totally different people...Bethenny you and I are a like the same. You're a brunette and I'm a blond..." LOL

Bethenny had me dying with the "Stooop stooop".

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3451293;
    I think that her telling Bethanny "I'm up here, and you're down here, and you will NEVER be up here" would qualify as mean. I think that telling Ramona that she'd never be jealous of her - while Ramona may not have been smart enough to be put off by it, was mean.

Kelly's mean does not come through all the time through cruel things she says. Rather, it comes through in her utter disregard for anyone else she encounters. Her chronic lateness illustrates that other people's schedules and their time is of no concern to Kelly. The comments she makes to and about people, like the ones I mentioned above, illustrate that she gives no consideration to how her words may effect people. As I see it, giving so little consideration to other people in all of her interactions is ... mean. It is at least as mean, if not worse, than a snarky comment comparing someone to Madonna.
    Lady B would not have came up with the Madonna snark had Leatherface not acted obnoxious (she was very late to the meeting by the way :nono) behavior regarding her part in the charity. Leatherface over reacted, Lady B answered the woman's question that was next to her and Leatherface took it and ran with it. How could someone so inarticulate be a journalist? I can't find a single article written by her. I hear her so called journalism skills leave something to be desired. Leatherface should never speak. She's a walking contradiction and she never makes sense
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

And the loser is..... the bensimon skank. She's the Bermuda Triangle of creepy: malevolent, dishonest, and spectacularly egocentric.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3451293;

Totally well said, especially that the mean doesn't always come through, especially with certain people, like Ramona. Her jealous comment was totally mean and flew off Ramona's radar. Many times people will insult, but with a big smile and sweet intonation. That's Kelly, except when she is with Bethenny. She literally bears her teeth, which reminds me of a dog, ready to attack.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Closed Thread