Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Jill- Has turned into an older (and even worse) version of the "Mean Girls." I used to like her but now all I see is this superiority complex that makes her seem old and almost bitter.
    LuAnn- Has been very humbled since the last season. She must have seen the loss of her title coming and was smart enough to know it was time to start caring about her likability.
    Bethanney- Used to be my favorite but after reading her blogs about the OC skanks I just don't get her. She shows obvious love and admiration for two of the biggest washed up, bitter women I have ever seen- Tamara and Vicky. I don't get it, B seems very intelligent and handles herself with a lot of class (usually) but then actually LIKES these two? Makes no sense.
    Ramona- She has raised a mature and beautiful daughter, I'll give her that. I don't know how but she and that tennis obsessed, arm licking, smug hubby of hers raised a great young lady. I am not a Ramona fan but I do think it takes a lot to honestly speak your mind to peoples' faces. Remember when she called the now un-Countessed, LuAnne's husband old and she stuck by her words? She shrugged off LuAnne's over the top reaction and said, "sorry, I call it like I see it."
    Alex- Is probably the most intelligent and practical of the group. I think she recognizes Simon's quirks and just lets himbe who he is because she loves him.
    Kelly- It must be frustrating for her to live in a world that she's so obviously out of touch with. Sometimes when she's laughing, tossing her hair around and flashing those big crazy teeth I get creeped out. I don't get why B would even engage her in any type of interaction or give Crazy Teeth the time of day. She is not a genuine person and has a grossly over inflated idea of herself. I would love to hear someone say:
    "Look Kelly, although all of us have our own issues you are downright unlikable. You are being kicked off the show because even Jill's dog can't stand the sight of you. You are not even a "housewife" and we strongly question whether or not you are in fact a woman at all. We are sure you will go on to do devastatingly fabulous things, in fact Gucci thinks your leather-like skin would be perfect model for their Spring 2009 handbags." tootles!

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmy26;3449902;
    Jill- Has turned into an older (and even worse) version of the "Mean Girls." I used to like her but now all I see is this superiority complex that makes her seem old and almost bitter.
    LuAnn- Has been very humbled since the last season. She must have seen the loss of her title coming and was smart enough to know it was time to start caring about her likability.
    Bethanney- Used to be my favorite but after reading her blogs about the OC skanks I just don't get her. She shows obvious love and admiration for two of the biggest washed up, bitter women I have ever seen- Tamara and Vicky. I don't get it, B seems very intelligent and handles herself with a lot of class (usually) but then actually LIKES these two? Makes no sense.
    Ramona- She has raised a mature and beautiful daughter, I'll give her that. I don't know how but she and that tennis obsessed, arm licking, smug hubby of hers raised a great young lady. I am not a Ramona fan but I do think it takes a lot to honestly speak your mind to peoples' faces. Remember when she called the now un-Countessed, LuAnne's husband old and she stuck by her words? She shrugged off LuAnne's over the top reaction and said, "sorry, I call it like I see it."
    Alex- Is probably the most intelligent and practical of the group. I think she recognizes Simon's quirks and just lets himbe who he is because she loves him.
    Kelly- It must be frustrating for her to live in a world that she's so obviously out of touch with. Sometimes when she's laughing, tossing her hair around and flashing those big crazy teeth I get creeped out. I don't get why B would even engage her in any type of interaction or give Crazy Teeth the time of day. She is not a genuine person and has a grossly over inflated idea of herself. I would love to hear someone say:
    "Look Kelly, although all of us have our own issues you are downright unlikable. You are being kicked off the show because even Jill's dog can't stand the sight of you. You are not even a "housewife" and we strongly question whether or not you are in fact a woman at all. We are sure you will go on to do devastatingly fabulous things, in fact Gucci thinks your leather-like skin would be perfect model for their Spring 2009 handbags." tootles!
    It took me about 5 mins to get up off the floor from laughing so much. Whew. My stomach hurts.

"When I like go out with a man like I don't want to like go to like a restaurant. Like, I wanna do stuff. Not like eat steak. Like I wanna do stuff" What kind of stuff Leather face? "Like stuff."
    Last edited by SassnSauce; 05-14-2009 at 12:34 PM.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

No kidding.....too little, too late...IMO!

I liked the whole "who would you vote off the island bit". I laughed as Lady B, Lulu, Marona and Jill let it be known that they were not happy with her. Leatherface said she never watched the show. I find that hard to believe she couldn't be bothered to do her homework before signing on. So I guess she thought that if she came on it would be "Leatherface Time" and it would be all about her because she's so great and no one could possibly enjoy themselves unless in her presence.

‘Real Housewives of NYC’: Kelly Bensimon Gets Real

She can't keep track of her stories.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3447932;
    I found Jill to be bullying. "See, you just don't think fast enough to keep up with me." Once again in this latest episode she finds one inconsistency, or imagined inconsistency, jumps on it, and uses that to appear smart and on the ball. She really has appointed herself Queen Bee of the May as you point out and has no unuttered thoughts.
    THANK YOU!!!! This is EXACTLY what I think is happening - esp. with Kelly. Jill - AND Bethany - have some weird psychological obsession with being "right".

At the end of the day, Kelly's only crime has been being late and not expressing herself clearly. Meanwhile, Bethany can trash-talk people 24/7 and get away with it.

Kelly doesn't have the same emotional need, and combined with an inability to communicate, she was easy prey. Jill and Bethany smelled weakness and went on the hunt - but for no good reason other than "being right".

J&B need to get over themselves and accept Kelly and her imperfections. Kelly hasn't said a bad word about anyone thus far and it's clear that the othes wives are far from perfect too.

I am feeling really bad for Kelly. I don't care how weird people may think she is.

Bethany is literally killing her career and hence life - and for no good reason other than she can't let it go.

This show really is all about Jill and Bethany. No more, no less.

FORT Fogey

Kelly deserves it. She has said and done plenty of mean and frankly, crazy things. Both of her conversations with Bethenny were crazy, and the way she acted at Jill's charity meeting prompting the Madonna comment was ridiculous. She was very mean to Bethenny. Bethenny can be abrasive, I'm certainly not her biggest fan, but Kelly's no angel.

Part two of the reunion show was just as wild as the first. I hate to say it but Alex was the only one who acted like an adult. The rest are like an adult version of the mean girls. I felt sorry for the host who had to sit next to Ramona. I wonder if he's deaf in his right ear from all her howling? He didn't ask them if they will do another season I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3450983 View Post
    Part two of the reunion show was just as wild as the first. I hate to say it but Alex was the only one who acted like an adult. The rest are like an adult version of the mean girls. I felt sorry for the host who had to sit next to Ramona. I wonder if he's deaf in his right ear from all her howling? He didn't ask them if they will do another season I noticed.
    I only got to see bits of pieces while toggling back & forth between this & 'Hell's Kitchen'.

As much as I don't understand/can't stand Kelly, I'd rather deal with her weirdness than the spectacle of Simon being the 5th housewife (how weird was that last season?).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkapalooza;3449480;
    The whole burger stabbing incident was inexcusable in that Simon and Alex appeared to take no action to nip Francois' behavior in the bud once he began to attack Jason's plate. HOWEVER - let us not forget (and I wish Alex had called her on it at the reunion!) that RAMONA WAS AN HOUR AND A HALF LATE to the dinner at "21", saying she wanted to "look extra pretty" and therefore simply couldn't be expected to be there on time like everyone else. Anyone who has had small children knows that there's a certain point at which fatigue can turn them into whirling dervishes. When my daughter was that age she became nearly uncontrollable when extremely tired, so we always made it a point not to have her out late. I wish the parents/producers had done the same for Francois and Johan.
    The other thing is - had Silex corrected the little ones, I bet dollars to donuts that Bravo would have made them out to be child abusers to all our collective shock and disapproval. My friends with kids always say it's a lot more difficult to discipline your kids out in public because everyone judges you. And let's face it; these ladies have got the judgement market cornered.

FORT Fogey

I felt sad for all of them. I think Kelly means well. I think that Jill and Bethenny are bullies, or rather that Jill is the Empress Bully and Bethenny's a Bully In Training. It's one thing to have a sharp wit but you shouldn't use it to cut other people down. Surely real intelligence is found in Alex's way of trying to find harmony between two people who really don't have any reason to hate one another. Bethenny is nurturing that grudge about her ex boyfriend and not being 'acknowledged' like it was her imaginary baby. It's sick really. Ramona is inconsistent but I admire how she held her own (strange) positions without the 'eff' word or the 'sh' word like was coming from the Empress and the BIT. The countess came off well, I think, I believe she doesn't think of herself better than everyone else. She had to say the title wasn't a 'thing' to avoid insulting her (soon to be former) in-laws. I wish I had half her grace and poise and self-possession, and also half Alex's tact and self-control. Honestly the winning half were Alex, LuAnn and Kelly <duck> and the losers were Ramona, the Empress and the BIT.

Closed Thread