Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I was so impressed by Alex last night. She was the epitome of class, and really, she always is. The way she spoke of her boys was very true, and her explanations of their behavior seemed entirely plausible. They are really just very very young. I find it incredibly endearing how much she loves her family, and how calmly and eloquently she can defend them. And she's right - it's much more important that they be taught how to be good people.

I also thought that LuAnn conducted herself very well. How dare Ramona take issue with her keeping her divorce quiet? I would take issue with her publicizing it, after all, she has two adolescent children to think of! Like Ramona's relationship was so much better, she and Mario are just mean.

It was nice to see the friendship between Bethenny and Jill. I think that of all the cast members, they are probably real friends.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It was inappropriate for Alex's children to be in that restaurant that late; a sitter should have been hired. It wasn't good for them, nor was it good for anyone who had to be exposed to their behaviors....as was shown. And for the parents to act like everything was normal that night, and not try to corral their children....inexcusable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3449267;
    It was inappropriate for Alex's children to be in that restaurant that late; a sitter should have been hired. It wasn't good for them, nor was it good for anyone who had to be exposed to their behaviors....as was shown. And for the parents to act like everything was normal that night, and not try to corral their children....inexcusable.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3449267;
    Actually, Alex said she wanted to take them home, and since all the other women's kids were there, I think that it was probably a producers' thing, they wanted all the kids there.

I really don't think you're being very fair. They were 1 and 3, after all, out late, in a strange place, with strangers and a camera crew. Should Alex and Simon have tried to keep them more under control? Absolutely! But is it "inexcusable"? No. And should Francois and Johan be blamed for that? Absolutely not.

I think, though, that they did see how awful their kids behaved, and corrected that, since they were a lot more well-behaved in this season I believe. There was the normal rambunctiousness of young boys, but they seemed to be very well behaved the rest of the time. Plus, Jill's fabric store was probably like a playground for them.

Alex wrote something very interesting on her blog. She said that after the first season, they try to keep the boys out of scenes that aren't in familiar settings and aren't specifically about them, because they are too young to understand that the cameras aren't there for them.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3449144;
    I was so impressed by Alex last night. She was the epitome of class, and really, she always is. The way she spoke of her boys was very true, and her explanations of their behavior seemed entirely plausible. They are really just very very young.
    Alex said her boys were 1 & 3 at the restaurant/hamburger thing. Nope. Those kids were 2 & 4. Alex wasn't truthful about their ages and whatever she said was about the 6th way she spun that story already. In any case, Alex was irrelevant during the reunion. She barely interracted with the other housewives (except Simon) during the season so there was almost nothing to talk to her about and it seemed like a stretch finding something to ask her about.

But it would be fun if someone asks her, in Part Deux, about her hellacious taste in home furnishing and about her creepy, gay husband groping her on camera. I'm sure she teaches those perfect children by example how to conduct themselves in public.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3449445;
    Actually, Alex said she wanted to take them home, and since all the other women's kids were there, I think that it was probably a producers' thing, they wanted all the kids there.

I really don't think you're being very fair. They were 1 and 3, after all, out late, in a strange place, with strangers and a camera crew. Should Alex and Simon have tried to keep them more under control? Absolutely! But is it "inexcusable"? No. And should Francois and Johan be blamed for that? Absolutely not.

I think, though, that they did see how awful their kids behaved, and corrected that, since they were a lot more well-behaved in this season I believe. There was the normal rambunctiousness of young boys, but they seemed to be very well behaved the rest of the time. Plus, Jill's fabric store was probably like a playground for them.

Alex wrote something very interesting on her blog. She said that after the first season, they try to keep the boys out of scenes that aren't in familiar settings and aren't specifically about them, because they are too young to understand that the cameras aren't there for them.
    The whole burger stabbing incident was inexcusable in that Simon and Alex appeared to take no action to nip Francois' behavior in the bud once he began to attack Jason's plate. HOWEVER - let us not forget (and I wish Alex had called her on it at the reunion!) that RAMONA WAS AN HOUR AND A HALF LATE to the dinner at "21", saying she wanted to "look extra pretty" and therefore simply couldn't be expected to be there on time like everyone else. Anyone who has had small children knows that there's a certain point at which fatigue can turn them into whirling dervishes. When my daughter was that age she became nearly uncontrollable when extremely tired, so we always made it a point not to have her out late. I wish the parents/producers had done the same for Francois and Johan.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkapalooza;3449480;
    The whole burger stabbing incident was inexcusable in that Simon and Alex appeared to take no action to nip Francois' behavior in the bud once he began to attack Jason's plate. HOWEVER - let us not forget (and I wish Alex had called her on it at the reunion!) that RAMONA WAS AN HOUR AND A HALF LATE to the dinner at "21", saying she wanted to "look extra pretty" and therefore simply couldn't be expected to be there on time like everyone else. Anyone who has had small children knows that there's a certain point at which fatigue can turn them into whirling dervishes. When my daughter was that age she became nearly uncontrollable when extremely tired, so we always made it a point not to have her out late. I wish the parents/producers had done the same for Francois and Johan.
    It doesn't matter how old and tired those kids were. They attacked someone's food and they just stood there.
    when a child starts running around they way those kids did was shameful. You reign that child close to you so there would be no incidents like that. You can't always let a kid do what they will and call bad behavior "rambunctious". No one should have to tolerate that kind of behavior. Let them behave that way at home, not in public, because when you do, others have a right to let you know how they feel about it. Would not have been any child of mine.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Parts of the night at 21 were set up. Remember that Francois ran directly to Ramona and screamed at her? I wondered how many people from the crew told him to scream at the lady in the pink dress? And to the poster who stated that Ramona was late, you are right, she should have been punctual which put everyone out. All the participants are contractually obligated to be at certain functions so possibly the Silex family couldn't leave without violating that part of the contract. Too bad they didn't insist on having a nanny, but I do remember cute Ally trying to do her part and keep them entertained.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Kao

What these ladies need to know is that alot of women in your business is not good business.
    Anyone else feel more than a little uncomfortable watching this reunion? These women are behaving very, very badly and I feel like I'm overhearing the neighbors arguing, wondering if they know or realize I can hear and see everything they're saying and doing . . .

I feel dirty watching this.
    These 2 comments x 1,000,000!

Finally watched this in its entirety tonight after missing the last two shows and wow...my initial for Ramona last season has jelled into full-on dislike. She's the worst type of person; one who makes herself look big by making others look small. It's absolutely none of her business what is going on in Luanne's marriage (why would it be?) and that blog entry about Bethany was horrible; poor Bethany looked as if
    like she wanted to cry while Ramona just sat there and tried to justify the unjustifiable. Simon and Alex's children may not be the best behaved, but they are children and do what their parents allow them to do. There's absolutely no excuse for Ramona's behaviour. None at all.

I still think that Kelly needs to get off whatever drugs she's on but something rang true when she described the situation with her ex that led to the assault charge. Unfortunately there are always creepers from the past who see that others are doing well without them and want to ruin that. The fact that he didn't even bother to show up for the hearing was pretty telling. I found myself feeling really bad for her.
    Last edited by Kao; 05-14-2009 at 04:54 AM.

Closed Thread