Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I watched 3 clips of next weeks show on Bravo. I am just amazed at Jill. She acts like everyone on this show has to be come to her standards....honesty, integrity and every moral fiber has to be perfect to be on HER show. She seems to think she is the one that is asking the questions with an iron fist....and she is monitoring everyones answers....every time someone on the panel answered a question, Jill had a catty remark..she called everyone to the table over what they had to say. She called Alex to the carpet on having a book launching party and after lots of screaming and yelling discovered she didn't know what she was talking about...but it does not humble her in any way shape or form. After all it is a reality show and we watch it to see how they live. I do have to agree with one thing LF had to say, and that is 'who cares?' If Alex had a party to invite publishers for her book, why does that bother Jill and why does she think she should bring it up and make a federal case? If Luanne wants to brag about being a Countess, what does that have to do with Jill? There is a big difference between being a powerful woman and a bitchy control freak.

Last night I thought it was hilarious when Andy 'grabbed' his notes away from Romona...and I mean grabbed....LOL

I thought I liked Jill, but not this year what a big deal she made about the purse. why not just buy it and then show it off? she had to let everyone know that the money spent this year is pared down from last year. As if $16,000.00 is not a big deal. If it wasn't a big deal, then why put it on the show. Which causes me to wonder, what can a $16,000.00 purse do that a $100.00 can not?

Watching this show makes me appreciate my girlfriends so much! My friends would sit around and laugh at how we acted or how it was edited, not yell and screech at each other and call each other liars.

FORT Regular

I didn't even know Kelly before this show, so her statement about her name being tainted after the allegation against her really does nothing for me; her actions on this show have tainted her enough. She really should have kept her "Bethenny is a crybaby" comments to herself. A claim made by her ex boyfriend--one that she insisted isn't true--got her tearing up... yet she's never cried over a guy/relationship before?

Ramona's comments about Bethenny on her blog were rude, but I'm really annoyed at Jill for commenting on every darn little thing. I could have done without the peanut gallery comments.

Not once during the show did Alex or Simon say their book was about the experience of being parents, they made it clear that it was strictly about parenting. After the reaction the viewers had to watching their boys on the show a second time around, and with people questioning their parenting, the publishers must have told them the change of plans.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3448500;
    Kelly's three BFF's are "Me", "Myself" and "I". And from what I hear "I" is tried of the competition and is thinking about finding a new BFF!
    I bet Leatherfaces friends "me", "myself" and "i" aren't even women, they are the voices in her head. Women like her don't have female friends. Only female "associates". She all about the men. She's also a cougar. She learned from her ex-hubby to make sure they're younger. "Ever since I'm a kid, sob, I don't want a tissue". That dude didn't punch himself in the face and split his lip. In NY, the victim of domestic violence does not always have to appear in court.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

i missed most of the reunion last night . . . . they did address the "that's why your eyes are like that" thing? what did they say?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard;3448610;
    I saw most of last night's episode. The NY housewives are my favorite Bravo housewives. They looked very pretty last night........I don't find all that drama necessary.

I found LuAnne's comments about Ramona's eyes very rude. It's o.k. for people who don't know Ramona to make comments in here. Sometimes Ramona has begged for it with unkind behavior. But LuAnne knows Ramona in person. If she meant that Ramona should stop making faces, then she should have just said Ramona is making a lot of faces. Ramona was correct in calling LuAnne F-ing rude. LuAnne should apologize.

Be glad you have your health ladies. The rudeness is unnecessary. Find better ways to spend your time.

Kelly is too disconnected to add interest to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3448839;
    i missed most of the reunion last night . . . . they did address the "that's why your eyes are like that" thing? what did they say?
    Not yet if they ever do.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Quote Originally Posted by misslada;3448683;
    I thought I liked Jill, but not this year what a big deal she made about the purse. why not just buy it and then show it off? she had to let everyone know that the money spent this year is pared down from last year. As if $16,000.00 is not a big deal. If it wasn't a big deal, then why put it on the show. Which causes me to wonder, what can a $16,000.00 purse do that a $100.00 can not?

Watching this show makes me appreciate my girlfriends so much! My friends would sit around and laugh at how we acted or how it was edited, not yell and screech at each other and call each other liars.
    The purse shot was a direct way of promoting the bag and the designer. Jill has other bags which are way more expensive but has never brought that up because she wasn't promoting the line like here. It was a little similar to the discussion of the GE appliances in Alex's kitchen.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone;3448361;
    Last night was a little bit of a let down for me. I guess I wanted them to "dog" Leatherface more. She sure was quiet after her initial Q&A with Cohen.

Mazal. (snark)

Anyhoo - I taped it and I will need to watch it again. But hopefully Thursday night will be better. I just want Cohen and Lady B to call Leatherface out on her tete a tete meeting re: "This is you and this is me" hand gestures. And then Leatherface not remembering she did that.

Maid
    And then she sees the clip of herself saying that with the hand gesture!!! I hope they do that.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

When is part two airing? For some reason my DVR did not record part one and I fell asleep while I was watching. Gotta rerecord!

Quote Originally Posted by ksgirl;3448916;
    When is part two airing? For some reason my DVR did not record part one and I fell asleep while I was watching. Gotta rerecord!
    Part 2 airs thursday night.

I haven't really liked Lu-Ann ever, but she sort of grew on me this season. I thought she looked lovely last night and that she was very gracious. Considering all that was going on in her marriage, I understand why she lashed out/ overreacted at Ramona and wants to protect her children.

Bethany- I thought she was gracious to listen to Alex and consider what she said. I felt bad for her when she cried.

Kelly- I don't think any of them like her either. She badmouthed Bethany behind her back (was that in her blog?), at least Bethany said the Madonna thing to her face. She cried over her problems then preceded to critisize Bethany for crying over things. I think she's just very warped on the inside. I agree that she lies all the time.

Ramona- She's very weird. I do think she's had a horrible upbringing and thus doesn't know how to act or treat people. But.....she needs to get therepy instead of sunspot removals. I think she feels like she has to strike first b/f anyon e else strikes her.

Alex- I thought she looked awful last night. But she was gracious and i sense a little afraid to really go head to head with the rest of them.

Jilly- I just ignored. She said nothing helpful or revealing.

Closed Thread