Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3448181;
    I might not be remembering correctly, but didn't they cut to Jill who was nodding? I was a little confused on that but I was under the impression that Kelly confided in Jill.
    Yes, they did show her nodding and they didn't show anyone else's reaction so who knows if the other gals were nodding also or what they were doing. I highly doubt that Kelly confided in Jill, especially months and months after filming ended, and I also doubt Kelly would break up with a boyfriend on Jill's say-so. But I'm sure she'd do it on Gilles' say-so. Just my hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3447825;
    I think that Kelly's communication problem is that so often, she's lying. It's harder to communicate when you're trying to keep the story track in your mind. When you look at the number of little contradictions that come up in stories that she tells and defenses she gives, its evident that she's lying. When she was talking about the assault incident - in one breath she said she never wanted to talk about it again, and in the next was lamenting that things are still pending, so she can't talk about it. She's got those sorts of contradictions all over the place. If she'd just tell the truth and be herself, she'd find it was easier to talk.
    GOD! I love what you wrote! I have felt this for years! Not just on this show BUT in relationships too. If a person isn't communicating well (like Kelly, choosing her words carefully) it's because they are trying to hide lies. In relationships (the guilty party) just stops talking altogether (they don't want to blow their cover). I almost feel that Kelly didn't realize what she signed up for. Now she's stuck (trying) to answer questions about things that she has tried to hide. It's so uncomfortable watching her.

Last night was a little bit of a let down for me. I guess I wanted them to "dog" Leatherface more. She sure was quiet after her initial Q&A with Cohen.

Mazal. (snark)

Anyhoo - I taped it and I will need to watch it again. But hopefully Thursday night will be better. I just want Cohen and Lady B to call Leatherface out on her tete a tete meeting re: "This is you and this is me" hand gestures. And then Leatherface not remembering she did that.

Hellllooooo Cokeface.

urgh,
    Maid

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SassnSauce;3447898;
    Leatherface is cold and self absorbed. "why would I cry?", how cold is that. I really don't think she knows how oblivious she is too other people. Who was it, Marona, that told the story of a girl with her guy in the elevator of the building Leatherface lives in? That she was all in the guys face in front of his girlfriend and not even acknowledging that the girl was standing there. Sound familiar? Of course Leatherface had no recollection of this. There's a pattern and a reason for that type of pattern. Who me? And Lulu asking if she had any female friends. Didn't she start to say no then checked herself saying she had 3 really good friends. I don't believe she has any female friends at all. Probably because women are on to her and don't tolerate her behavior. She actually believes the world revolves around her.
    Kelly's three BFF's are "Me", "Myself" and "I". And from what I hear "I" is tried of the competition and is thinking about finding a new BFF!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good one!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3447966;
    if the contract they signed handed over rights to every aspect of their lives, I doubt that Bravo would have as many women willing to do it as they do.
    I doubt Bravo had very many women willing to do this in the first place. That's how we got stuck with these bores. They really aren't interesting women at all, but their interactions make for good TV and even better snark!

I thought Alex came off really well last night. It's true that she never seems to be shown gossiping about the women like they obviously do about her. Was glad to see Bethenny concede to her wishes. It raised Bethenny a bit in my estimation. I really like Luann and understand her wanting to keep her marriage private and try to protect her kids. She gets carried away with herself sometimes, but I don't find her at all mean spirited.
    I really enjoy Andy Cohen and the questions he asks. They're perfect.

I still find these housewives a lot more palatable than OC. I enjoy watching the latter, too, but they definitely don't, IMO, have many redeeming qualities.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3448554;
    I thought Alex came off really well last night. It's true that she never seems to be shown gossiping about the women like they obviously do about her. Was glad to see Bethenny concede to her wishes. It raised Bethenny a bit in my estimation. I really like Luann and understand her wanting to keep her marriage private and try to protect her kids. She gets carried away with herself sometimes, but I don't find her at all mean spirited.
    I really enjoy Andy Cohen and the questions he asks. They're perfect.

I still find these housewives a lot more palatable than OC. I enjoy watching the latter, too, but they definitely don't, IMO, have many redeeming qualities.
    I totally agree with you on Alex. Away from Simon, she really does kind of serve as the voice of reason, or the personification of the viewers in a lot of ways. She's lucky she's got Simon ... if he weren't such a character for the show, she's so normal that she'd probably risk getting dumped from the show like DeShawn in Atlanta.

I saw most of last night's episode. The NY housewives are my favorite Bravo housewives. They looked very pretty last night........I don't find all that drama necessary.

I found LuAnne's comments about Ramona's eyes very rude. It's o.k. for people who don't know Ramona to make comments in here. Sometimes Ramona has begged for it with unkind behavior. But LuAnne knows Ramona in person. If she meant that Ramona should stop making faces, then she should have just said Ramona is making a lot of faces. Ramona was correct in calling LuAnne F-ing rude. LuAnne should apologize.

Be glad you have your health ladies. The rudeness is unnecessary. Find better ways to spend your time.

Kelly is too disconnected to add interest to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3447932;
    I found Jill to be bullying. "See, you just don't think fast enough to keep up with me." Once again in this latest episode she finds one inconsistency, or imagined inconsistency, jumps on it, and uses that to appear smart and on the ball. She really has appointed herself Queen Bee of the May as you point out and has no unuttered thoughts.
    Couldn't agree more. She really showed her true colors. The faces she made and her bullying and know-it-all attitude really did her in. They're all freakin' nuts.

Closed Thread