Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3447958;
    Not for nothing, but these ladies signed up for a reality show. I'm not saying every detail of their lives will or should be shown, but a biggie like a "society marriage" that is coming apart is fodder for the show. I think if Ramona had an issue with the fact that it was a taboo subject she expressed it in an inappropriate manner but, on the other hand, LuAnn could have pulled a Lauri Waring and recused herself from the season if she had this issue to deal with and didn't want it shown on reality TV.
    I don't think the time line should be lost when it comes to LuAnn's marriage. She said last night that they were in a rought patch while the show was being filmed, which was last Summer. It was only in the past couple of months that he said he wanted a divorce. And some of the issues in their marriage WERE shown -- remember their daughter's horse show when he did nto show up, and she was shown ont he phone expressing her frustration that he was not there?

These women have signed up for a show that depicts high-income living in New York City. That means that those aspects of their lives are depicted ... not all the gossipy nitty gritty. Sure, it would have made for good TV if Luann chose to show it. But that's a decision for her to make, and she chose her children over the show. if the contract they signed handed over rights to every aspect of their lives, I doubt that Bravo would have as many women willing to do it as they do.

A couple more thoughts . . .

I wonder what the real backstory is between Jill & Ramona. From what we've been shown, there's no reason for Jill to jump out of her skin every time Ramona opens her mouth, especially about things that aren't about Jill. And there's no reason for Jill to challenge Ramona about how long Ramona has or hasn't been working on her skin-care business (there's also no reason Ramona has to justify it to Jill). For some reason, Ramona pushes Jill's buttons without even intending to, and I just wonder what's behind it.

When Kelly spoke about her arrest and said Jill had told her to dump the boyfriend - I'm not so sure she meant "Jill." I think she might have meant "Gilles," her ex-husband, who she supposedly is still great friends with and speaks to 3 or 4 times a day.

It has been at least a year Marona has been working on her skincare line. It said so in the final shout outs on the season finale. I love Jill but why does she think it's her J.O.B. to call out Marona on camera?

There's a poll on the Bravo website asking if we could vote someone off who would it be. 80% of the voters want Leatherface out. Laby "B" got 4%.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SassnSauce;3447997;
    It has been at least a year Marona has been working on her skincare line. It said so in the final shout outs on the season finale. I love Jill but why does she think it's her J.O.B. to call out Marona on camera?
    Because Ramona has made it her job to call everyone else out?

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3447384;
    Andy can be annoying but I gotta say that he does end up asking most the questions I want answered.

He started out with the tough questions for Luann (email breakup) & Kelly (assault charge) and to me, their answers sounded rehearsed because they knew the questions were coming. Looks like the gloves are coming off in the next segement. Should be fun. (I'm a terrible human being, I know. But I sat through this long, depressing season and I want some satisfaction.)
    Andy loves the snark - he's annoying, but part of the fun! Yes, their answers mostly sounded rehearsed -- but none of them are smart enough to let the answers sit without sniping at one another.....they flat out lost their minds on this reunion, with hatred of one another unvarnished -wow! Unbridled hubris is so loaded.

The posters on this forum are so many steps ahead of the RH. Your comments are witty and sharp, fun to read! ... one of my daily laugh breaks.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

how seriously can you take someone calling you awesome that also told you you were beneath them tho?

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3447962;
    I agree; I don't think Kelly's malevolent, I think there's more good in her than bad, but she does have a trouble dealing with real people, which puts her at a distinct disadvantage when dealing with Yenta Central types. Like she was really nice to Bethenny but it came across strange what she said. But Bethenny was determined not to understand which just left Kelly floundering around insisting on Bethenny's 'awesomeness.'

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3447988;
    A couple more thoughts . . .

I wonder what the real backstory is between Jill & Ramona. From what we've been shown, there's no reason for Jill to jump out of her skin every time Ramona opens her mouth, especially about things that aren't about Jill. And there's no reason for Jill to challenge Ramona about how long Ramona has or hasn't been working on her skin-care business (there's also no reason Ramona has to justify it to Jill). For some reason, Ramona pushes Jill's buttons without even intending to, and I just wonder what's behind it.

When Kelly spoke about her arrest and said Jill had told her to dump the boyfriend - I'm not so sure she meant "Jill." I think she might have meant "Gilles," her ex-husband, who she supposedly is still great friends with and speaks to 3 or 4 times a day.
    I might not be remembering correctly, but didn't they cut to Jill who was nodding? I was a little confused on that but I was under the impression that Kelly confided in Jill.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3447951;

There was also something that fell flat with me with regards to Ramona's crusade for truth and openess. Andy started with her saying she had not been in the news, but she has. She's been in Page Six as well for the issues she's faced with other parents as Avery's school due to her involvement with the show. They never brought that up. It may have been that Andy didn't think it was newsworthy. But it may have been that Ramona didn't want to talk about it, and let it be kown ahead of time. If she truly believes that every aspect of their lives must be made public, shouldn't she have brought up her own school issues, even if Andy did not?
    Sure I wish that Andy had brought up the rumors regarding the issues Ramona's had with Avery's school but I highly doubt any of those women would have brought up rumors that were floating around about themselves.
    We didn't see as much of Avery this season which was probably Avery's call and I respect Ramona for letting her have that choice.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3448181;
    I might not be remembering correctly, but didn't they cut to Jill who was nodding? I was a little confused on that but I was under the impression that Kelly confided in Jill.
    They did show Jill nodding, but that could have been reflecting one of several things -- either Kelly and Jill really did have that conversation, or Jill nodding was edited in from some other moment where Jill was nodding about something entirely different to make it LOOK like the conversation happened between Kelly and Jill, OR Jill was nodding in agreement as if to say "That was good advice he gave you, you need to get away from a man like that" instead of "Yes, that's what I said".

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3448186;
    Sure I wish that Andy had brought up the rumors regarding the issues Ramona's had with Avery's school but I highly doubt any of those women would have brought up rumors that were floating around about themselves.
    We didn't see as much of Avery this season which was probably Avery's call and I respect Ramona for letting her have that choice.
    I odn't expect the women to bring up dirt on themselves either -- but that's the standard Ramona was trying to hold LuAnn to. I pointed it out to illustrate the absurdity of what Ramona was criticizing LuAnn for.

LuAnn was also upset that Ramona even showed up at Hope Lodge. That was LuAnn's event, with Bethenny, as they tend to show Bethenny cooking. Jill showed up later, after the fireworks. Ramona essentially crashed that event and that was the initial upset for LuAnn.
    Last edited by New Mommy; 05-13-2009 at 01:38 PM.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Closed Thread