Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

I agree with you, New Mommy. I was impressed that Bethenny took responsibility for what Alex was saying she didn't like. Not everyone can/is willing to do that.

I. hate. that. Kelly. puts. a. period. after. every. word. that. comes. out. of. her. mouth. See. how. annoying. it. is.

I going between laughing and feeling bad for Ramona because it did seem like she was getting beat up on but she did deserve it. Also, that woman has to be on something because she's too jumpy/jittery for a normal person. Maybe her and Kelly share their drugs. I think I'd be beyond annoyed is she was my mom.

I give props to Alex. If I heard someone say that my husband made their skin crawl I'd be pissed. She just laughed it off. Good for her for truly not caring what others think (at least for the show).

Luann looked beautiful; her skin is so pretty. Anyway, I don't get why it's any of the housewives business what is going on in Luann's marriage. I don't care if she's making it seem like they are soul mates, blah blah blah. Just because they are having a rough patch and/or divorcing doesn't mean she that her feelings automatically go away. Maybe she still feels he's a soul mate. Also, all but Bethenny have children, is it really that hard for them to think that maybe she's trying to protect her kids? Her kids don't need to know the sordid details of their failed marriage they just need ot know that their parents still love them.

There's really nothing to say about Jill since they didn't really talk to her that much. I was laughing that every time someone said something she had a comment to make.

I can't wait until Thursday. I want to know why Bethenny tells Kelly she's a piece of s***t.

Holy catfight! Like Bethenny would say. That was wild! I can't wait for part 2. Ramona was just crazy with those wildly rolling eyes! And I thought Kelly was the craziest one!

Leatherface is cold and self absorbed. "why would I cry?", how cold is that. I really don't think she knows how oblivious she is too other people. Who was it, Marona, that told the story of a girl with her guy in the elevator of the building Leatherface lives in? That she was all in the guys face in front of his girlfriend and not even acknowledging that the girl was standing there. Sound familiar? Of course Leatherface had no recollection of this. There's a pattern and a reason for that type of pattern. Who me? And Lulu asking if she had any female friends. Didn't she start to say no then checked herself saying she had 3 really good friends. I don't believe she has any female friends at all. Probably because women are on to her and don't tolerate her behavior. She actually believes the world revolves around her.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SassnSauce;3447898;
    Leatherface is cold and self absorbed. "why would I cry?", how cold is that. I really don't think she knows how oblivious she is too other people. Who was it, Marona, that told the story of a girl with her guy in the elevator of the building Leatherface lives in? That she was all in the guys face in front of his girlfriend and not even acknowledging that the girl was standing there. Sound familiar? Of course Leatherface had no recollection of this. There's a pattern and a reason for that type of pattern. Who me? And Lulu asking if she had any female friends. Didn't she start to say no then checked herself saying she had 3 really good friends. I don't believe she has any female friends at all. Probably because women are on to her and don't tolerate her behavior. She actually believes the world revolves around her.
    I would actually believe that Kelly has three women that she considers really good friends -- they probably play more of the role of "caregiver" for her. I think that the drug speculation that has been thrown around here has some merit, and it makes sense to me that there'd still be a few people in Kelly's life who are scared to cut her out, because they're scared of what would happen to her. So everytime she is in trouble, in an enabling sort of way, they come running to take care of her. Kelly probably doesn't have much of a clue what is happening in their lives, but knows they'll be there to pick up the pieces everytime she has a crisis. Those three women may not view Kelly in the same light that she does them, but I could be convinced that they're there.

All in all, I think that Kelly views every person she encounters as a means to an end. Her true "friends" are kept around because of what they do to take care of her. When she's socializing, she goes right to who she needs something from, and is oblivious to the people who can't do something for her. It wouldnt' surprise me if LuAnn recognizes that, and that's why she asked the question about friends.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3447491;
    What on earth makes Ramona think someone needs to inform her when they divorce?
    She hid behind a crusade for the truth to cover up the fact that she was tremendously pi**ed off that LuAnn dared to zing her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3447533;
    Anyone else feel more than a little uncomfortable watching this reunion? These women are behaving very, very badly and I feel like I'm overhearing the neighbors arguing, wondering if they know or realize I can hear and see everything they're saying and doing . . .

I feel dirty watching this.

And I wish Jill would just.shut.up. None of the questions have been directed at her yet she has what to say about everything and she starts to twitch every time Ramona opens her mouth. If Ramona said "It's Tuesday," I think Jill would twitch. Jill bugs.
    I found Jill to be bullying. "See, you just don't think fast enough to keep up with me." Once again in this latest episode she finds one inconsistency, or imagined inconsistency, jumps on it, and uses that to appear smart and on the ball. She really has appointed herself Queen Bee of the May as you point out and has no unuttered thoughts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3447642;
    Alex made a really good point when she said that Bethenny should come to her and tell her, to her face, what ever she wants to say to her. Going behind the back, and then seeing it on the confessional, is lame. I've been there, so I can see where Alex is coming from in this situation. I admire that Bethenny said, yeah, you're right. She takes responsibility. If the women in my circle would have done this, things would be better. All women should learn to let it out and move on with life. This reunion is like therapy!
    I thought Alex comported herself very well, with intelligence and class and insight. She may be kicked off for not being dramatic or aggressive enough. I like her more and more. I don't think anyone had a nasty thing to say about her, even Ramona was subdued. I loved how she said that her children knew not to say nasty things about other people, looking meaningfully at Ramona.

I also thought Bethenny did well as you point out.

FORT Fogey

I think that both Jill and Ramona have appointed themselves Queen Bee, which is probably where most of the conflict between them comes from. Sure, Jill can be a bit bullying when she shoots people down, but Ramona is as well when she beleives she needs to inject her way of doing things in the way everyone lives their lives ... Luann should have been open about her marital woes, Alex doesn't raise her children properly, Bethanny isn't dating right, etc etc etc. I think that Jill does what she does to Ramona because she knows that Ramona shoots her mouth off withoutthinking, and all she's got to do is ask the right question, and Ramona is shot down.

There was also something that fell flat with me with regards to Ramona's crusade for truth and openess. Andy started with her saying she had not been in the news, but she has. She's been in Page Six as well for the issues she's faced with other parents as Avery's school due to her involvement with the show. They never brought that up. It may have been that Andy didn't think it was newsworthy. But it may have been that Ramona didn't want to talk about it, and let it be kown ahead of time. If she truly believes that every aspect of their lives must be made public, shouldn't she have brought up her own school issues, even if Andy did not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3447843;
    Anyway, I don't get why it's any of the housewives business what is going on in Luann's marriage. I don't care if she's making it seem like they are soul mates, blah blah blah. Just because they are having a rough patch and/or divorcing doesn't mean she that her feelings automatically go away. Maybe she still feels he's a soul mate. Also, all but Bethenny have children, is it really that hard for them to think that maybe she's trying to protect her kids? Her kids don't need to know the sordid details of their failed marriage they just need ot know that their parents still love them.
    Not for nothing, but these ladies signed up for a reality show. I'm not saying every detail of their lives will or should be shown, but a biggie like a "society marriage" that is coming apart is fodder for the show. I think if Ramona had an issue with the fact that it was a taboo subject she expressed it in an inappropriate manner but, on the other hand, LuAnn could have pulled a Lauri Waring and recused herself from the season if she had this issue to deal with and didn't want it shown on reality TV.

Next subject - sofa psychoanalysis. From where I'm sitting and from what I've seen of their mothers or know of their mothers, these women are their mothers. Jill=Gloria (know-it-all, spoiled wife, doesn't stop or shut up until the hubby gives her exactly what she wants). LuAnn=cold fish mother who doesn't know how to be warm or genuinely affectionate toward her kids. Ramona=emotionally abused mom who doesn't know how to express dissatisfaction to other people or how to defend herself when others express their dissatisfaction about her. Bethenny=apparently a mom who didn't make any connection to her at all, hence she can't make a connection to another person. Don't know anything about Kelly's or Alex' moms so no comment about them.

And next subject - kadooz to the sound crew for this reunion. With everyone talking loudly over each other for 7 hours, it's incredible any useful tape came out of it - not to mention how their ears must have hurt!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3447801;
    I was really, really, REALLY disappointed in Jill, Bethany, and LuAnn. Talk about making mountains out of mole-hills, playing holier-than-thou, and more. Eesh.
    Exactly. Especially LuAnn. My God, what was she protesting? She was already on the outs with the old coot; I can only figure that Victoria didn't know or didn't understand and she was trying to protect her. But she was so condescending to Ramona--she nearly called her a slut, so why shouldn't Ramona have zinged back. And then this whole reaction at the reunion was really over the top.

On a related note....I really want Kelly to redeem herself. She needs a coach to help her communicate with people better, though. The othes do, too, but for some reason, Kelly just comes off as worse. And, she is not stupid. A Columbia grad and very accomplished in her professional life, the girl is not a slouch.
    I agree; I don't think Kelly's malevolent, I think there's more good in her than bad, but she does have a trouble dealing with real people, which puts her at a distinct disadvantage when dealing with Yenta Central types. Like she was really nice to Bethenny but it came across strange what she said. But Bethenny was determined not to understand which just left Kelly floundering around insisting on Bethenny's 'awesomeness.'

I hope she smartens up her game but I doubt she will; she has her own circle to run in and her own projects. She's not a good fit but that doesn't mean that she's not a good person. Maybe because I'm awkward around people I can sympathise with not being polished, glib, and with coming up against such judgemental persons.

Closed Thread