Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

what these ladies need to know is that alot of women in your business is not good business. I don't blame Kelly for not getting really close to these nosy hefers.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Anyone else feel more than a little uncomfortable watching this reunion? These women are behaving very, very badly and I feel like I'm overhearing the neighbors arguing, wondering if they know or realize I can hear and see everything they're saying and doing . . .

I feel dirty watching this.

And I wish Jill would just.shut.up. None of the questions have been directed at her yet she has what to say about everything and she starts to twitch every time Ramona opens her mouth. If Ramona said "It's Tuesday," I think Jill would twitch. Jill bugs.
    Last edited by rebotco; 05-12-2009 at 11:16 PM.

Kelly just seems so dumb to me. She can't keep up with these sharp women. She's out of her league here.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And people have always wondered why I am such a private person. And I've found that men can be just as gossipy/chatty/catty as women. :nono I have friends who tell all of their business and get annoyed with me because I won't share most of mine.

The saying is "Familiarity breeds contempt." Too true.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3447547;
    And people have always wondered why I am such a private person. And I've found that men can be just as gossipy/chatty/catty as women. :nono I have friends who tell all of their business and get annoyed with me because I won't share most of mine.

The saying is "Familiarity breeds contempt." Too true.
    I do alot of Charity events and I can say some of the most Catty women tend to be at these events. I keep my business to me and mine. The reason they don't get along is because of not learning to keep their business to themselves.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Alex made a really good point when she said that Bethenny should come to her and tell her, to her face, what ever she wants to say to her. Going behind the back, and then seeing it on the confessional, is lame. I've been there, so I can see where Alex is coming from in this situation. I admire that Bethenny said, yeah, you're right. She takes responsibility. If the women in my circle would have done this, things would be better. All women should learn to let it out and move on with life. This reunion is like therapy!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

I slept through most of the reunion so I'll need to catch the repeat. I did wake up briefly and wanted to take Jill, Bethenny and Ramona and slam their heads together. Bethenny please lose the "I have no parents" spiel. You are not an orphan.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

I was really, really, REALLY disappointed in Jill, Bethany, and LuAnn. Talk about making mountains out of mole-hills, playing holier-than-thou, and more. Eesh.

I've loved this show since Day 1, but I was so put off by these three - especially Jill and Bethany - that I may stop watching. Jill acts like she owns the show and Bethany acts like she is God's greatest gift and she knows all. Plain old Yuck.

Honestly, I would take Simon and Alex, Kelly, and Ramona any day of the week over the other 3.

If it becomes the Jill and Bethany Show (which it nearly is anyway), I wouldn't be able to stomach it.

On a related note....I really want Kelly to redeem herself. She needs a coach to help her communicate with people better, though. The othes do, too, but for some reason, Kelly just comes off as worse. And, she is not stupid. A Columbia grad and very accomplished in her professional life, the girl is not a slouch.

Kao

Goodness. Kelly needs to get off the drugs badly. What the hell is wrong with her?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3447801;

On a related note....I really want Kelly to redeem herself. She needs a coach to help her communicate with people better, though. The othes do, too, but for some reason, Kelly just comes off as worse. And, she is not stupid. A Columbia grad and very accomplished in her professional life, the girl is not a slouch.
    I think that Kelly's communication problem is that so often, she's lying. It's harder to communicate when you're trying to keep the story track in your mind. When you look at the number of little contradictions that come up in stories that she tells and defenses she gives, its evident that she's lying. When she was talking about the assault incident - in one breath she said she never wanted to talk about it again, and in the next was lamenting that things are still pending, so she can't talk about it. She's got those sorts of contradictions all over the place. If she'd just tell the truth and be herself, she'd find it was easier to talk.

Closed Thread