Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3432143;
    Kelly's closet was featured on Yahoo's fashion section. She said, "Whenever someone says something I don't like, I look at my shoes and go, yeah, they are hot!"
    Uh huh...
    I don't get it.....or is that the point? I might need to stop reading about her.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;3445920;
    I don't get it.....or is that the point? I might need to stop reading about her.
    Everytime someone reads something new about Kelly's life philosophy, they lose a brain cell. I'm pretty sure that it's true.

Not a big fan of Ramona, but I don't think her responding to the hateful comments made about her behind her back in her blog deems her deserving of the venom and vitriol given to her by Jill and Bethenny, with Luanne piling on afterward. I used to favor Jill until Creaky Joints Charity setup.("Ramona's a liar" incident) Bethenny is funny with her acerbic wit and sharp one-liners. I find her humor amusing though I'm a little confused at why anything Ramona wrote would make her cry.(tears in her eyes) Usually a person who dishes it out, knows how to take it.

Lady "B"'s new beau was filmed along with everyone else at the charity event. I believe he arrived with her. What I wanna know is why she'd harp about being single if she had a guy while they were taping. I'm getting more and more disillusioned with "reality-tv" by the second. Not saying that I'll stop watching mind you, I mean, all the drama they have makes me glad not to have any in my life. I'm saying if you want to make real reality then don't get busted not being real.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

At that point B's Beau might have been merely B's date for the evening.

Do Kelly and LaExContessa seem the kinds of persons who would accuse you of something, then, when you defended yourself, berate you ("kindly," "helpfully") for being "defensive?" I used to know a lot/too many wispy Kate-Bush listening clown-mask-on-wall-hanging ballet-flats wearing girls in high school like that. They'd reach the heights of rudeness, with a smile, and then "feel sorry for you" if you said anything back. It was ages before I realized I was better off just ignoring them. Eventually they gained weight and came down to earth with a plonking sound.
    Last edited by AngloAm; 05-12-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: to correct spacing between 'was' and 'ages'

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3442315;
    I think you're mixing your housewives. It's the Cali ones who get Botoxed.
    Actually, they have also shown Ramona getting more than 1 botox injection from the plastic surgeon who she considers a really good friend. And, yes, they were in her face. I don't know about anyone else, but if I were going to a plastic surgeon for a treatment, I would not consder the Dr. a really good friend. If, on the other hand, I went for several injections, I might then call the DR. a good friend.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3442299;
    I was wondering, did any of the housewives go to graduate school or have advanced degrees?
    Most of the professional women I know wouldn't have the time or the desire to have cameras follow them around neither would the wives of many of the professional men I know. What would make someone open themselves up to such scrutiny and to be portrayed the way they are. Looking at the preview of the RHoNY reunion, aren't they embarrassed?
    I don't know of many colleagues / friends who'd want to be on this, either. However, it seems that there is a surplus of both women and men in this world who are more than willing to go on TV and embarass themselves in front of millions of viewers for fame and whatever the paycheck might be. Though I sure wouldn't be rushing out to go on these programs, I'm sure glad these wannabee's sign up for it - it sure provides all of us with some good entertainment.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3446291;
    [/I] Eventually they gained weight and came down to earth with a plonking sound.

such a nice turn of phrase.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

They're doing a marathon right now - just watched an epi I missed. Love how these morons make me laugh. Occurs to me that Ramona's eyes are symptomatic of a thyroid disorder. I doubt she gets good medical care, so maybe she doesn't know.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Anybody else watching part one of the reunion?

Closed Thread