Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New York City

Re: The Real Housewives of New York City

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny;3442383;
    Well Kelly attended Columbia's School of General Studies. It's a separate college only for non-traditional and part-time students. While still a notable accomplishment, a degree from there is not as prestigious as a degree from Columbia University itself.
    Thanks for the clarification, did she graduate or just "attend?"

FORT Fogey

Anyone else find it hysterically funny that Ramona is always going on and on about how young she and Mario look? I don't think she looks that young at all, actually. The skin on her face looks treated young, but the skin on her neck gives her away. And since when is Botox "natural"?

I don't think any of the Manhattan women give any sort of "real" perspective of life in New York City at all. I have been to NY many a time and I have yet to see anyone running in traffic.... maybe I'm just the last one to get the "essential New York experience"....

I do, however, think that Alex and Simon give a pretty accurate portrayal of life in Brooklyn. The way they describe it is pretty accurate. Also, in Season 1 when they were trying to get Francois into the "best" schools - that is VERY hipster Brooklyn parent.

Have any of the other families in any of the Housewives seasons had children as young as they do on the show?

Kelly did graduate from the Columbia School of General Studies. She went back to school after having dropped out of a small college to model. She modeled in high school, as well, so possibly, her education is lacking in some areas, full of holes, which explains some of her strange, immature behavior. Sometimes she behaves like she's frozen at 14, but then I think of Avery and Ally who are by far more mature than Kelly and behave more appropriately and change my mind.

Regarding Mario: he should let up on the hair dye for a couple of months and he'd look more natural.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3442670;
    Anyone else find it hysterically funny that Ramona is always going on and on about how young she and Mario look? I don't think she looks that young at all, actually. The skin on her face looks treated young, but the skin on her neck gives her away. And since when is Botox "natural"?
    I still think Ramona looks good for a 52 year old woman but she does tend to stick in her foot in her mouth more than not!
    I don't think any of the Manhattan women give any sort of "real" perspective of life in New York City at all. I have been to NY many a time and I have yet to see anyone running in traffic.... maybe I'm just the last one to get the "essential New York experience"....

I wonder if Kelly will celebrate Mother's Day by spending the day running in traffic with her two girls. What a moron!
    I do, however, think that Alex and Simon give a pretty accurate portrayal of life in Brooklyn. The way they describe it is pretty accurate. Also, in Season 1 when they were trying to get Francois into the "best" schools - that is VERY hipster Brooklyn parent.
    Honestly, it is not just a Brooklyn hipster "thing" to try and get your kids into the best schools. I realize it is typical but it happens in every big city.
    Have any of the other families in any of the Housewives seasons had children as young as they do on the show?
    I think Tamra's kids on RHoOC are pretty young.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3442330;
    You missed her point. She knew Ramona lies and caught Ramona lying. Ramona even admitted later that she didn't give her card.
    If I recall, Ramona did give her card and Christina confirmed it. Even so, Jill went on and on that Ramona is a liar, because Jill can never admit that she's wrong.

FORT Fogey

You're right - everyone does try to get their kid into the best school. I'm just saying that high-class Brooklyn parents are notorious for it, or so it seems.

Tamra's kids were like, 5 and 8 right? That's the impression I got.
    My point is that Francois and Johan are very young boys, and I think that the cast members are awful hard on them in terms of their behavior.

I saw Bethanny on the Bonnie Hunt show today. When Bonnie asked her about Kelly graduating from Columbia she sort of implied that it was not true.....and said that she hasn't seen Kelly a lot since she has been busy with her "legal" issues. Bethanny also said that she and Jill are like family. Oh my gosh, it was so funny Bethanny called the way Ramona talked "Ramonics". They showed a clip of Ramona trying to say "kudos to us gals" for pulling off their fundraiser so well, but mispronounced it so badly that they did a segment on it.

'REAL' ISSUES - New York Post

In a tearful Freudian slip reply to the dust-up and accusations that she stole someone's jewelry design, Kelly says, "The grass isn't always greener -- it doesn't matter how much fertilizer you have." Exactly -- and we all know where fertilizer comes from.

Can someone explain to me what this statement is supposed to mean Please? Could she have meant "the grass isn't always greener on the other side? And if so, WHA? It sounds to me like it may be another Kellyism, you know where she butchers analogies/metaphors.

So looking forward to this evenings reunion show.

Why 'Housewife' Ramona Shouldn't Blog - LIVE: The TV Blog

Oh no she di-ant!

Anyone know what the scores so-far/were for that fashion show? I Think Lady "B" was in the lead in the beginning.
    Last edited by SassnSauce; 05-12-2009 at 09:29 AM.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

She really seems insane from time to time (Ramona).

I can't wait for tonight! After watching the preview on the Bravo site...at least I know exactly when to mute Jill! Ugh..her voice just gets to me! I am sort of glad they are doing this in two hours....I hope that the comment that LuAnn made to Ramona "your eyes are like that for a reason, Ramona" is addressed!

Closed Thread